What's new

Are you a Vegetarian?

Are You a Vegetarian?

• Total voters
we have a farm outside Pune , when ever we visited my dad used to make Kache gosht ki bryani over a wood fire . now i make it . man , just those memories . tonight i am having kheema ghotala.:D

Haha Hindus I'd give a pass. They have divine orders not to eat meat... Animal activists are just delaying the inevitable. Is there any study that vegetarianism for the sake of animal protections has ever caught on to make any significant dent?

Oh ****, you just said the H word...

Vegetarianism is not one of the tenets of Hinduism. None of our scriptures direct us not to eat meat. In fact the Vedas talk of both meat and alcohol being consumed. My personal feeling is that this trend of vegetarianism crept into the life style of a lot of Hindus due to the influence of early Buddhism and Jainism. the Buddhists today are not vegetarians but Lord Buddha gave up meat and early converts to Buddhism were vegetarians. The Jains are strict vegetarians till today.

Man, my Jain friend who is now in OTA used to gobble up Tandoori Chicken and Beer in a way that he can give hardcore non-veggies a run for their money!

Vegetarianism is not one of the tenets of Hinduism. None of our scriptures direct us not to eat meat. In fact the Vedas talk of both meat and alcohol being consumed. My personal feeling is that this trend of vegetarianism crept into the life style of a lot of Hindus due to the influence of early Buddhism and Jainism. the Buddhists today are not vegetarians but Lord Buddha gave up meat and early converts to Buddhism were vegetarians. The Jains are strict vegetarians till today.

Just a common misconception. Buddha died after eating pork which had gone off(it was his favourite food btw) Hardly a committed vegetarian.

Veg food is awesome..if you want to taste vegetable, come to India !! you will like it better than non-veg...

I am a non-vegetarian, but i like vegetarian food :tup: my fav - Rice Chicken/mutton, Chicken tikka masala, kadhai paneer, rajma-rice...yumm!!

Nope..but i like some veg curries like butter paneer, Mushroom & Gobi Manjurian etc :)

I've had my tongue burned (just a tiny bit) by my dad every time I am back from a foreign trip. He always thinks that foreign food will have some non-vegetarian components.

Just a common misconception. Buddha died after eating pork which had gone off(it was his favourite food btw) Hardly a committed vegetarian.

And to think that all these years I thought that he having attained Moksha, willingly left his earthly body to mingle with the Omnipotent.

Man, my Jain friend who is now in OTA used to gobble up Tandoori Chicken and Beer in a way that he can give hardcore non-veggies a run for their money!

Well, he has made the right choice, the IA is no place for hard core veggies.

for any jain,pakka hindu i am a nightmare

i love meats except goat(allergy) i have tried chicken,fish,prawn,squid,beef,pork,eel in japan,octopus puffs in hong kong.

with my cousin and my brother ,i have had a snake while camping in the mizo jungles ,tasted like mashed potatoes.

to all pakistani friends word of advice if you can try beef from new zealand really good their cows are delicious given the kiwi dairy reputation.

Back
Top Bottom