What's new

Arjun-II MBT development l Updates & discussion.

may be the person who twitted this dont know that air lifting capability of IAF is already good enough, i am surprised .... Arjun cant be airlifted! 1 word "C17" that too 11 of them,
also i will like to add arjun was made for border with rajasthan and punjab

Can the C-17 lift a Arjun? Has it even been tested?

sir i am surprised, you dont know airlift capability of C17, and pleas remember arjun tank was never made for high altitude warfare, it was made for deserts of rajasthan (india pak international border )

sir i am surprised, you dont know airlift capability of C17, and pleas remember arjun tank was never made for high altitude warfare, it was made for deserts of rajasthan (india pak international border )

Why are you surprised? It's not just a matter of weight, its aircraft structure, centre of gravity and dimensions that are also taken into account and may not be suitable for C-17 carriage. So no need to be "surprised".

Also IAF has only 10 C-17s, assume only 6-7 available, then you can move two troops of tanks in one go.

This is not war winning capabilities but rather just a good PR stunt.

Forget C-17, they should worry about bridges and culverts.

" A key concern that has hounded the Arjun tank project is the overall weight of the vehicle. At a whopping 68 tonnes, the Arjun Mk-1A is no spring chicken, a worry for the Army which needs to deploy the tank over existing culverts and bridges, many of which were not designed to carry their weight. And with the new modifications sought by the Army, the MK-1A is even heavier than the original variant. "

But the day for tanks like Arjun may be numbered. Tanks are obsolete in modern warfare as amply demonstrated in recent conflicts.

Last edited:
Not sure if shared but a good addition to the sticky thread
7500 Km of testing is just insane(~200 Hrs of Engine run time)
For reference the V-92S2 powering the Bhishma has a total life of 650 Hrs

Hello! Is there any information about the full combat weight of Arjun and Arjun Mk2? I saw few statements, like 60 tons, 62 tons, 65 tons and 70 (?!) tons?

20221012_212144.jpg

The relative size in comparison to Gypsy in background.

The system is named Titan. Can be armed with various types of payload.

20221012_212144.jpg

The relative size in comparison to Gypsy in background.

The system is named Titan. Can be armed with various types of payload.

This is another one which was tested. Its slightly bigger. Compare the size from the T90 following it.

20221012_212857.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom