What's new

Argentina Rejects American, Russian & Indian Jets Selects JF-17

This. Argentinian government has no money.
I agree, I feel like they’ve definitely picked the aircraft over the others, but there is a danger of them cancelling the order or their government not approving it. They really don’t have the money.

However since China is the one handling this deal, we may see some sort of funding or loans provided, as China usually does. For them it’s more than just about selling the aircraft, it’s about influence in the region, they will try not to miss the chance.

if true their loss! they dint get the most advance fighter jet in the world TEJAS!!!

India not only offers the jet but also TATA truck so the jet can move easy!
Yar India ko troll bad mein kar lena abi dua karo PAC ko order mil jae.
Should we expect increase in annual production capacity of JF17 in PAC?

Home Air Argentina to purchase JF-17 ‘Thunder’ jets from Pakistan

Argentina to purchase JF-17 ‘Thunder’ jets from Pakistan
By
George Allison
-
September 17,

Argentina intends to purchase 12 JF-17A Block III fighters from Pakistan according to a draft budget presented to the nations congress.
Open Source Intelligence account @PSFAERO uncovered the news earlier today. He tweeted the following:
“ARGENTINA SELECTS PAKISTAN’S THUNDER JET – The Government of Argentina has officially included $664 Million in funding for the purchase of 12 PAC JF-17A Block III fighters from Pakistan in a draft budget for 2022 presented to its Parliament.”

I agree, I feel like they’ve definitely picked the aircraft over the others, but there is a danger of them cancelling the order or their government not approving it. They really don’t have the money.

However since China is the one handling this deal, we may see some sort of funding or loans provided, as China usually does. For them it’s more than just about selling the aircraft, it’s about influence in the region, they will try not to miss the chance.
Magic word is ALLOCATES 664M......not requested or plans.

Argentina allocates 664M for JF-17 Block III purchase in FY2022

This is amazing news, if Iraq , Iran and Azerbaijan buy this too, we could possibly sell this to other countries. Think Malaysia May buy it as well.

k

Soy and beef for fighters

Argentina allocates 664M for JF-17 Block III purchase in FY2022

PorGASTÓN DUBOIS
-
16/09/2021
View attachment 778401

Yesterday, the draft budget for fiscal year 2022 was presented to the National Congress, which includes a request of US$ 664 million for the acquisition of JF-17 Thunder Block III fighters.

Thus, it is now clear which is the choice of the Argentine Air Force (FAA) for its next supersonic fighter, discarding the offers from Russia, USA and India.

JF-17 Block III presupuesto 2022

The budget requested would be enough for the purchase of 12 JF-17 Thunder in its latest and most modern standard, taking into account the rumored price of 50 million per unit (which the Government would have tried to lower). Also, within this U$S 664 million, 20 million are contemplated for the repair and modernization of the runways and infrastructure that would host the new aircrafts.

So far, this is the clearest sign in favor of the Chinese option, which evidences the Air Force’s firm intention to complete the purchase as soon as possible. However, no one can claim victory yet. Until the contract is signed and the first funds are disbursed, there may still be counter-offers from other countries.

JF-17 Block III
First prototype of the JF-17 Thunder Block III, the one that the Argentine Air Force desires.

And it should also be remembered that in 2015, during Agustín Rossi’s first term as Argentina’s Minister of Defense, a budget of U$D 360 million had been authorized for the purchase of 14 IAI Kfir, which was then frozen in view of the imminent change of government. And finally, the administration of President Mauricio Macri decided to dismiss the acquisition of the Israeli fighters.

Therefore, the presence of the Thunder in the 2022 budget should be taken only as a purchase intention (a serious and firm indication, that’s for sure), and not as a deal already closed. One cannot underestimate the current economic and political situation in the country, in which the incorporation of modern weapon systems may not be seen as a priority.

Pakistan is on the way to become Switzerland of East..

Why would Malaysians buy Chinese weapons when Chinese claim part of their territorial waters?

Why would Malaysians buy Chinese weapons when Chinese claim part of their territorial waters?
They won’t. I don’t have much hopes for JF-17 for Malaysia. Tejas has a small chance but only if India can replace its Israeli components in time, which I doubt. Imo FA-50 has the highest chance for Malaysia. The same version Iraq bought with American radars. Everyone in the region bought those and they have good relations with SK.

They won’t. I don’t have much hopes for JF-17 for Malaysia. Tejas has a small chance but only if India can replace its Israeli components in time, which I doubt. Imo FA-50 has the highest chance for Malaysia. The same version Iraq bought with American radars. Everyone in the region bought those and they have good relations with SK.
True that
The Chinese have pissed off a whole lot of countries
Countries that would have otherwise maintained a good relationship with them from Vietnam to Philippines

Dr Mahtir’s describes the Malaysian policy best they believe in talking and working with the Chinese to resolve issues and avoid unnecessarily antagonizing China which they see as a super power. Too that affect they have an inventory of f-18s, mig 29 and su-30 mkk . They will buy whatever meets their needs

k

You have misunderstood the relationship between China and Malaysia.
China and Malaysia do have disputes over some South China Sea Islands. However, China has never forced other countries with its national strength, but has been resolving disputes through negotiations.
Malaysia has very good relations with China. Malaysia is one of China's strongest supporters in ASEAN.
The four capital ships of the Malaysian Navy are purchased from China, and the Malaysian army also has a large number of Chinese weapons, such as their rockets gun.
True that
The Chinese have pissed off a whole lot of countries
Countries that would have otherwise maintained a good relationship with them from Vietnam to Philippines
As long as Vietnamese have a normal IQ, it is impossible to maintain good relations with China. Vietnam has too many Chinese descent and culture. If they are not anti China, they will soon lose their independence.
Filipinos do not like Chinese people, but they are not anti China. They are more afraid of being used by Americans. Every time ASEAN votes, the Philippines usually supports China.

Last edited:
ماشاءاللہ
This is such a good news.
I hope the spokesperson of Nerender Modi, Maryam Nawaz doesn't make an issue out of this too.

You have misunderstood the relationship between China and Malaysia.
China and Malaysia do have disputes over some South China Sea Islands. However, China has never forced other countries with its national strength, but has been resolving disputes through negotiations.
Malaysia has very good relations with China. Malaysia is one of China's strongest supporters in ASEAN.
The four capital ships of the Malaysian Navy are purchased from China, and the Malaysian army also has a large number of Chinese weapons, such as their rockets gun.

As long as Vietnamese have a normal IQ, it is impossible to maintain good relations with China. Vietnam has too many Chinese descent and culture. If they are not anti China, they will soon lose their independence.
Filipinos do not like Chinese people, but they are not anti China. They are more afraid of being used by Americans.
A good % of the Malaysian population are of the Chinese origin too! And, they're I think the most educated and wealthiest folks...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom