What's new

Are China and India converging?

^^^ a chinese talking of cheap stuff from India :rofl::rofl:

well..you often found reality contradicts with your vivid dreams...as long as it is garment industry where i have decade of experiences from low-end to high-end and now in luxury

Whether this is good or bad ..... depends on everybody's own views.

But the implication is that India already may be the 3rd largest export customer of China ... after only USA and Japan.

50 Billion USD of chinese exports go to India; US figure is 220 billion USD and Japan 97 billion USD.

South Korea & Germany would be close .... both around 50 billion USD. (And hence, could be hovering around the 3rd largest customer).

Given the growth in India ... unlike Germany & SK .... it will be funny to see China looking for growth in the Indian economy, for it's export (and eventually, it's own growth).

I know China builds many Indian power plants. In buying Chinese technology, the efficiency of Indian coal plants can almost double from 25 to 42%. You win and we win. Everybody is happy.

Rotor for 1,000MW ultra-supercritical Steam Turbine | China's Great Science and Technology

"Rotor for 1,000MW Ultra-supercritical Steam Turbine
November 9, 2011

cuDAA.jpg

China has already manufactured a 12% Chromium high-quality forged rotor for an 1,000MW USC (ultra-supercritical) steam turbine under high pressure.

China’s strategy to meet its greenhouse gas commitment is to continue full steam ahead by converting its coal-fired power plant fleet from a conventional one to an ultra-supercritical one — a move that will decrease its energy intensity from coal-generated power by more than 20 percent.

A coal-fired power plant operates by boiling water to create a high-pressure steam that drives a turbine which produces electricity by moving an electrical wire through a magnetic field.

A conventional (or subcritical) plant typically operates at temperatures up to 1,050 degrees Fahrenheit and has an efficiency of between 33 and 39 percent. Operating a plant at higher temperatures and pressures can increase its efficiency, potentially lowering emissions of carbon dioxide (CO2) in the process.

A so-called supercritical plant operates at sufficiently high pressures and temperatures (between 1,000 and 1,075 degrees Fahrenheit) such that the water and steam become indistinguishable (the critical point of a liquid), allowing efficiency rates to reach 42 percent. An ultra-supercritical plant operates at temperatures of 1,075 degrees Fahrenheit and above and can achieve efficiencies of more than 42 percent.

China has jumped into the ultra-supercritical game with both feet. It is busy building supercritical and ultra-supercritical power plants at an astonishing rate — a whole lot faster, by the way, than we are here in the United States. And China’s ultra-supercritical power plant that went online in Yuhuan in 2006 reportedly holds the record as “the world’s cleanest, most efficient and most advanced ultra-supercritical units” with an efficiency of 46 percent.

Until now, the key high temperature equipment for supercritical and ultra-supercritical power units were mainly imported from foreign countries. China currently requires our national enterprises to domestically manufacture the key high temperature equipment. For making seamless tubes and large pipes, Chinese enterprises will be equipped with more 35MN, 60MN and one 350MN extrusion machines in the near future.

Large-scale castings for 1,000MW USC steam turbine already can be made in China. Large-scale forging have been also trial-produced. High-purity low alloy steel forging for low pressure rotor and 12% Cr high-quality forged rotor for 1,000MW USC steam turbine high pressure rotor are made in China."

well..you often found reality contradicts with your vivid dreams...as long as it is garment industry where i have decade of experiences from low-end to high-end and now in luxury

and I know your bull cr@p and cheap attempt to try and insult Indian products. I know from my experience that the worlds top brands use Indian fabrics and come with "Made in India" tags as well.

There are lots of thorium reservoirs in India. USA is very interested in those reservoirs that's why they made civil nuclear deal.
You can also sell this to china to earn some profit.$$$$

And everybody in the world is playing with USD. People are keeping USA super power. Why not trade on other currency.:coffee:

you'd be naive to believe no country practice protectionism, I have been doing business in Europe for long time, i know very well how they set up barriers to block chinese imports (they didnt do anything to indians) as they consider it threatens to their local industry. China is actually one of the biggest victims of protectionism.

Exactly and why not India do the same with China, to effectively bring down the trade deficit. Its not as if we will lose by not trading with you guys.

India should stop exporting ores.. Exporting processed goods is the way to go..

I know China builds many Indian power plants. In buying Chinese technology, the efficiency of Indian coal plants can almost double from 25 to 42%. You win and we win. Everybody is happy.

Sir, your advertisement are useless.

In fact, advertisements are banned in this forum.

In any case, the reputation of chinese ... atleast for the quality aspect, is suspect:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...-blames-chinese-firm-power-plant-failure.html

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

There are lots of thorium reservoirs in India. USA is very interested in those reservoirs that's why they made civil nuclear deal.
You can also sell this to china to earn some profit.$$$$

And everybody in the world is playing with USD. People are keeping USA super power. Why not trade on other currency.:coffee:

Off course ... to begin with Pakistan should start making large.. massive imports from China... and pay for them in PKR (Pakistani Rupee).

I mean, china just wants to pile up paper currency .... PKR is as good as anything else.

India should stop exporting ores.. Exporting processed goods is the way to go..

For that we have to build up our manufacturing sector, and going by the cost effectiveness of the Chinese manufacturing sector we cannot compete with them on prices, also their protectionist policies are a major hindrance. The only way to reduce the deficit is to put up more trade barriers against cheap chinese imports.

whether we like it or not india is a very impotant market for our future growth, that s why our ambassidor still trying very hard to have good relation with the second most hostile country toward china.

I don't see India being hostile towards China.

Too much is being read in to the presence of Dalai lama or other Tibetan refugees. We cant really ask them to leave coz now India is there home they are more Indian than Tibetan now.

Whether this is good or bad ..... depends on everybody's own views.

But the implication is that India already may be the 3rd largest export customer of China ... after only USA and Japan.

50 Billion USD of chinese exports go to India; US figure is 220 billion USD and Japan 97 billion USD.

South Korea & Germany would be close .... both around 50 billion USD. (And hence, could be hovering around the 3rd largest customer).

Given the growth in India ... unlike Germany & SK .... it will be funny to see China looking for growth in the Indian economy, for it's export (and eventually, it's own growth).

Trade volume between Germany and China was 130 trillion Euro (170 trillion US$) in 2010 and will hit 200 trillion in 2015. :cheers:

China's GDP in 2011 was already 5x india's. And we are growing much faster! india is actually converging with sub-saharan Africa. Poor indians only have self-delusion... inferiority complex.

:laugh:

you prove your high "IQ".

Our export ot China in 2010 was 53 billion Euro (I laways make mistake with the billion and trillion because in German we have after million also milliard and billion and billiard, the English billion is a milliard in German).

China's GDP in 2011 was already 5x india's. And we are growing much faster! india is actually converging with sub-saharan Africa. Poor indians only have self-delusion... inferiority complex.
Thanks for your humiliation. Me and my country men are born in India which gave the greatest human being who preached non violance and said "when you are slaped in one cheek, show the other". so if you want to do a solo chest thrimping, be my guest. i wish to see such self humiliations by you and your kind of folks be in from INDIA or China.

CCP should think twice before paying these trolls who are ranting against India. Muzzling these dogs will help any tranquillity if they think they have with India. Otherwise the sabotage 1.2 billion strong Indians will do to their recent prosperity will be unimaginable and without warning. The kind of retards Chinese nationalist (those who even do not have say for their own national policies) we see here are not going to do squat against India who is rocking its way the way it has to be but what China will lose in the long run will be far more grievous than what Japanese did to them.

Back
Top Bottom