What's new

Arabic Music (modern, traditional, poems, anasheed, dua etc.)

al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Am I blind or can I not see any thread about Arabic music on this section? There are a few threads about Arabic music on PDF from what I can see but they are all old. I also see a lot of people posting Arabic music on PDF in various threads.
I mean the most popular ME music and music that has influenced a wide range of other musical genres and the music of most Muslim countries to various degrees and many non-Muslim countries as well deserves its own thread here on this section. The Arab one.

So due to that I am creating this thread. This thread is also intended for posting Arabic poems, anasheed, dua etc.

Although we are not that many Arab users on PDF and many great users have unfortunately left and some are not very active we can still use this thread for its intended purpose. From Morocco to Oman and from Syria to Comoros.

Anyway let me start by posting some music then:

That's Rai music. A musical genre in Arabic music originating in Algeria which incorporates Bedouin, Arab, African and to a lesser extent French and Spanish (itself heavily influenced by Arabic music) musical influences. It's a popular musical style among the big Arab community in France.

The last song is an example of modern Rai music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raï

The last video shows a more modern form of Rai music mixed with French rap at the beginning and the end of the video.

Last edited:
Arabic dabke music:

Variants of that musical style of Arabic music is found in many Arab countries.

There are many versions of similar rhythmic songs. Traditionally they are sung at weddings or parties.

Here is a newer version:

It's very easy to get in a festivity mood after listening to that type of Arabic music.:lol:

Just search يا زيف الطول on Youtube and a lot of different songs should show up.

Elissa Ayemi Bik (with english subtitles).... The BEST song for setting someone mood :enjoy:

And it's Remix version which is better than original song with some smokin hot Saudi drifting in background :enjoy: :enjoy:

The ever green Abdul Qadir :enjoy:

Arabs are best in music. Good job

This is a big claim. Also don't forget that taste is personal. But in all humbleness then Arabic music has a rich ancient history and is very diverse.

Some Yemeni:

Jazani music from Southwestern KSA:

Last edited:
Singer: Muhammad Sa'ad Abdullah محمد سعد عبدالله from Yemen

One of my favorites:

The original: Youm al-ahad fi tareeqee يوم الأحد في طريقي

This is the modern version of the above song, not as good as the older version (at least for me)

Zion Golan (Jewish Yemeni) singing about Yemen

Last edited:
Another song of Zion Golan singing about Yemen in Arabic in Israel

Also one of my favourites:

Singer: Muhammad Juma Khan (Punjabi Yemeni, born in Yemen to a Punjabi father and Yemeni mother) 1903 - 25-Dec-1963

He is nicknamed shaikh of Hadharmi songs

Another favorite song of mine:

Singer: Muhammad Murshid Naji from Yemen

Song: على مسيري الا بسم الله الرحمن

Last edited:

Not for the faint-hearted when so many Arab beauties are around!

Some traditional Iraqi music:

Nearly 500 million Arabs out there yet the Arabs on PDF have become extinct. Maybe I should follow the same path?:lol:

Where are all the Arab users?!

@Al Bhatti

Yemenis are very talented musicians. They have a very, very rich musical folklore. Especially the traditional and ancient one.

Jewish Yemenis, along with other Jewish Arabs, also dominate the musical scene of Israel.

Back
Top Bottom