What's new

Are you married to your first cousin?

Yeah I agree with you, avoiding cousin-marriages is the way (for me) :tup:

But don't get me wrong, I'm not against such marriages.

No mate, not in my religion. Its like incest, not into that at all.

No, I wouldn't consider it incest directly. However, continued cousin-marriages for several generations increase chances of defective babies over the generations, not right away in one cousin-marriage.

next thread will be whats the size of your manhood?

The title of this thread is something that happens a lot among our community.

Figures put it as high as 65% that practice this backwards behaviour.

No, I am not married & nor do I plan to marry my first cousin.

I agree, first cousin marriages should be avoided. Keep in mind the risk of genetic defects is greater when cousin marriages occur continuously over successive generations.

Here is a comprehensive article on first cousin marriages, it even discusses genetic diseases:

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Newsnight | The risks of cousin marriage

Why Islam allow it if its backward/dangerous practice as you suggest ?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Its all speculations. My father and mother were first cousin and their father and mother were also first cousin and although i will not go for it but i don't see anything wrong with it and I know many close relatives and friends whom parent also married to their cousins and all kids born in such families were healthy and physically fit Mashallah :)

The only reason i don't go for cousin marriage is because whole family get involve whenever there is conflict in marriages. When you marriage outside family then all problems remain between husband and wife and it don't affect other family relationship

No i'd rather marry someone outside my family I know it's very common in pakistani culture it doesn't mean you have to do practice I think it's better to marry outside your gene pool then you can extend your family and risk of defects in kids will be less.

Why Islam allow it if its backward/dangerous practice as you suggest ?

I don't see anything wrong with it. Its all speculations. My father and mother were first cousin and their father and mother were also first cousin and although i will not go for it but i don't see anything wrong with it and I know many close relatives and friends whom parent also married to their cousins and all kids born in such families were healthy and physically fit Mashallah :)

The only reason i don't go for cousin marriage is because whole family get involve whenever there is conflict in marriages. When you marriage outside then all problems remain between husband and wife and it don't affect other family relationship

After reading that one line i stopd reading further. Exactly and i am going to marry my cousin soon in sha ALLAH !!

I agree with you. I can't imagine marrying my first cousin. it would be too creepy and wierd.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom