What's new

Are you a Vegetarian?

Are You a Vegetarian?

• Total voters
You see meat eaters enjoy the taste of vegetables as well... However its more like ****** keema, keema karela, aaloo gosht (aka kaumi salan aka national dish)... But all vegetarians haven't tried........ a nice juicy T-Bone. Once you taste it, you'll know that god intended it to be eaten.

all right any one here know how to make alo gosht? pm me the recipe please/

My Doctor told me to eat more veggies so I am eating only these

A-bowl-of-crisps-001.jpg

Haha Hindus I'd give a pass. They have divine orders not to eat meat... Animal activists are just delaying the inevitable. Is there any study that vegetarianism for the sake of animal protections has ever caught on to make any significant dent?

asim bhai . you have done a great wrong by pulling religion into this discourse .

i am pure veterinarian man but i included meats in vegetables .:D

the vegetarians actually discourages meat eating(at least in India. You can find 100s of links which uses religion as a reason to discourage non-veg food). they don't care for the silent tears of each plant/tree/grass/fruit they are consuming. j/k ;)

means..they are less tolerant to meat eaters and not vice versa.

Half and half I would say. One of my cousins was a hardcore meat-eater and used to make fun of me for not eating meat (when I was too young to go against my parents' orders :D). I come back a Year later and he's turned hardcore vegetarian and touting the Animal rights crap.

Anyway... the younger generation is less religious so we don't stick to what we're "supposed to do".

Vegetarianism is not one of the tenets of Hinduism. None of our scriptures direct us not to eat meat. In fact the Vedas talk of both meat and alcohol being consumed. My personal feeling is that this trend of vegetarianism crept into the life style of a lot of Hindus due to the influence of early Buddhism and Jainism. the Buddhists today are not vegetarians but Lord Buddha gave up meat and early converts to Buddhism were vegetarians. The Jains are strict vegetarians till today.

Vegetarianism is not one of the tenets of Hinduism. None of our scriptures direct us not to eat meat. In fact the Vedas talk of both meat and alcohol being consumed. My personal feeling is that this trend of vegetarianism crept into the life style of a lot of Hindus due to the influence of early Buddhism and Jainism. the Buddhists today are not vegetarians but Lord Buddha gave up meat and early converts to Buddhism were vegetarians. The Jains are strict vegetarians till today.

Ah, okay pmukherjee jee :-)P). Didn't know that. My Family encouraged vegetarianism. I never bothered to find out why, I just did what I was told. Even now, if my Ajji finds out I eat meat (incl. Beef). She would literally kill me! :D

I am an eggieterian (Vegies + Eggs). This is due to my early upbringing in in North Indian Bramin family. After coming out of home, I drank & ate eggs but somehow Meat didnot attract me while I dont have any objection personally as such considering myself athiest.

Back
Top Bottom