What's new

Argentina Rejects American, Russian & Indian Jets Selects JF-17

Surprise surprise

So glad to read this news. I thought PAF will be the only Operator with significant number of aircrafts. Long live the friendship of Pakistan-Argentina-China

Surprise surprise

So glad to read this news. I thought PAF will be the only Operator with significant number of aircrafts. Long live the friendship of Pakistan-Argentina-China
Argentina needed a sanction-proof plane in case of the next Falkland standoff and they got one. Last time French refused to provide parts during the standoff.

Guys what's specification JF-17 block 3 ? even PAF does not have bock 3 . China will supply these Jf-17 to argentina or Pakistan n How this deal became mature ?

Brings wonderful echos of drums and trumpet to the ears - Congratulations Pak Sino co-development of jf-17 ❤️❤️❤️

Guys what's specification JF-17 block 3 ? even PAF does not have bock 3 . China will supply these Jf-17 to argentina or Pakistan n How this deal became mature ?
Pakistani Block 3s will be delivered before these ones, they’re already under late stages of construction. These jets will also be built in Pakistan. As are all JF-17s.

Let's not celebrate too early.
Wait for official confirmation and uske baad phulll party sharty 🎉🎉🎉
Exactly. This is a request and will be subject to politics and potential interference from others.
China and Pakistan have done exceedingly well with JF -17 block III export. Bigger export players like US and Russia have ignored the light weight export jet potential at their own loss.

I wonder if it would be viable for US to build and market a low cost variant of the fabled F-16! Countries like Argentina would obviously stay away for US equipment for obvious political reasons, but some African countries would certainly find the prospect appealing. :-)
They tried that with the F16/79 and the F20. The change to the Reagan administration killed those programs.

I for one, would not be surprised if the US suddenly supplied Surplus F16s to keep Chinese influence away from Argentina

Deal hasn't been signed yet so I would wait till that happens before worrying about delivery. It will likely be 3-4 years down the line if anything.
Proposed allocation in the budget that will now cause India,US & the UK to allocate $6 million if needed to kill any chances of the deal.

The actual battle has just begun.
I believe the US will offer surplus F16's. They will not want the Chinese getting footholds in Argentina.
It’s precisely why it wont be allowed to go through. The UK cannot tolerate a credible threat to the Malvinas.
People need to stop looking at this as being Falklands centric. The Argentine airforce is running on fumes as is their army and Navy. They badly need something to keep their neighbours from becoming adventurous, never mind taking on the UK again

Last edited:
Argentina needed a sanction-proof plane in case of the next Falkland standoff and they got one. Last time French refused to provide parts during the standoff.
Argentina is waaaaay away from getting involved in anything. All of their armed forces are hanging on by a thread. their navy has 15 out of 42 ships running and has issues with spares. 12 JF17's will help them defend their airspace from their neighbours.

Argentina is waaaaay away from getting involved in anything. All of their armed forces are hanging on by a thread. their navy has 15 out of 42 ships running and has issues with spares. 12 JF17's will help them defend their airspace from their neighbours.
aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice to see some old folks around ... last of Mohicans of PDF ....

Eh guys, I don't know jack-squat 'bout Economy & how budget works, but...the article states:

" ... the draft budget for fiscal year 2022 was presented to the National Congress, which includes a request of US$ 664 million for the acquisition of JF-17 Thunder Block III fighters. "

So naturally it isn't set in stone. Backlash from the US, UK and/or Europe might come at a later stage, but it seems the first hurdle is the National Congress of Argentina whom have to approve the purchase - first.

Not sure - so anyone is welcome to correct my assessment.

Eh guys, I don't know jack-squat 'bout Economy & how budget works, but...the article states:

" ... the draft budget for fiscal year 2022 was presented to the National Congress, which includes a request of US$ 664 million for the acquisition of JF-17 Thunder Block III fighters. "

So naturally it isn't set in stone. Backlash from the US, UK and/or Europe might come at a later stage, but it seems the first hurdle is the National Congress of Argentina whom have to approve the purchase - first.

Not sure - so anyone is welcome to correct my assessment.
No you have nailed it. I suspect other powers will get involved. I strongly suspect the US will suddenly offer F16's from EDA stocks at a VERY reasonable price...

No you have nailed it. I suspect other powers will get involved. I strongly suspect the US will suddenly offer F16's from EDA stocks at a VERY reasonable price...
Is Argentina looking for a decent plane then EDA F-16s work !
if it is looking for a decent sanction proof plane? then Jf-17

Finance is their headache, but the very fact that countries around the globe are seriously considering JF17 is a big success in itself, regardless of the geopolitics becoming an obstacle in its eventual sale!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom