What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

If you get hurt by these provocations, then you don't belong to PDF, no not any defense forum.

Read my post again.I did not get hurt.It was nabil bhai who got hurt by my coments.
REGARDS....

It is not a matter whether i or anyone got hurt, as a rule of thumb, it should be understandable. A civil debate must remain civil no matter how many opposing opinions are presented. Nationality and religion must always be kept aside from such issues. I never thought i would have to say this here, move on.

Ultimately nabil what are you trying to prove? Alkhalid-2 is better than Arjun?...

Why did that even come to your head?
Is that natural?
Is it necessarily for you guys to have a X > Y and where hopefully X is Indian all the time??

Is Arjun a sacred cow or something that we Pakistani's on a PAKISTANI forum cant say anything about it??
Hmm?
What is the problem here?..

Is that natural?
Is it necessarily for you guys to have a X > Y and where hopefully X is Indian all the time??

Is Arjun a sacred cow or something that we Pakistani's on a PAKISTANI forum cant say anything about it??
Hmm?

it was pakistanis who started comparing pakistani(chinese) tanks with Arjun MK II ... no indian was interested in doing that ...

so if pakistanis think that a Type 90 chinese modified can beat a heavier Tank with best electronic suit and better armaments and Armour than
thr doubt should be cleared .....

in future doctrines Indian Army will start using combat coppers like ... LCH. Apache... Dhruve WSI with Tank columns ... IN LARGE NUMBERS ... which pakistani wont never be able to match .... so this is wat is going to happen ... Al Khalids will be taken out before they come face to face with Arjun MkII...

Is that natural?

Hmm?

Nabil started with a neutral thing.. went to say Arjun is slow.. Alkhalid can penetrate Arjun.. etc etc.. We have full confidence on T-90 forget Arjun.. it is a next level lead.. which will be the platform for FMBT.. there problem is simple... Alkhalid can try to match the might of T-90.. it will take lot of time to defeat Arjun.. Arjun is tested with fire power on point blank range from T-72 and T-90..

Three year old but still relevant...

NEW DELHI: A war has erupted in the Indian defence establishment over the indigenous Arjun main-battle tank (MBT), once again. After Army made it quite clear it did not want more than the 124 Arjuns already ordered, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has fired a retaliatory salvo.

Seeking the government's intervention to ensure "indigenous efforts" are "appropriately rewarded", DRDO says Army should order a minimum of 500 Arjuns to stabilise production lines and pave the way for the development of a "futuristic" MBT.

"We are working on the development of a futuristic Mark-II MBT with suitable technological upgrades, which can be introduced later after the completion of production of at least 500 Arjuns of the present version," said a DRDO official.

Nothing doing, responds Army. "Our requirement for 1,781 MBTs to replace the older T-55 and T-72 tanks will be met through the progressive induction of 1,657 Russian-origin T-90S tanks and 124 Arjuns," said a senior officer.

After getting 310 T-90S tanks for over Rs 3,625 crore under a February 2001 contract, India signed a Rs 4,900 crore deal with Russia last November to import another 347 T-90S tanks. The Avadi Heavy Vehicles Factory, in turn, has also begun the licensed manufacture of another 1,000 T-90S tanks.

Moreover, the ongoing upgradation of 692 T-72 tanks to "combat-improved Ajeya standards", of which 415 have already been delivered, will add more punch to India's armoured might.

"So, we have already catered for adequate numbers. We are now looking 20 years ahead and want DRDO to come up with a next-generation MBT. We are not against indigenous efforts...let DRDO make something better," said the officer.

DRDO, however, is crying foul over moves to demand "higher performance" from the 58.5-tonne Arjuns, which are "superior" to even the 46.5-tonne T-90s in some respects like its "excellent weight-to-power ratio and very accurate firepower on the move".

With 64 of the 124 Arjuns already ready for delivery, DRDO holds that the Army is shying away from "comparative trials" between them and the T-90S tanks, which interestingly enough have been christened "Bhishma".

While acknowledging that the Arjun project was sanctioned as far back as in 1974 at a cost of Rs 15.50 crore, which zoomed up to Rs 300 crore by 1995, DRDO says one of the main reasons for the delay was the frequently changing "qualitative requirements" of the Army.

DRDO tries to ram Arjun tanks down Army throat - The Times of India
bro i am new to this forum but i must tell you that in 3 years indian defence has changed a lot arjun is a real jewel as it is not a licensed production (ak,t90, etc) and by all means uses the best tech you can say why it was delayed because the army was confident that they can take those chinese t90 ii also called as ak by there t 72 and your t80ud by t 90s (as it happened in geogian war) but due to change in indian doctrine (cold start and quick reply) they now want some spearheads also to follow international ethics in tank command management (as china keep their type 99 in small no. and type96 in large) in todays wars the battle was done through missile guided or unguided and the reflek which ak can fire is also with india in addition lahat and nag as far as the speed of ak is concerned it is due to the turbine engine and reduced wt of 48t at the cost of excess fuel

Forget about the Arjuns.Now the licence produced T90M is fitted with Kanchan armour because IA rejected the russian.That alone proves that how capable this armor is.Besides new T 90Ms will be equipped with the Relict ERA that can defeat even L55 rounds and the LEDs 150 APS.So the AK and AK I will get a hard time to deal with this T 90'M' tanks,let alone Arjun mk2.
REGARDS....

Forget about the Arjuns.Now the licence produced T90M is fitted with Kanchan armour because IA rejected the russian.That alone proves that how capable this armor is.Besides new T 90Ms will be equipped with the Relict ERA that can defeat even L55 rounds and the LEDs 150 APS.So the AK and AK I will get a hard time to deal with this T 90'M' tanks,let alone Arjun mk2.
REGARDS....
well is that only planned or is that going on???? is kanchan on the new t90m from avadi

well is that only planned or is that going on???? is kanchan on the new t90m from avadi

It is not just planned,it's happening.You can search google for details.Russian armor is weak at best and crappy at worst.T 90 can't even withstand a single hit from RPG7.On the other hand Kanchan armor was able to defeat even Konkurs M and KornetE ATGMs as well as 125 IMI shots and ARDE mk2 125 mm rounds from 2A46M3 L52 guns of T90S from a mere few hundred meter distance.

Nabil started with a neutral thing.. went to say Arjun is slow.. Alkhalid can penetrate Arjun.. etc etc.. We have full confidence on T-90 forget Arjun.. it is a next level lead.. which will be the platform for FMBT.. there problem is simple... Alkhalid can try to match the might of T-90.. it will take lot of time to defeat Arjun.. Arjun is tested with fire power on point blank range from T-72 and T-90..

Whoa Whoa WHOA.

First.. he said the Arjun was slow.. compared to its contemporaries.. the closest being in the vicinity.. i.e AK.
Why is it slow? is it slow because of the AK.. or is it slow because of its design??
herein lies the perception of the post.

Whoa Whoa WHOA.

First.. he said the Arjun was slow.. compared to its contemporaries.. the closest being in the vicinity.. i.e AK.
Why is it slow? is it slow because of the AK.. or is it slow because of its design??
herein lies the perception of the post.

The first question will be ' is it slow?'

Does it really matters if Pakistanis think Pakistan has the better tanks here?

Because India has the best anti-tank missile in the World. :D

Javelin

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom