What's new

Argentina reveals talks with India on Tejas

NEZ is classified. Though the max range of the pl15E is 145km. Pl10E being a HOBS missile with a 20km range.

Tejas is the lacking option here. Shorter range weaponry, lack of anti shipping weaponry, selling price is higher, ans on top of that its not a proven platform. It hasnt seen combat, hasnt been flown that much, hasnt been exported. Customers need confidence in what they are buying. Tejas doesnt offer any confidence.
So because the range is 145 Km, so that's why it's a superior BVRAAM than the rest? :-)

and here is Python-5
1637916404154.png

I dont know how people think PL-10E offer some superior capability.

As for anti-ship, Kh-35 was already integrated on LCA Navy, and planned to integrate BrahMos NG.
Yes...of course...if China spends billions in researching and developing weapons...
...they end up with crap.

If India spends money to do research they end up with hyper advanced futuristic physics defying weapons...
...this can only mean one thing...only Indians have a brain...while the rest of humans are born without one.

Either that...or u r just coping hard by making claims out of thin air about some weapon(PL15 in this case) being junk...just bcuz it belongs to the enemy and they chose to keep its performance a secret.
Where I am claiming those are crap,,, instead you guys are suggesting these weapons capability and envelope is far greater. I am just asking, how?

So because the range is 145 Km, so that's why it's a superior BVRAAM than the rest? :-)

and here is Python-5
View attachment 796686

As for anti-ship, Kh-35 was already integrated on LCA Navy, and planned to integrate BrahMos NG.
The only thing we know about the pl15e is the fact that it has superior range to anything on your tejas. Kinematics and everything else is classified.

Python 5, what about it? Its a HOBS missile. Like the pl10E. I dont understand what you are trying to get at but ok.

Also the kh35 (130km range, 0.8 mach) is less capable than the c802a (180km range, 0.8 - 0.9 mach) and way inferior to the cm400akg (250km+ range, mach 4+) which follows a quasi ballistic path. Brahmos lmao. You mean the discount p800 onyx? Lol

The only thing we know about the pl15e is the fact that it has superior range to anything on your tejas. Kinematics and everything else is classified.

Python 5, what about it? Its a HOBS missile. Like the pl10E. I dont understand what you are trying to get at but ok.

Also the kh35 (130km range, 0.8 mach) is less capable than the c802a (180km range, 0.8 - 0.9 mach) and way inferior to the cm400akg (250km+ range, mach 4+) which follows a quasi ballistic path. Brahmos lmao. You mean the discount p800 onyx? Lol
Even the Astra they love to show off isn’t in service yet, nor will it’s range parameters be anywhere near what they quote, because the range figure for missiles is meaningless. It can change by over 80% for any missile based on the launch parameters.
There’s many other factors that go into making a good missile, stuff which China perfected years ago. Now imagine If instead of the export versions Pakistan Got the PLAAF versions (totally possible given the relation between the two), because ever since China unveiled the export versions, the argument I’ve seen from the other side of the border is that Pakistan will get these “Downgraded versions”. I honestly don’t think the export versions are really that downgraded anyways.

Last edited:

and here is Python-5
View attachment 796686

Where I am claiming those are crap,,, instead you guys are suggesting these weapons capability and envelope is far greater. I am just asking, how?
That's like saying F22 has no stealth just bcuz US never disclosed its true RCS.

Considering that PL15 is the latest PLAAF has...it's utterly stupid to think that they would just lay everything out...and even more stupid to think that it must not be up to par...just bcuz not everything was disclosed.

By calling the PL15 into question(on account of not everything being disclosed about it)...u r implying the following...
- China spent a ton of money to develop a dud.
- Then they spent more money to roll it into production and induct such a dud missile.
- US is clueless when its raising alarm bells against China's PL15 bcuz clearly according to some random Indian on the internet...it's obviously a dud.

Last edited:

$43 million says Ajay Shukla :cheers:
Link already in this thread. Considering same story has been printed in 3-4 news outlets i call that propoganda for public consumption to build a narative like what you are trying to do now. There are new reports going back all the way to 2016 which mention price tag around 70-80 milllion.
E74C2E70-3D09-4FEF-84DB-6A5A783C25E5.jpeg
here is the link to another new aeticle that mentions 83MK1A to be procured at cost of 45696 crore or 73 million per fighter.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...f-rs-45-696-crore-for-air-force-2351976/amp/1

Suddenly news articles pop up in 4 different articles mentioning word to word the same 41 million tag. Please take this hog wash somewhere else. Ajay Shukla is a massive Hindutva mouth piece and a known liar.

Last edited:
Link already in this thread. Considering same story has been printed in 3-4 news outlets i call that propoganda for public consumption to build a narative like what you are trying to do now. There are new reports going back all the way to 2016 which mention price tag around 70-80 milllion.
View attachment 796911here is the link to another new aeticle that mentions 83MK1A to be procured at cost of 45696 crore or 73 million per fighter.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...f-rs-45-696-crore-for-air-force-2351976/amp/1

Suddenly news articles pop up in 4 different articles mentioning word to word the same 41 million tag. Please take this hog wash somewhere else. Ajay Shukla is a massive Hindutva mouth piece and a known liar.
Propaganda where?!! This is a random message board and we are random individuals surfing the web. Neither of us matter enough to run a propaganda campaign. You guys were talking about the export price of Tejas and I just shared what I had read. Ultimately, the real price per aircraft will be negotiated between buyer and seller.

Don't take message board comments seriously!

With usa engine argentina dont buy them everything has to be changed it will be costly which argentina cant afforf
Russian checkmate suits them

Even the Astra they love to show off isn’t in service yet, nor will it’s range parameters be anywhere near what they quote, because the range figure for missiles is meaningless. It can change by over 80% for any missile based on the launch parameters.
There’s many other factors that go into making a good missile, stuff which China perfected years ago. Now imagine If instead of the export versions Pakistan Got the PLAAF versions (totally possible given the relation between the two), because ever since China unveiled the export versions, the argument I’ve seen from the other side of the border is that Pakistan will get these “Downgraded versions”. I honestly don’t think the export versions are really that downgraded anyways.

Pakistan will probably get whatever PLAAF has given the currently geopolitical environment. The Type-054P exported to Pakistan is actually superior to Type-054A currently operated in PLAN.

There is actually a Chinese academic article published in the Science and Technology&Innovation Journal on dual-pulsed engine missile simulations that could explain the 145KM range.

1637961740624.png

The table lists the maximum range of AAM depending on the duration of time that elapses between the two pulses of a dual-pulse rocket motor. Under the head-on condition (launch vehicle and target approaching head on at Mach 1.2, altitude 10KM), the maximum range occurs when there is a 30 second gap between firing. If the gap between firing is 0s, the head-on maximum range is -- SURPRISE -- 145KM. What do you call a dual-pulse rocket motor with no pause between firing? A plain old single-pulse rocket motor.

This pretty much confirmed my suspicion that PL-15E does not feature dual-pulse rocket motor.

View attachment 796911here is the link to another new aeticle that mentions 83MK1A to be procured at cost of 45696 crore or 73 million per fighter.

78.5 million for IAF
43 million for the argentine air force.

Does that make sense?

78.5 million for IAF
43 million for the argentine air force.

Does that make sense?

That is called narative building for social media consumption in order to hide a failure. Or second reason could be that Indians are willing to sell it even at a loss to deny sales of JF 17. Regardless price of Tejas is 70-80 million. An article posted in multiple news articles of indian media has all the marks for a propoganda piece. It serves one purpose only that is to provide fodder for internet trolls.

Last edited:
Propaganda where?!! This is a random message board and we are random individuals surfing the web. Neither of us matter enough to run a propaganda campaign. You guys were talking about the export price of Tejas and I just shared what I had read. Ultimately, the real price per aircraft will be negotiated between buyer and seller.

Don't take message board comments seriously!

I have been following tejas development for a while. Tejas mark 1 has price tag around 50 million. Now claiming that MK 1A is a cheap fighter is simply stupid bcz it is an expensive fighter by design as per requirements of IAF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom