What's new

Are Agents Posing As Porters At Pakistani Airports?

Barbers would have been a more appropriate choice. Would have given that dramatic twist. Maybe taxi drivers?

Barbers would have been a more appropriate choice. Would have given that dramatic twist. Maybe taxi drivers?
It is a nice story but the worrisome part is that people have become so gullible that many Pakistanis think that this is actually true.

While it does happen in different situations and at times part of training is to “blend in” with the ordinary - it doesn’t happen to everyone and not every porter is an agent!
Some can have normal conversations as well and Pakistanis like to talk politics.
Finalist, if it was some political tactic - easy to pay off the porter than have agents be porters - Pakistanis are cheap to buy

Best option is don't go to Pakistan, I haven't been for 10 years and looks like I won't be going
for another 10. Better to go Turkey or Morocco.

Agree why go to the country when you don't know if you will get kidnapped just for expressing your own opinions.

I have been to Turkey, I have had a marvelous experience would definitely go there again.

Best option is don't go to Pakistan, I haven't been for 10 years and looks like I won't be going
for another 10. Better to go Turkey or Morocco.
That’s easier said than done for those who have family members to visit and issues to deal with.

which is why for the last 10-20 years i've been trying to bring all my family to US

or atleast so that they have green card

sounds a bit like the junat in Egypt! not surprised that the junta is copying sisi.

Messi is the goat
Screenshot_20230607_004907_DuckDuckGo.jpg

ab agents itne bhi faarigh nahi hain behen 🤦‍♂️ :lol:
A- paranoia or B- the porters have been paid off to weed out Pakistanis

In Tunisia, former tyrant Ben Ali has a secret police at every corner, no one could escape to the système !

The Porter Agent could be any patwari working for PDM (or for PMLN) under agreement with FIA/IB. each IB/FIA handler could easily manage 20/30 porters…

While it does happen in different situations and at times part of training is to “blend in” with the ordinary - it doesn’t happen to everyone and not every porter is an agent!
Some can have normal conversations as well and Pakistanis like to talk politics.
Finalist, if it was some political tactic - easy to pay off the porter than have agents be porters - Pakistanis are cheap to buy

I'll always remember this story. I was a school going kid then, and the coaster came to take us to school, and in that city there was also the training school for intelligence (won't say the exact place or name here). We came and forth from school in an army coaster. Once at off time, there was a presumably transgender person a short distance from the coaster. The coaster driver told us 4-5 kids 'woh us mangnay walay ko dekhte raho bas'. And we watched him for a while, and he acted and looked like a beggar and to us that was nothing special. But then after like 15 minutes or something, the guy walks in a different manner and then comes to an army double cab and sits and goes away. The driver then tells us he was from the school and they usually train in the city. Don't know how true that was though. Fauji drivers do sometimes have the wildest tales! :P

As for the topic, I agree with what you wrote.

While the OP is certainly a possibility and the idea can be implemented easily, I don't think this is actively going on. But, they definitely are monitoring social media accounts and do specifically identify people abroad and keep a check on when they are coming. So just stay off identifiable social media if you make political posts, that's the best choice.

It is a nice story but the worrisome part is that people have become so gullible that many Pakistanis think that this is actually true.

Paranoia is a big market in any society driven by consumerist culture.

I'll always remember this story. I was a school going kid then, and the coaster came to take us to school, and in that city there was also the training school for intelligence (won't say the exact place or name here). We came and forth from school in an army coaster. Once at off time, there was a presumably transgender person a short distance from the coaster. The coaster driver told us 4-5 kids 'woh us mangnay walay ko dekhte raho bas'. And we watched him for a while, and he acted and looked like a beggar and to us that was nothing special. But then after like 15 minutes or something, the guy walks in a different manner and then comes to an army double cab and sits and goes away. The driver then tells us he was from the school and they usually train in the city. Don't know how true that was though. Fauji drivers do sometimes have the wildest tales! :P

As for the topic, I agree with what you wrote.

While the OP is certainly a possibility and the idea can be implemented easily, I don't think this is actively going on. But, they definitely are monitoring social media accounts and do specifically identify people abroad and keep a check on when they are coming. So just stay off identifiable social media if you make political posts, that's the best choice.

On a side note I Hope this will be an eye opener for the Pakistani awam about the dangers of social media and the need of protection of confidentiality on internet.

Back
Top Bottom