What's new

Are China and India converging?

Are we discussing Germany on this thread? Don't know why I read the German export figures here..

Germans - Open a new thread and discuss your trade there.. :wave:

^^^ a chinese talking of cheap stuff from India :rofl::rofl:

Can you name me an Indian brand that has a fan base in Europe?

Lenovo
Deutsche Community - Lenovo Community

Meizu
German

Huawei
Huawei Forum auf Android-Hilfe.de

ZTE
ZTE Forum auf Android-Hilfe.de

Miui
Startseite - MIUI Germany | MIUI

Chinese Hi-fi
Paul's-Reference Hifi-Forum • Thema anzeigen - Chinaröhrenamp Quinpu A-6000 MK II

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Are we discussing Germany on this thread? Don't know why I read the German export figures here..

Germans - Open a new thread and discuss your trade there.. :wave:

You pal did mention Germany and that India is overtaking us in terms of trade volume with China. I just wanted to correct his ignorance.

Sir, your advertisement are useless.

In fact, advertisements are banned in this forum.

In any case, the reputation of chinese ... atleast for the quality aspect, is suspect:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-blames-chinese-firm-power-plant-failure.html

And yet ...

China systematically killing Indian mfring sector: L&T Chief
Surat, Jan 10 (PTI):

Private sector engineering major Larsen & Toubro has said that China is systematically killing Indian manufacturing sector and sought 25 per cent anti-dumping duty on Chinese goods.

"China has a fixed currency. It is not a market economy like ours. China is systematically killing the Indian manufacturing sector," Naik, who was here for foundation stone laying ceremony of a forgings unit at Hazira told reporters here yesterday.
"There are taxes on goods manufactured locally, but none on imported products (from China). This is an unfair situation for Indian goods. This is why there should be 25 per cent anti-dumping duty on Chinese products," Naik said.
Speaking specifically about power equipment sector, in which L&T is a major player, Naik said, "The Indian power companies, especially those in the private sector, have placed huge orders for power plant equipment with China. We can say that Chinese power sector is virtually working for India."

"It is not good that 80 per cent of our dependence for power plant equipment is on one country, and that too China," he said, adding that China should not be allowed to grow at the cost of Indian companies.
"The day China opens its economy, its prices are bound to go up by 25 per cent," he said.

"But unfortunately we are not taking any steps to stop it," Naik further said.
L&T's special steel manufacturing and ultra heavy forgings unit at Hazira is a joint venture with Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd (NPCIL), in which L&T holds 74 per cent stake while the latter 26 per cent.

The plant is being set up at an investment of Rs 1,750 crore, and will supply finished forgings for nuclear reactors, pressurisers and steam generators, besides heavy forgings for critical equipment in the hydrocarbon sector, as well as thermal power plants and steel plants. The unit is expected to begin operations between March and May next year.
L&T is also investing over Rs 5,000 crore for setting up facilities to manufacture boilers, turbines, modular fabrications. It is also establishing a ship-building unit and a power plant at its Hazira facility.
"The boiler shop will be opened in March or April this year, which will be followed by the turbine shop in August or so," Naik said.

China systematically killing Indian mfring sector: L&T Chief

Recent China and India comparison

Let's take a look at a few recent news stories from China and India.

In China, a reconnaissance/spy satellite was launched. A next-generation integrated marine science research vessel was also launched. And the 10th BeiDou-2 navigational/GPS satellite was sent into orbit.

In contrast, technologically-backwards India sent out a request to foreign manufacturers for a rifle. Can the two countries be more different?

----------

Chinese reconnaissance satellite reaches orbit

Asqzf.jpg

Carrying China's "Yaogan XIII" remote-sensing satellite, a Long March 2C carrier rocket blasts off from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in Taiyuan, capital of north China's Shanxi Province, Nov. 30, 2011. China successfully sent to space its "Yaogan XIII" remote-sensing satellite at 2:50 a.m.on Wednesday. The satellite will be used to conduct scientific experiments, carry out surveys on land resources, estimate crop yield and help with natural disaster-reduction and prevention. (Xinhua/Yan Yan)

"Analysts also believe that the YG-13 YaoGan Weixing-13 is a new 2nd generation SAR satellite developed by the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation Shanghai Academy, and equipped with a new SAR radar capable of 1.5 meter spatial resolution.
Yaogan 13 may carry a synthetic aperture radar sensor to peer through clouds for all-weather, night-and-day image collection."

China's next-generation integrated marine science research vessel launched
November 30, 2011

7fsEe.jpg

November 30. With a total investment of more than 500 million yuans, China's next-generation integrated marine science research vessel "Science" was successfully launched in Wuhan.

This is the most advanced integrated marine science research ship being built by China. It will help promote China's marine science study capabilities to the international advanced standard. The "Science" research ship comprehensive project was approved in 2007.

China breaks record with Long March 3A launch of 10th BeiDou-2 satellite

IOZWU.jpg

The Long March-3A carrier rocket carrying China's 10th Beidou satellite blasts off from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center on Friday morning, December 2, 2011. [Photo: Xinhua]

----------

India goes shopping for a new assault rifle - Rediff.com News

"India goes shopping for a new assault rifle
Last updated on: November 30, 2011 08:16 IST

The Ministry of Defence has issued a tender for the import of 66,000 5.56 mm assault rifle for an estimated $250 million (Rs 13,000 crore) to replace the locally-designed Indian Small Arms System 5.56 mm AR, which the army has reluctantly employed since the mid-1990s.

The Request for Proposal dispatched to over 40 overseas vendors last month -- with bids to be submitted by mid-Feb 2012 -- requires the 3.66 kg AR's to convert to 7.62x39 mm and be fitted with Picatiny Rail-mounted reflex sights.

The ARs would also need to be equipped with under-barrel grenade launchers and be able to fire locally-produced ammunition.

The RfP also mandates a transfer of technology to the State-owned Ordnance Factory Board to locally make the ARs of which the eventual requirement is expected to be around 2 million for the army, the central paramilitary forces and state police in a massive programme estimated at $2-3 billion."

India's population hurtling toward the top - latimes.com

"India's population hurtling toward the top
By Mark Magnier, Los Angeles Times
December 2, 2011, 5:39 p.m.

Due to pass China in 2020, India has seen uneven progress in efforts to cut birthrates, and struggles to feed and house many of its people.
A report released recently found that the poor in India were better fed 30 years ago, and that India is worse off than its neighbors and many sub-Saharan African countries. The picture is similar in health, hygiene, education and women's status."

Why you people worried about india?

We're testing the theories of India Shining and Incredible India.

In other words, we're examining the facts to determine whether your government's claim about India Shining is true or not. It is perfectly legitimate to expose your government's propaganda.

Götterdämmerung;2542405 said:

Dated Jan 10, 2010, It says something about controlled-Chinese system and it's effects on market system. it's typical article. It wouldn't have made a difference if you replaced the statements by the Indian company's CEO with that of an American counterpart. It says nothing about Chinese quality except that inference you are desperately trying to make from the statement "The Indian power companies, especially those in the private sector, have placed huge orders for power plant equipment with China.". It's the CEO of a rival company (for heavy machinery manufacturing Chinese counterparts) trying to play the "Local card". You are either naive or trying to post things for the sake of posting just like china fan boys.

It's irrelevant and again an Advert from your part.

In other words, we're examining the facts to determine whether your government's claim about India Shining is true or not. It is perfectly legitimate to expose your government's propaganda.

1.why is that?

2.Expose!? Non sense. stop acting like a kid. There's a difference between propaganda and Advertisement. You Chinese should know it better.

Why you people worried about india?

It's a two sided story, on the one hand we are not worried about India becoming a formidable competitor to our current domination, that's why our media rarely bash India. In fact, we have many excuses for the problems of India by placing India in the sunniest ligh. We have so many soft and euphemistic words to describe the misery of India, it makes you speechless.

On the other hand, we are kind of worried, because a exploding polulation, poorly educated and underfeed, is indeed great destabilising factor and a problem of global magnitude. Just imagine the flood of refugees going to all directions should India implode due to famine, flood, drought, civil war, etc.

Götterdämmerung;2542471 said:
It's a two sided story, on the one hand we are not worried about India becoming a formidable competitor to our current domination, that's why our media rarely bash India. In fact, we have many excuses for the problems of India by placing India in the sunniest ligh. We have so many soft and euphemistic words to describe the misery of India, it makes you speechless.

On the other hand, we are kind of worried, because a exploding polulation, poorly educated and underfeed, is indeed great destabilising factor and a problem of global magnitude. Just imagine the flood of refugees going to all directions should India implode due to famine, flood, drought, civil war, etc.

Self serving Bull ****.

:cheesy::cheesy:
:girl_wacko::girl_wacko:

Incredible India is a tourism ad campaign...its only about culture and history etc...nothing to do with tech

India Shining is "NOT" equal to china diving.....its so naive of u to compare india china to EXAMINE India Shining....

and talking about space program...when was the last time china put more than 4 satellites in any of the orbits in a single launch??...m really sorry i cud not find any...bt i wud be happy to gain more knowledge....have a good life...and if possible..change to ur real flag...take care

Dated Jan 10, 2010, It says something about controlled-Chinese system and it's effects on market system. it's typical article. It wouldn't have made a difference if you replaced the statements by the Indian company's CEO with that of an American counterpart. It say nothing about Chinese quality except that inference you are desperately trying to make from the statement "The Indian power companies, especially those in the private sector, have placed huge orders for power plant equipment with China.". It's the CEO of a rival company (for heavy machinery manufacturing Chinese counterparts) trying to play the "Local card". You are either naive or trying to post things for the sake of posting just like china fan boys.

It's irrelevant and again an Advert from your part.

You don't place huge orders if you are unsure about the quality of the product. It's not a plastic toy for a few Euro that you can throw away if it doesn't work but machines costing billions to buy.

And why should I post what an American CEO says? This is an India-China thread and I want to give the POV of an Indian CEO. Sure, it would be quite strange if he would praise his competitors to the skies.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Self surfing Bull ****.

:cheesy::cheesy:
:girl_wacko::girl_wacko:

Serving or surfing? :girl_wacko:

Götterdämmerung;2542495 said:
You don't place huge orders if you are unsure about the quality of the product. It's not a plastic toy for a few Euro that you can throw away if it doesn't work but machines costing billions to buy.

And why should I post what an American CEO says? This is an India-China thread and I want to give the POV of an Indian CEO. Sure, it would be quite strange if he would praise his competitors to the skies.

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Serving or surfing? :girl_wacko:

1. I gave my view and i am not going to repeat myself again.
2. CEO of what is the question. statements have a purpose and are more often one's own benefit.
3. serving

1. I gave my view and i am not going to repeat myself again.
2. CEO of what is the question. statements have a purpose and are more often one's own benefit.
3. serving

1. It's your good right
2. CEO of L&T badmouthing his comeptitors
3. Sure, we are self serving. What have you thought?

Back
Top Bottom