What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

Most probably by arjun mk1,mk2..... as long as the t 90 is in service, you can bet that the arjun will be too

I hope so from my heart bro.But looking at the attitude of our army,I doubt they will do it.But if they do it will be just great.

REGARDS.

Actually he is not entirely right.. one of the main reason for the IA lack was the doctrine was prepared with T-72 and T-90.. thats why there was a upgrade plan on T-72... If Arjun had to inducted then a new doctrine has to be forumulated.. its another big process.. this the main reason for IA.. Arjun came out good .. but came late with a penalty...

But as per my knowledge,IA did operate a fleet of 280 heavy tanks.It was the 56 ton uparmored Centurion mkVIII.With thei 220 mm of frontal turret armor and 105 mm high velocity guns,they took massive toll on both the M48 Pattons and T55s.So what is the problem now when all the infrastructure is ready??With its superb guns,mobility and very thick armor with heavy ERA-NERA combo Arjun mk2 can create havoc fear in enemy tankers.It can provide us with a pcychological edge over our adversary.

@nabil the reason why you find Arjun slow and alkhalid is fast because.. Arjun's speed was shot from helis whose relative speed may not be known.. while your Alkhalid was shot from ground..

But as per my knowledge,IA did operate a fleet of 280 heavy tanks.It was the 56 ton uparmored Centurion mkVIII.With thei 220 mm of frontal turret armor and 105 mm high velocity guns,they took massive toll on both the M48 Pattons and T55s.So what is the problem now when all the infrastructure is ready??With its superb guns,mobility and very thick armor with heavy ERA-NERA combo Arjun mk2 can create havoc fear in enemy tankers.It can provide us with a pcychological edge over our adversary.

IA did operate... but i "guess" the operation efficiency of the modern T-90 is much better than that... T-90 with its new upgrade out matches the centurion thats the reluctant.. T-90's sleekness and robustness has actually impressed IA..

@nabil the reason why you find Arjun slow and alkhalid is fast because.. Arjun's speed was shot from helis whose relative speed may not be known.. while your Alkhalid was shot from ground..

There is no big difference in cross country mobility in these two tanks.Infact it will be easier for Arjuns to operate in desert due to its one of the lowest ground pressure.It's not the weight that matters but ground pressure matters most in mobility.

Arjun uses hydro pneumatic suspension which is expensive as well as comfortable ride but expensive to maintain where as AK uses a combo of Torsion bars and hydraulic dampers suspension making it quite comfortable ride. A little info on latter...

http://www.suspa.com/fileadmin/3_bilder/Bilderpool/DOWNLOAD-files/Kataloge/Industrie/softline_E.pdf

dont you think in war crew comfort is more important.. expensive and maintance comes next... Since it is India maintaining it... the job will be perfectly be carried out right?

IA did operate... but i "guess" the operation efficiency of the modern T-90 is much better than that... T-90 with its new upgrade out matches the centurion thats the reluctant.. T-90's sleekness and robustness has actually impressed IA..

I was not comparing the Centurion with T90.My point was that history is the evident that heavy weight tanks always gain a comfortable position compared to lighter tanks.T90 is at best comparable to AK but Arjuns are far superior.That was my point.

Overall a good show by Arjun but still on the slower side in desert! and this was not shot by helicopter.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does it matter whose tank is better than the other?

Let us not start a war here to test our own think-tank of ideas and disagreements!

dont you think in war crew comfort is more important.. expensive and maintance comes next... Since it is India maintaining it... the job will be perfectly be carried out right?

You misunderstood the purpose of my post. Both MBTs have their way of providing crew comfort and both are efficient in it. :)

How does it matter whose tank is better than the other?

Let us not start a war here to test our own think-tank of ideas and disagreements!

Check all my posts and tell me where i called Arjun or any Indian mbt "BAD"?

Overall a good show by Arjun but still on the slower side in desert! and this was not shot by helicopter.

What makes you comment that Arjun is slower and AK is faster in the desert? from the videos?

Come on, you came to a conclusion from some random videos shot by TV camera personnel?

What makes you comment that Arjun is slower and AK is faster in the desert? from the videos?

Come on, you came to a conclusion from some random videos shot by TV camera personnel?

Go to youtube or google video, search Arjun videos and post one where you see Arjun sprinting through the desert since i didnt see a single one. I did not conclude it being slow in desert and please do not be so pessimist and try to force words in my mouth.

Back
Top Bottom