What's new

Argentina reveals talks with India on Tejas

Pakistani fan boys should stop analyzing this news piece so much. After all the first question from you lot is: - can it fly? where is the tata truck?
4 pages? unbelievable!

78.5 million for IAF
43 million for the argentine air force.

Does that make sense?
It does. IAF has to pay a metric ton of taxes along side the aircraft that export customers don’t, kind of stupid. But even 43 million is overpriced for the aircraft, let alone 79 million.

It does. IAF has to pay a metric ton of taxes along side the aircraft that export customers don’t, kind of stupid. But even 43 million is overpriced for the aircraft, let alone 79 million.
No, I don't think the Finance ministry not going to ask GST (28%). I think that only happens if PMO intervenes, and asks the Finance ministry not to ask for taxes.

And that is only one part, the other charges are for spare parts, paying to ADA (as they hold IP), technical school (simulator), Ground support equipment etc.

• 1. Basic cost of 83 fighters : Rs 26,145 crore
  • 2. ADA consultancy charges : Rs 800 crore
  • 3. Maintenance running list of spares : Rs 8,000 crore
  • 4. Technical training schools : Rs 600 crore
  • 5. GSE/GHE : Rs 1,202 crore
  • 6. Central taxes : Rs 9,000 crore
  • TOTAL (about) : Rs 45,696 crore

I have been following tejas development for a while. Tejas mark 1 has price tag around 50 million. Now claiming that MK 1A is a cheap fighter is simply stupid bcz it is an expensive fighter by design as per requirements of IAF.
I don't know what you are following, but here is the quote

While the second contract for another 20 (16+4) LCA Mark I in FOC (combat ready) configuration (TEJAS-FOC) for the second IAF squadron worth Rs. 5,989 Crores was signed in December 2010, the FOC configuration was delayed due to a multitude of reasons which plagued the Program.
So the cost is around 295 crore of FOC.

And here is the flyaway cost of FOC

Last edited:
All joking aside, the quality/price of the aircraft and associated munitions is not the only metric in this deal. Before HAL made the offer, perhaps they should’ve asked themselves whether the Indian government is willing to match the economic investment China will make in Argentina.

All joking aside, the quality/price of the aircraft and associated munitions is not the only metric in this deal. Before HAL made the offer, perhaps they should’ve asked themselves whether the Indian government is willing to match the economic investment China will make in Argentina.
Just the helicopters sold to a certain South American country India must prepare for returns after any sales

Pakistani fan boys should stop analyzing this news piece so much. After all the first question from you lot is: - can it fly? where is the tata truck?
4 pages? unbelievable!
That is all they have, dont reply to such stupid posts.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom