What's new

Arabic Music (modern, traditional, poems, anasheed, dua etc.)

OT: What country in the Middle East / Arab World produces the most beautiful woman? I hear from some of my Arab friends that Lebanese women are renowned for their beauty.

As usual it is highly subjective but women from Morocco, Levant, Kuwait, Hijaz, Yemen etc. tend to have a good reputation.

Mate, don't forget the topic of this thread. We risk turning this thread into a chit-chat thread which would be a shame. Such discussions fit into the "Arabic Coffee Shop" thread though.;)

The beautiful Yemeni singer Balqees Ahmed Fathi:

Last edited:

@Chai don't force me to spam this thread with Arab female singers by the hundreds (much to the delight of the usual suspects here) to make you reappear again.:lol:;)

Some of the Arab greats when it comes to the native and magnificent oud musical instrument. I touched on this genre of Arabic music before in this thread:

Oud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
@Tunisian Marine Corps

Good ones. Especially the last one which is powerful like most Arab songs of this kind.

Last edited:
Never heard Yemeni music before. That first video in your final post (Bilqees) is really cool, mixes between traditional Arab music with some modern touches.

Never heard Yemeni music before. That first video in your final post (Bilqees) is really cool, mixes between traditional Arab music with some modern touches.

Yemeni music is very well-known and rich. Especially traditional and the folklore in general. For instance do you know which group of people that are dominating the music scene in Israel? The Yemeni Jews.

Balqees is one of the few Arab female singers that I genuinely like too. She also has a stereotypically Yemeni and Hijazi look.

I am just posting recent Arab music some of which have 25 million views on Youtube as people can see. It's not something I listen to personally though.

Personally, I'm not into mainstream music. But have an interest in Arabic poetry and don't mind the sound of some traditional oud, Fairuz's 'andalusiyyat' or hearing some patriotic songs, mainly out of political interest.

Personally, I'm not into mainstream music. But have an interest in Arabic poetry and don't mind the sound of some traditional oud, Fairuz's 'andalusiyyat' or hearing some patriotic songs, mainly out of political interest.

I don't follow all the newest music either. I mean it's a huge music scene after all. 22+ countries let alone the very big diaspora. Whether it's traditional music, all the other Arab music genres or more "mainstream" genres such as pop music, hip-hop, house music etc.

:lol:;)

I don't follow all the newest music either. I mean it's a huge music scene after all. 22+ countries let alone the very big diaspora. Whether it's traditional music, all the other Arab music genres or more "mainstream" genres such as pop music, hip-hop, house music etc.

:lol:;)
whose your fav nasheed singer? mine are Maher Zain,Zain Bikkha,Dawud Wharnsby and Sami Yusaf...

Back
Top Bottom