What's new

Arjun Mark II : An Israeli View [ Must Read ]

Did you even read the thread? Or did you just read the words Israel and Tanks and decided to quip in? No one is worshiping anyone here.
Oh I read it. Israelis are really not tough to impress, given that Turkey episode.

As per my info... there are no drastic changes in the structure of MK II.

It is not just planned,it's happening.You can search google for details.Russian armor is weak at best and crappy at worst.T 90 can't even withstand a single hit from RPG7.On the other hand Kanchan armor was able to defeat even Konkurs M and KornetE ATGMs as well as 125 IMI shots and ARDE mk2 125 mm rounds from 2A46M3 L52 guns of T90S from a mere few hundred meter distance.
i disagree with you in recent 1999 Chechen invasion of Dagestan conflict it was reported that a t90 sustained 7 or 9 rpg and remained in running cond. the sheer performance only tempted russians to make t90 their lead mbt that the t80 whose logistic support is very heavy to keep the era (Kontakt-5’ ) on our t90s is not that bad still if they are changing it with kanchan then it must be something thaanks in advance but can you tell me what happened to the originally planned kaktus

i disagree with you in recent 1999 Chechen invasion of Dagestan conflict it was reported that a t90 sustained 7 or 9 rpg and remained in running cond. the sheer performance only tempted russians to make t90 their lead mbt that the t80 whose logistic support is very heavy to keep the era (Kontakt-5’ ) on our t90s is not that bad still if they are changing it with kanchan then it must be something thaanks in advance but can you tell me what happened to the originally planned kaktus

The russian T90 only survived due to the Kontact5 heavy ERA,which can even defeat earlier generation DU rounds.The original armor of T90 is weak without the Kontact 5.Relict/Kaktus is a stronger ERA which will be used in both Indian and Russian T 90M tanks.On the other hand Kanchan is not ERA but composite armor of Arjun tank made with extencive quantity of carbon composite,glass fibers,tungsten steel and ceramic tiles that can withstand both multiple FSAPDS rounds as well as heavy atgm heat warheads which are much better than RPG7.You can search google image for Kanchan armor where is a picture of a block which defeated six 125mm IMI FSAPDS shots from a 2A46M3 L52 gun of a T 90S at point blank range without any great damage,that too in 2001.Even this armor is not used in Arjun mk1.The latest armor is said to be able to defeat even KornetE atgm.That's the quality of Kanchan armor.
REGARDS....

The russian T90 only survived due to the Kontact5 heavy ERA,which can even defeat earlier generation DU rounds.The original armor of T90 is weak without the Kontact 5.Relict/Kaktus is a stronger ERA which will be used in both Indian and Russian T 90M tanks.On the other hand Kanchan is not ERA but composite armor of Arjun tank made with extencive quantity of carbon composite,glass fibers,tungsten steel and ceramic tiles that can withstand both multiple FSAPDS rounds as well as heavy atgm heat warheads which are much better than RPG7.You can search google image for Kanchan armor where is a picture of a block which defeated six 125mm IMI FSAPDS shots from a 2A46M3 L52 gun of a T 90S at point blank range without any great damage,that too in 2001.Even this armor is not used in Arjun mk1.The latest armor is said to be able to defeat even KornetE atgm.That's the quality of Kanchan armor.
REGARDS....

Its T-72 if I remember.. the funniest part is , army double checked the round whether Russia supplied training round mistakenly.

Its T-72 if I remember.. the funniest part is , army double checked the round whether Russia supplied training round mistakenly.

I know about the T 72M1 and 106mm RCL gun incident but that was in late 80's.The picture on google is from 2001 if I correctly remember.This time new IMI 125mm rounds and ARDE mk2 rounds(both are far superior to the older 125 mm russian rounds)were tested from a 2A46M3 of
T 90S against new version of Kanchan armor which it easily defeated.
REGARDS....

Sorry for a very very late reply..

@ ironman...

I didn't know that DRDO guys invented time machine before Arjun project to know about T-90.

* So according to you they never improvised throughout the project timeline? Current specifications are from the 70s when the project began? Very wise!

Tell me how you find out Arjun is engineered to defeat T-90 ?

Let we compare it fairly ? How many years taken to produce Type-90 ? ..the budget ? ... reasons for rejection ?... at least the cost ??

* AK project began in 1990-91, took 10 years from type-90 to AK, budget is 20 mil from Pakistani side to convert type 90 into AK, project named in Pakistan as P-90. China did not want a light version for obvious reasons and went for heavier variant, type-98, 99, what is mutual here is the fact that both AK and type-99 share the same mbt as the base, that is type-90. It is just a matter of priority, we took the route to make it into AK, they made it into t-99, simple. Google it.

And you are comparing Arjun, a project made from scratch to already developed Type-90 which carries a legacy of Soviet T-54>Type-59 >Type-69>Type-79>Type-80>Type-85>Type-88>Type-90..

My friend, I will not blame you .. may be you are not from the engineering background but at-least try to understand the complexity around R&D while start from scratch... look at Turkey.. they are making a new tank... what they are following .. a joint partner OR technology provider. What is your best guess how much of assistance will they get from South Korea on percentage wise .. Mine is .. between 60 to 70. and their set goal is 2017 very much possible by that assistance.

This is what exactly done by Pakistan with China . You didn't designed the basic structure but just tweaked with better components according to your specification and that took 10 years. Now look the difference.

I know about the T 72M1 and 106mm RCL gun incident but that was in late 80's.The picture on google is from 2001 if I correctly remember.This time new IMI 125mm rounds and ARDE mk2 rounds(both are far superior to the older 125 mm russian rounds)were tested from a 2A46M3 of
T 90S against new version of Kanchan armor which it easily defeated.
REGARDS....

If it is from 2001, the first batch of T-90 arrived in India is November 2001.. thats why I doubted... anyhow thanks for the information.

Sorry for a very very late reply..

Tell me how you find out Arjun is engineered to defeat T-90 ?

And you are comparing Arjun, a project made from scratch to already developed Type-90 which carries a legacy of Soviet T-54>Type-59 >Type-69>Type-79>Type-80>Type-85>Type-88>Type-90..

My friend, I will not blame you .. may be you are not from the engineering background but at-least try to understand the complexity around R&D while start from scratch... look at Turkey.. they are making a new tank... what they are following .. a joint partner OR technology provider. What is your best guess how much of assistance will they get from South Korea on percentage wise .. Mine is .. between 60 to 70. and their set goal is 2017 very much possible by that assistance.

This is what exactly done by Pakistan with China . You didn't designed the basic structure but just tweaked with better components according to your specification and that took 10 years. Now look the difference.

Thats all fine and dandy..

But if the tweak works.. and costs 1/10th of a scratch project.. and still has room for growth..
whats the smarter move?

Back
Top Bottom