What's new

Are you a Vegetarian?

Are You a Vegetarian?

• Total voters
yaar vo to roz ghar pe banta hai . wife is a Brahmin from Hyderabad . :D some how i can never accept the fact the veggie would be enough for me .
after all i am only 90 kgs and at 36 yrs still a growing boy :D
your such a lucky man

My teenage daughter decided one day to become vegetarian. I asked her "Is it for health, or ethical reasons?" She said "Ethical" because (like all teenage girls) she loved animals and was in her "I'm going to be a veterinarian" phase.

So I told her "Excellent. That means you cannot use anything made of leather. Those shoes, for example. You cannot use any products derived from animals, like certain cosmetics."

She lasted about a week, then was eating BBQ chicken and wearing leather shoes again. ;)

You see meat eaters enjoy the taste of vegetables as well... However its more like ****** keema, keema karela, aaloo gosht (aka kaumi salan aka national dish)... But all vegetarians haven't tried........ a nice juicy T-Bone. Once you taste it, you'll know that god intended it to be eaten.

My teenage daughter decided one day to become vegetarian. I asked her "Is it for health, or ethical reasons?" She said "Ethical" because (like all teenage girls) she loved animals and was in her "I'm going to be a veterinarian" phase.

So I told her "Excellent. That means you cannot use anything made of leather. Those shoes, for example. You cannot use any products derived from animals, like certain cosmetics."

She lasted about a week, then was eating BBQ chicken and wearing leather shoes again. ;)

Haha Hindus I'd give a pass. They have divine orders not to eat meat... Animal activists are just delaying the inevitable. Is there any study that vegetarianism for the sake of animal protections has ever caught on to make any significant dent?

Dunno,but veggies are necessary in a balanced diet and as far as I know,green leafy vegetables have proteins which help you grow stronger:)

100809_popeye.jpg

Haha Hindus I'd give a pass. They have divine orders not to eat meat... Animal activists are just delaying the inevitable. Is there any study that vegetarianism for the sake of animal protections has ever caught on to make any significant dent?
Why is that you pull in Hindus into this? Chogy is a American, Can you refrine from pulling us in to this.
It is up to the indivudual taste needs that a man/women eats. Its not because he or she if from a religion that they do not eat Meat, I know Brahmins who eat non-veg

I woulda' picked the 'No but I love vegetarian Food' option but... Western vegetarian Food sucks man! I only like Indian vegetarian Food...

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Why is that you pull in Hindus into this? Chogy is a American, Can you refrine from pulling us in to this.
It is up to the indivudual taste needs that a man/women eats. Its not because he or she if from a religion that they do not eat Meat, I know Brahmins who eat non-veg

I don't think he meant any offence brah. And yeah, loads of Hindus eat meat. Just look at the poll results. :D

I sometimes feel like going veggie. But SK and Mrs B like meat. So i end up eating whatever

\

hmmmmm. Carrots and broccoli? Just add some ground boneless chicken and some fried prawns to it and cook in white sauce, add a little cashew and almond. That will complete the dish. Some pineapple slices will make it even better, something like a desi non veg Russian salad. Delicious.

don't do that . my mouth is salivating.:)

So you are saying Hindus who are vegetarians are so out of choice rather than spiritual reasons ?

Half and half I would say. One of my cousins was a hardcore meat-eater and used to make fun of me for not eating meat (when I was too young to go against my parents' orders :D). I come back a Year later and he's turned hardcore vegetarian and touting the Animal rights crap.

Anyway... the younger generation is less religious so we don't stick to what we're "supposed to do".

Back
Top Bottom