What's new

Are China and India converging?

Götterdämmerung;2542517 said:
1. It's your good right
2. CEO of L&T badmouthing his comeptitors
3. Sure, we are self serving. What have you thought?

1. fine
2. Only natural, although i must make a point here. he was playing the 'local card' and not bad mouthing etc.,
3. It's about ego. NOT practical things. I would be happy if you're self serving about more tangible things in life.

Götterdämmerung;2542471 said:
It's a two sided story, on the one hand we are not worried about India becoming a formidable competitor to our current domination, that's why our media rarely bash India. In fact, we have many excuses for the problems of India by placing India in the sunniest ligh. We have so many soft and euphemistic words to describe the misery of India, it makes you speechless.

On the other hand, we are kind of worried, because a exploding polulation, poorly educated and underfeed, is indeed great destabilising factor and a problem of global magnitude. Just imagine the flood of refugees going to all directions should India implode due to famine, flood, drought, civil war, etc.

:azn: I thought the thread was about china :smokin:
True colours , eh :agree:
Anyways I dont think Germany should worry too much about us. Worry about your nearer countries.

Götterdämmerung;2542471 said:
It's a two sided story, on the one hand we are not worried about India becoming a formidable competitor to our current domination, that's why our media rarely bash India. In fact, we have many excuses for the problems of India by placing India in the sunniest ligh. We have so many soft and euphemistic words to describe the misery of India, it makes you speechless.

On the other hand, we are kind of worried, because a exploding polulation, poorly educated and underfeed, is indeed great destabilising factor and a problem of global magnitude. Just imagine the flood of refugees going to all directions should India implode due to famine, flood, drought, civil war, etc.

Don't worry .. all chinese are aging and going to be dead .... the population will be in balance.

Go have a good sleep... after taking some traquilizers.

1. fine
2. Only natural, although i must make a point here. he was playing the 'local card' and not bad mouthing etc.,
3. It's about ego. NOT practical things. I would be happy if you're self serving about more tangible things in life.

2. Everyone is using th "local card". Buy American is a prime example.
3. It's about our media and our elite and their world outlook. They don't necessarily reflect my view. It is in fact very tangible, as the way how our politician and media is manipulating the world and it's about the lives of 1.2 billion people.

Anyways I dont think Germany should worry too much about us. Worry about your nearer countries.

It's about India and China.

We have to worry in a globalised world. What happens in India does affect us nowaday much more than even 20 years ago. Right now, our borders are flooded with illegal immigrants and we ca hardly manage them. If 100 million Indian refugees spread out to all directions, it would be enough to destabilise our borders, if a few millions make their way to the EU.

Götterdämmerung;2542568 said:
2. Everyone is using th "local card". Buy American is a prime example.
3. It's about our media and our elite and their world outlook. They don't necessarily reflect my view. It is in fact very tangible, as the way how our politician and media is manipulating the world and it's about the lives of 1.2 billion people.

2. well, the everyone includes Chinese companies too. more precisely the capitalists of china(at the expense of Chinese workers)
3.You mean west and more precisely the Anglican sphere, right? You just DO NOT understand Indians. You have no idea mate.

Don't worry about that. Indians can take care of themselves.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Götterdämmerung;2542583 said:

We have to worry in a globalised world. What happens in India does affect us nowaday much more than even 20 years ago. Right now, our borders are flooded with illegal immigrants and we ca hardly manage them. If 100 million Indian refugees spread out to all directions, it would be enough to destabilise our borders, if a few millions make their way to the EU.

You don't get tired, do you?
No offence but, Are you being paid for this?

Are you for real :woot:

Let me tell all my relatives to get ready for this epic migration. What route should we take?
INDIA-PAK-IRAN-....-AUSTRIA-GERMANY. :pop:

On topic: Though India is atleast a decade behind China, why the posters here on PDF forget that after China, its only INDIA that comes close to achieving growth rates that others only envy.
Let me ask all the chinese posters here, keeping your hatred aside for a moment, whom do you feel more capable of challenging your SUPER POWER dreams in the next 20 years?
I guess its Pakistan :china::pakistan:

What's wrong? You Indians afraid of free speech and an honest debate?

I guess you have a few things to learn about true democracy. Hindu democracy still has a long way to go.

Yeah Free speech and NOT Foolish Speech

I agree totally. We live in a world of finite resources.
Population control is essential or it will be like a Zombie killing movie.

I agree totally. We live in a world of finite resources.
Population control is essential or it will be like a Zombie killing movie.

And the sad fact for china is that .. the zombie movie has already begun playing out in china:

People have to drink cadmium water .. and inhale n-hexane. 2000 millions tonnes of coal is burnt .. so much that the capital city beijing is becoming more like a permanently polluted city. Water is so much scarce ... that rivers dry up before reaching the sea. Desertification has reached the extent that china is desperately trying to construct a "green wall" .. and then continuously failing at it. People are being piled up one over another in so-called "dorms" or sometimes as they are called "coffin-beds".

Yes .. sleeping in "coffins" even before you are dead. And you still say that it "will" be zomblie killing movie.

Sir, please open your eyes .... the zombie killing movie is already playing around you. (unless off course, if you managed to escape from china) !!!

If china continues to play with nature .... mother nature will ensure that china ceases to exist.

LOL, He/she will say 'our' means West (Aka Germany). Now, I have never came across people in west who relish in advancing China or India. China is a total anathema to west more so than India. We have quite a big German contingent in our school and I have a clear idea how Germans think of China or for that matter India. Most view the developing world very negatively.

Here is a survey of how people think of other countries. 69% of Germans harbour negative views on China, up from 59% in the last such poll, where as 54% of Germans harbour negative view on India, up from 34% in the last such polls. More the east develops, more will be the west hate the east.

Views of China and Russia Decline in Global Poll - World Public Opinion

LOL, He/she will say 'our' means West (Aka Germany). Now, I have never came across people in west who relish in advancing China or India. China is a total anathema to west more so than India. We have quite a big German contingent in our school and I have a clear idea how Germans think of China or for that matter India. Most view the developing world very negatively.

Here is a survey of how people think of other countries. 69% of Germans harbour negative views on China, up from 59% in the last such poll, where as 54% of Germans harbour negative view on India, up from 34% in the last such polls. More the east develops, more will be the west hate the east.

Good post and I understand what you are saying.
But by that logic, he must have more negative views for China, isn't it?
That doesnt seems to be the case. I agree he might have a bias or two towards China but I havent seen him ever commenting on anything anti-china or pro-India.
As a matter of fact, whatever little Germans or French I have met online, have always mixed feelings for India. On one hand they accuse us of outsourcing and all (which is understandable), but on the other, they are generally quite positive aboout our Geopolotics, culture, etc.

2. well, the everyone includes Chinese companies too. more precisely the capitalists of china(at the expense of Chinese workers)
3.You mean west and more precisely the Anglican sphere, right? You just DO NOT understand Indians. You have no idea mate.

Don't worry about that. Indians can take care of themselves.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

You don't get tired, do you?
No offence but, Are you being paid for this?

2. All captalists are profiting at the expense of the workers, what else?
3. No, I mean we in western Europe including the UK.

How much do you think I would get for writing this? Bear in mind, I live in one of the richest city in the EU.

Really? Have you ever been for a long time in Europe? Any day I open a newspaper, I have at least one article about China's development and what that means for us in the EU and the West in general.

So, yo have a clear idea how Grmans thing and giving me a statistic that 69 % of Germans harbour a negative view on China. What about the 31 % who have either a neutral or positive view on China? Don't their opinion matter as well? It would make a bit of sense to question me, if the poll said that 100 % of Germans harbour a negative view on China. Even then if one German out of 82 million has a diferent view, his opinion matters as much as the rest. This is how democracy and tolerance works in my society.

As to your last senctence, I have never stated otherwise on how most of my countrymen/women think. It's a very abject motive that many people harbour.

Back
Top Bottom