What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

Wow, you have become nice and civilized. Hope you are doing better now. :)
Found your other posts for @GURU DUTT in a different thread. Was surprised to see your response.

Thanks dude.I always respect people/members who speak sense.But look at his posts,I asked him a few question so as to amplify his opinion.But look at how he answered them.
Now I don't mind swearing,or if someone calls me a dumbo,or an idiot or a moron or whatever as long as he's delivering a logical reply,but just take a look at his replies for once.Clearly and evidently he didn't have the slightest idea about even the most basic and rudimentary aspects of the respective topic,yet he had been so quick deliver his "expert" opinion as if he was the sole authority on that subject.
Sorry to say but my capacity for intake of such nonsense is rather limited.

Last edited:
arjunmk2er.png

^^^Screenshot from an Arjun MK2 Documentary showing front and turret ERA.

I would like to ask a question posed to our Indian friends, concerning the Arjun tank. Currently there are few MBTs developed with Hydropneumatic suspension Arjun being one of them, and since Altay will soon join the fray, I was wondering what is the performance like on the Arjun tank. Has there been any incidents concerning the suspension, is it seen as superior to the torsion bar setup that T-90 tanks have?

The tiles on the glacis plates are not ERA,those are NERA tiles.

The guy told ERA though:p

I would like to ask a question posed to our Indian friends, concerning the Arjun tank. Currently there are few MBTs developed with Hydropneumatic suspension Arjun being one of them, and since Altay will soon join the fray, I was wondering what is the performance like on the Arjun tank. Has there been any incidents concerning the suspension, is it seen as superior to the torsion bar setup that T-90 tanks have?

There has been no issues to my knowledge,the Hydropneumatic suspension was praised for giving Arjun better stability,accuracy,and crew comfort etc.

There has been no issues to my knowledge,the Hydropneumatic suspension was praised for giving Arjun better stability,accuracy,and crew comfort etc.

Hm,"the guy" probably doesn't even know the difference between the butt end and business end of a rifle for all we know.It was posted in detail in a DRDO tech focus,that particular issue dealt with various vehicular armor modules,new types of hardened materials and passive dynamic armor.

Check this out.Courtesy @Gessler.

i.imgur.com/z0lhb3v.jpg

Hm,"the guy" probably doesn't even know the difference between the butt end and business end of a rifle for all we know.It was posted in detail in a DRDO tech focus,that particular issue dealt with various vehicular armor modules,new types of hardened materials and passive dynamic armor.

Check this out.Courtesy @Gessler.

i.imgur.com/z0lhb3v.jpg

By "the guy" I didn't mean the anchor,but the DRDO guy,who is in Design and Devolopment.But yeah, he wouldn't have bothered to specify if its NERA or ERA :-)

Yes, They are better than Torsion Bar Suspension..........But Difficult and Costly to maintain. I think this issue will be reduced with time and exp.

Yes, They are better than Torsion Bar Suspension..........But Difficult and Costly to maintain. I think this issue will be reduced with time and exp.

in some cases, torsion bars provide better results, ask germans why they prefer it on leo-2 series instead of hydrogas suspension. there is no rule of thumb, it comes down to terrain, maintenance and requirement for either system. modren torsion bars are a generation ahead than the old versions.

The tiles on the glacis plates are not ERA,those are NERA tiles.

just a copy of russian kontakt 5 ERA

in some cases, torsion bars provide better results, ask germans why they prefer it on leo-2 series instead of hydrogas suspension. there is no rule of thumb, it comes down to terrain, maintenance and requirement for either system. modren torsion bars are a generation ahead than the old versions.

just a copy of russian kontakt 5 ERA

Those are very tall claims you are making without any Proof.

you dont need proof for the obvious. its k-5 copy, still an improvement for earlier k-1 copy as fitted to ajaya series.

which one? google leo 2 suapension and have a good read on german torsion bars.

mullas and proof dont go hand in hand.
post reported, be careful next time while commenting.

you dont need proof for the obvious. its k-5 copy, still an improvement for earlier k-1 copy as fitted to ajaya series.

which one? google leo 2 suapension and have a good read on german torsion bars.

post reported, be careful next time while commenting.

How is it obvious?
I don't know if you are talking about the the Glacis plate or the turret face but it has clearly been said that a honeycomb fashioned Non-Energetic Reactive Armour (NERA) is used in Arjun Mk2 and not ERA like the kontakt 5, the only similarity I see is the design of the kontakt 5 and the one on the arjun's turret face.

just a copy of russian Kontakt 5 ERA

If......a big if, you could shed this "foot in the mouth and head in the you know where" syndrome of yours,you could actually make a pretty good person to debate with,really.

How do you know that the plates on the glacis are copy of Kontakt 5??Did the CVRDE chief personally briefed you??Or you are shooting blind from the hip as you do most of the times??

Do you even think before you speak??Do you even no that there are official evidence to support my claim??!!Of course not,you would never even try to find them rather than throwing facts from your behind.Because that's the easier thing to do rather than try searching the net for the relevant information,ain't it??

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom