What's new

Arab descriptions of early medieval South Asia

no,it doesn't matter,why?

Pakistan has its independent identity which is here to stay.

But as long as India remains secular,Pakistan's basis of existence ll always be questioned because it is not a natural partition but artificial.

RPK

Partition happened 60 years ago and only after a longtime,one can actually truly fall apart completely.
Disagree

I think India and Pakistan have completely fallen apart though. Pakistan is too deeply embroiled in Islam, the only common thing we share is language. Culture/history/religion and aspirations are very different...

India and Pakistan are opposite poles of one another in this day and age... probably the two most opposite nations in todays world...

Ancient India was synonymous to South Asia. Current India is not. This thread is with respect to ancient India.

Pakistanis and BDeshis converted to Islam, and made a seperate identity for themselves. Good for you guys :tup: Current India is just the continuin legacy of ancient India, but only smaller in size...

Just the fact you are using the term , India to describe "Ancient India" as South Asia, shows how much bullcrap it is.

British India was the name of colony established by the British in South Asian subcontinent, today, South Asian subcontinent consist of several states, e.g, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kashmir, Bangladesh, Nepal.

It would be better if Indians, use the scientific term South Asian SubContinent to describe (guess what) South Asian Subcontinent.

Making India synonymous of South Asian Subcontinent, is offensive.

PS: I thought you were banned, they let you can in? Quite unfortunate.

Just the fact you are using the term , India to describe "Ancient India" as South Asia, shows how much bullcrap it is.

British India was the name of colony established by the British in South Asian subcontinent, today, South Asian subcontinent consist of several states, e.g, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kashmir, Bangladesh, Nepal.

It would be better if Indians, use the scientific term South Asian SubContinent to describe (guess what) South Asian Subcontinent.

I repeat what @Loda Lahsun :) said ...

So you say we compromise our identity and ancient heritage just to make sure your little islamic ego is not hurt? Wah jee wah

So Akbar was baadshah-e-Hind or baadshah-e-south-ul-ashia? :lol:

Just becasue a political entity named pakistan came into being, does not means that a new planet was formed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Long term inbreeding effects will take at least 8-10 more generations more years to manifest itself. Probably then anything specific classification based on geneology can be made, IMVHO. As of today pakistan is an artificial construct within ethnic Bharat Varsha. (politically/ ethnically/ geographically/ culturally)
off course as a political entity, pakistan is an artificial construct. what i implied was that cultural and linguistic deviations apart, they had associated themselves to islam.
hindus' ill treatment of labour class muslims (more like ruling class and oppressed class) coupled with their insecurities gave birth to pakistan, not mentioning the mismanagement by the INC during independence. they are different, maybe as different as a tamil is from an assamese, but religion played the decisive part.

Ancient India in the cultural sense. Bharat is what I like to refer to it as. And yes Ancient India culturally and religiously was a homogeneous kingdom. Asoka, Magadha, Chandragupta, etc were the various rulers who ruled Bharat...

P.S. No I have never been banned, barely been around for a couple weeks. No idea what you are talking about.

Stop peddling Lies. And What the fcuk is "South Asian Subcontinent" :rofl: Its Indian Subcontinent.

Dont know if its taught in your madrassahs or not but Cristofer columbus set sailing to find sea-routes to "India" or "Indian Subcontinent" and not "Sooth Ashia" or "Sooth Ashian Sub-kantinent".
And this was long before Any Britisher came and colonised India.

Since you are so admant on this "Sooth Ashia" bull crap, I think in your madrassa text books it could be mentioned that East India company was infact "East-South Asia company" :lol: :lol:

lol it was epic ......:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Interviewer : where is brian lara from ???
@RangerPK : he is from "West South Asies"

Disagree

I think India and Pakistan have completely fallen apart though. Pakistan is too deeply embroiled in Islam, the only common thing we share is language. Culture/history/religion and aspirations are very different...

India and Pakistan are opposite poles of one another in this day and age... probably the two most opposite nations in todays world...

Nothing like that dude,what you see in the media is nothing.

Even the arabs are not deeply imbroiled in anything,

The whole world is embroiled in sharaab,shabaab and kebab.

For some Sharaab is haraam,some kebab is but for everyone,shabaab is not.

Stop peddling Lies. And What the fcuk is "South Asian Subcontinent" :rofl: Its Indian Subcontinent.

Dont know if its taught in your madrassahs or not but Cristofer columbus set sailing to find sea-routes to "India" or "Indian Subcontinent" and not "Sooth Ashia" or "Sooth Ashian Sub-kantinent".
And this was long before Any Britisher came and colonised India.

Since you are so admant on this "Sooth Ashia" bull crap, I think in your madrassa text books it could be mentioned that East India company was infact "East-South Asia company" :lol: :lol:
:omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

RPK,

Serbia/Croatia/Bosnia/Macedonia/Montenegro/Kosovo are all different entities but for the world they are and ll always be the same.

Is the same story here.

and guess what he will call river "indus" ......."south a$$-us"

There are certain fact no one can ignore. Playing with words to satisfy ego ain't helping the cause. These are mere half boiled eggs who do not know how to respect their history and traditions.

LOL if they were so advance as claimed in article then why couldnt they name their kind? and country?

Hindu and Hindustan was the name given to them from Muslim who first visited this area for trade. Its a Geographical Definition.

Oh bhai Sahab..History padho... before Mughals named itHindustan ..and British named it India......My country was called "Bhāratavarṣa".

Read people read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharata_(emperor)

First answer me, r u a Pakistani or a false flagger?

You assumed I was Indian because I knew Indus river and India's local name and their Mahabharata? lool which Pakistani doesn't know this (well the ones who watch Bollywood anyway)?

Buddy I don't need to answer sh*t! Just couple of hours ago I was called Indian and looked down upon because my grandparents are Mohajirs. :angry: Then you tell me what should stop me from acting like an Indian?

I've always been your proud Pakistani. Go through my posts, get mods to check my IP address, they will all scream PAKISTANI! But I don't have anything to prove. Good knows. :/

There are certain fact no one can ignore. Playing with words to satisfy ego ain't helping the cause. These are mere half boiled eggs who do not know how to respect their history and traditions.
just leave him. i m sure he is a nice guy.
u n I both know that they are a little finicky when they are being associated with anything indian. he tried to stress this very fact but got the way wrong.
to @RangerPK from all of us here, please dont be offended. we are all having a little light time.....at ur (south asian) expense.

Back
Top Bottom