What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

Whoa Whoa WHOA.

First.. he said the Arjun was slow.. compared to its contemporaries.. the closest being in the vicinity.. i.e AK.
Why is it slow? is it slow because of the AK.. or is it slow because of its design??
herein lies the perception of the post.

The first question will be ' is it slow?'

I don't have data for Arjun Mk 2 or Al Khalid 2. But when you compare speeds of the first version Arjun is no way slow (Please share contradicting data if anyone has one)

Al Khalid: Maximum speed of 70 km/h
Arjun Tank:Speed 72 km/h (45 mph) Road 40 km/h (25 mph) Cross country
T 90: 60–65 km/h (37–40 mph) (depending on type of engine)

Arjun Mk2 is supposed to have missile launching capabilities. Might be possible tht the added modification may have altered the mobility specs.

Does it really matters if Pakistanis think Pakistan has the better tanks here?

Because India has the best anti-tank missile in the World. :D

Javelin

I don't think IA has Javelin atgm.And how did you come to the conclution that javelin is best atgm??

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa Whoa WHOA.

First.. he said the Arjun was slow.. compared to its contemporaries.. the closest being in the vicinity.. i.e AK.
Why is it slow? is it slow because of the AK.. or is it slow because of its design??
herein lies the perception of the post.

That is what my question to him.. what is motive?.. To your reply.. check the comparison chart few pages back.. you can assume which is slow and which is not

That is what my question to him.. what is motive?.. To your reply.. check the comparison chart few pages back.. you can assume which is slow and which is not

Why must the motive always be sinister??
Another Indian member in the not so uncommon cynical tone assumed due to his paranoia that my interest in the IA's aviation arm must be some form of attempt to belittle India.

Why must the motive always be sinister??
Another Indian member in the not so uncommon cynical tone assumed due to his paranoia that my interest in the IA's aviation arm must be some form of attempt to belittle India.

Rule of thumb for this forum: The motive is always sinister.

Rule of thumb for such a reply..

beware of the ISI!.

Are you saying here, in my house in southern England the ISI can do anything to me? They can harm me? Please, they don't have that kind of reach, don't talk nonsense.

Are you saying here, in my house in southern England the ISI can do anything to me? They can harm me? Please, they don't have that kind of reach, don't talk nonsense.

They could be in your closet.. under the bed maybe.

I don't think IA has Javelin atgm.And how did you come to the conclution that javelin is best atgm??

India is purchasing Javelin. Using a mobile. So cant give you link. But yeah it is published in Livefist.blogspot.com by shiv aroor.

You guys should ask about the fiasco Israel had bidding for Turkey's tank contract.

Back
Top Bottom