What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

^^ Dude, by a cash-strapped tiny country as our military benchmark, I think he was talking about Pakistan because I don't think we'd be comparing with ourselves if we read his comment grammatically.

I rather sense some humor in your post than anything of credibility.
That very poor country you are talking about spends over $34 billion annually on its defence forces.And spends over a billion on its strategic command.And that pity DRDO you are talking about spends nearly 12000 crore rupees on development of new technologies.

I agree withyou on one thing. On a comparison scale Indian falls behind many mamoths like US,Russia,UK,France,. but nevertheless it lagged behind too much.
that very same Arjun you are talking about is already in production and improved variant will go into production soon.Same happened to the lightest of all combat aircrafts LCA.Deal has been signed with GE for 99 engines, not for the sake of storing them in the warehouse,but to power the next 99 MKII a/c.
Unfortunately even critics appreciated Akash(one under long time development program)about its robustness and kill probablity.Which further got over $10 billion orders.
All you can brag about DRDO failures is a Trishul TD program.Even the tech developed for Trishul is going into Maitri(hence not a waste of money and time)
Every paisa spent by DRDO was utilised properly and will be used to spearhead the increase in indigenisation content.

Sometime an unresearched subject is not worth to argue about.Maybe you should better comeout with a subject that was well researched by you.

my frind first im talking abt Pakistan READ the bold part again and then babble (heck a kid can understand what i said) second i have been on this forum and known more than u think i know where arjun sands and where Lca stand i mean no dis respect for the projecg but u r one of those steriotype indians u just beleave all pakis are bad and so that gives u the licence to babble stupid bulls**t ....go lern english if u cant understand what i said or ask a more intelligent indian member to read it for u

^^ Dude, by a cash-strapped tiny country as our military benchmark, I think he was talking about Pakistan because I don't think we'd be comparing with ourselves if we read his comment grammatically.
thank god some one can read on this forum
and not trying to heat up the conversation but VS and comparisons r the worst of trolling avoide it every one

Instead of talking on topic, i see plenty of hatred and humiliating comments generalizing all Pakistanis even from Omega to whom i thought was more sensible! Then Indians complain they do not get a fair chance to comment on this forum!

You must be kidding right...You are comparing a 40t tank with a 60t class of tank. Dont know the advantages of a rifled bore over smooth bore, The power powered for avionics by the engine, the ground pressure, ease of maintainance, armour thickness.

Please dont compare Arjun with Al-Khald. You can compare Al-khalid with the modernized T 72s and the earlier T 90s but comparing it with Arjun is Futile...

Excellent post! I will inform Pak Army officials about this so they abandon AK project and replace them with t72s, along with T-80ud for future. :D

tell me what do you folks think about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Instead of talking on topic, i see plenty of hatred and humiliating comments generalizing all Pakistanis even from Omega to whom i thought was more sensible! Then Indians complain they do not get a fair chance to comment on this forum!

That's nothing new.. I learned it the hard way..
That its kosher for Indians online to critique everything Pakistani using all possible derogatory, demeaning and cynical terms..
whilst even a little constructive.. amiable suggestion on an Indian topic by a Pakistan is nothing short of blasphemy.
God knows what social virus makes that happen.. still, dont lose hope.. there are more saner people amongst them than the cynical , sarcastic creeps that spare no chance to ruin a discussion just to appease their tiny ego's.

155841_119075245_10shze1.jpg

this is alkhalid , not the alkhalid1,2

do you guys have any such stats poster , it would save me time gowing through the spams in this thread

Something sophisticated in AK and AK-1, absent from t-72 upgraded and t-90S,Israeli bms likely to be present in t-90M

Integrated Battle Field Management System (IBMS)
Manufacturer : GIDS/IDS
Detail

Integrated Battlefield Management System(IBMS) is designed for the operations of amour units in the field to meet the requirements of future battlefield. The user- friendly system provides battlefield awareness through comprehensive land navigation system based on GPS and digitized maps. It enables commanders in mission planning, modification and dissemination of plans, monitoring of battlefield at tactical and operational level, through safe and secure radio network. It facilitates integration of external sensors for data/information acquisition and showing it within the scope of C4I environments. IBMS also facilitates commanders in remote firing of AAMG by auto tracking the aerial and ground targets from inside the tank.

* Safe and secure information sharing through ad hoc networking of radios
* Remote operation of 12.7mm aamg from inside the tank
* Driver panel to facilitate driver to follow the correct route with the help of directional bars
* Auto target tracking for arial and ground targets
* Laser target indication to indicate location of the hostile elements and its engagement
* Rugged hardware to work in harsh environmental conditions based on military specifications

::GLOBAL INDUSTRIAL AND DEFENCE SOLUTIONS ::

Arjun MK1 already proved its worth when it defeated T90 in trials MK2 is just going to be a even stronger beast with more teeth the reasons from IA not wanting a lot of arjuns IMO are probably because of high cost (1 arjun costs over 3 million USD) or because of corruption (IA officers love kick backs e.g Bofors Scandal)

Arjun MK1 already proved its worth when it defeated T90 in trials MK2 is just going to be a even stronger beast with more teeth the reasons from IA not wanting a lot of arjuns IMO are probably because of high cost (1 arjun costs over 3 million USD) or because of corruption (IA officers love kick backs e.g Bofors Scandal)

Was not Arjun meant to be better than t-90 from its inception? No big deal if it defeated t-90S eventually, after so many years and budget over drafts. It is expensive for sure therefore numbers might be less. 3 million is for t-90S my friend not for Arjun. It must be around or just above 4 mil. I am sure Indian Army will find it hard to test it against the t-90M vladimir when it is inducted in IA. T-90 was meant to counter t-80ud and not Alkhalids. Same is the case with Arjun and t-90m that are meant for AK-1 and AK-2 soon.

Was not Arjun meant to be better than t-90 from its inception? No big deal if it defeated t-90S eventually, after so many years and budget over drafts. It is expensive for sure therefore numbers might be less. 3 million is for t-90S my friend not for Arjun. It must be around or just above 4 mil. I am sure Indian Army will find it hard to test it against the t-90M vladimir when it is inducted in IA. T-90 was meant to counter t-80ud and not Alkhalids. Same is the case with Arjun and t-90m that are meant for AK-1 and AK-2 soon.

Arjun is meant to replace ancient T55 T72 and Vijayanta Tanks it was delayed no doubt about that but the DRDO hard work paid off and they made it into a beast the reasons for buying T90 like you said was to counter T80ud not to counter Al Khalid we are upgrading some of the T72 to be able to serve for a couple more years so i guess the upgraded T72 can counter the Al Khalid

T90 per unit cost is 2.77-4.4 million USD depending on the variant

Arjun per unit cost is 3.8 million USD

Back
Top Bottom