What's new

Argentina reveals talks with India on Tejas

What India has now vs and what India is looking to offer...
1637753103249.png

So India is offering Tejas to Argentina which has an American engine, the most important component in the aircraft.
Guess what is stopping Argentinians going for a full bore American aircraft.

It is a risky bet for Argentina to rely on unproven promises from a first time exporter of fighter jets. I don't think this will good anywhere :undecided:

I don't know but is this the Indian attempt to preserve some national pride considering how its trolls have flooded the social media making content about how the LCA Tejas is so far ahead of the JF-17, only to see XYZ nations expressing interest in the JF-17 or placing orders ?
What else do you expect?
Tomorrow if Pakistan decides to offer the JF-17 to a F-35 prospect as a joke you will see the Indians trying to follow suit.
India can sweeten offer by offering Tejas tactics training.
I think Argentina has enough experience with being shot down with superior weapons and tactics but they were brave pilots and rarely made false claims - I don’t think anyone wants to learn how to make false claims and promote them.

I don't know but is this the Indian attempt to preserve some national pride considering how its trolls have flooded the social media making content about how the LCA Tejas is so far ahead of the JF-17, only to see XYZ nations expressing interest in the JF-17 or placing orders ?
long time no see. hope you are good and safe.

It is a risky bet for Argentina to rely on unproven promises from a first time exporter of fighter jets. I don't think this will good anywhere :undecided:

The bigger problem is foreign systems in that plane, which comes from UK or its allies who will not allow any fighter to Argentina.

The bigger problem is foreign systems in that plane, which comes from UK or its allies who will not allow any fighter to Argentina.
Even if the sub-systems don't come from their adversaries, a responsible country will think twice about this proposal. It can only be justified if the entire purchase is on favorable terms of monetary or trade credit.

Cost alone can knock out Tejas whose base cost is around 60 million. Imagine other cost being added which will further bloat its price to almost 80 million. Now compare that with 55 million for Thunders with maintenance costs included. Unless india has decided to provide Tejas at a loss then its an entirely different story. It is very much possible that India will lower tge cost of tejas to deny China/Pakistan deal for thunders.

Tejas has good chance as Argentine military loves Israeli weapons and would thus get the I-Derby-ER, Python V along with Tejas Mk1A

Tejas has good chance as Argentine military loves Israeli weapons and would thus get the I-Derby-ER, Python V along with Tejas Mk1A
Israel will supply weapons to anti UK country? UK would have no qualms about it?

Back
Top Bottom