What's new

Arab descriptions of early medieval South Asia

Oh bhai Sahab..History padho... before Mughals named itHindustan ..and British named it India......My country was called "Bhāratavarṣa".

Read people read: Bharata (emperor) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are misinformed:

India: It was one of name of This country... Long before brits Yunan(greece) use to call us by this name..
Hindusthan: was not name given by Muslims, rather Zorastharian (Persian) Muslim didn't exist that time...
BharatVarsha, Aryavrat was also name of India..

thanks to all muslims for that.
the same muslims also killed, burnt, plundered, raped the ancestors of this land.
except for akbar and dara shikoh, and sher shah suri to some extent, all muslim rulers were marauders and behaved like petty burglars who had to fill up their coffers n run back to central asia.

Weak in history ?

All Muslims invaders were not plunderers !
All Afghan invaders i.e (from north west of sub continent) were plunderers.

See both groups had different reason of coming to the subcontinent.

Muhammad Bin Qasim's sojourn is a mere expedition,a succesful one.

Entries were always from the North West.

Weak in history ?

All Muslims invaders were not plunderers !
All Afghan invaders i.e (from north west of sub continent) were plunderers.

See both groups had different reason of coming to the subcontinent.

yes, i m weak in history but mind is not tied up.

yes, all the muslim invaders were not plunderers, but they were invaders all the same. and according to the english language, what do the invaders do ??? they invade, they plunder, they rape, they convert local ppl etc etc.

yes well no need to counter that !!!!! we both are at the same view point here.:cheers:

history is history , please dont mix it up with the present. its natural for me to hate those uncivilized hordes as they laid waste to my homeland (just bcoz they had better swords and an unquenchable thirst to kill n plunder).
it doesnt mean the present day muslims are in anyway bad just bcoz some muslim hordes invaded india centuries ago.

yes, i m weak in history but mind is not tied up.

yes, all the muslim invaders were not plunderers, but they were invaders all the same. and according to the english language, what do the invaders do ??? they invade, they plunder, they rape, they convert local ppl etc etc.

yes well no need to counter that !!!!! we both are at the same view point here.:cheers:

history is history , please dont mix it up with the present. its natural for me to hate those uncivilized hordes as they laid waste to my homeland (just bcoz they had better swords and an unquenchable thirst to kill n plunder).
it doesnt mean the present day muslims are in anyway bad just bcoz some muslim hordes invaded india centuries ago.
Exactly the point. Very well versed.

It's so sad to see that Indians are so insecure about their past that they have to try to show off any culture they had on a Pakistani forum. Truly pathetic. But then again, this is the same land that lived like animals before the invasions from Europe

It's so sad to see that Indians are so insecure about their past that they have to try to show off any culture they had on a Pakistani forum. Truly pathetic. But then again, this is the same land that lived like animals before the invasions from Europe
well since u came just now n its obvious u didnt bother to go through the posts so i shall have the audacity to enlighten u what happened which caused this "show off"
some pakistani members "playfully" ridiculed india's name and even added that hindustan was the name given by persians/arab muslims etc etc.
indian members (as usual) mistook trolling for curiosity and tried to remove any misconceptions.
...and this "try" became a "show off" for you. i dont know how thats pathetic. if u can defend ur 65 yr old identity with much fanfare and pomp, then what crime we committed that we cant avail the same generosity from ur side ???
ok ok fine ...ur history dates from bin qasim.....fine we shall go back to the days of prophet Muhammad (PBUH)......our land ie india still had the identity , culture, and religion long before ur civilization dawned upon the face of the earth. then it was called something, now its called something else.....but the diaspora , essentially is the same.

well since u came just now n its obvious u didnt bother to go through the posts so i shall have the audacity to enlighten u what happened which caused this "show off"
some pakistani members "playfully" ridiculed india's name and even added that hindustan was the name given by persians/arab muslims etc etc.
indian members (as usual) mistook trolling for curiosity and tried to remove any misconceptions.
...and this "try" became a "show off" for you. i dont know how thats pathetic. if u can defend ur 65 yr old identity with much fanfare and pomp, then what crime we committed that we cant avail the same generosity from ur side ???
ok ok fine ...ur history dates from bin qasim.....fine we shall go back to the days of prophet Muhammad (PBUH)......our land ie india still had the identity , culture, and religion long before ur civilization dawned upon the face of the earth. then it was called something, now its called something else.....but the diaspora , essentially is the same.

I've been around this forum almost as long as you, and it's always been the same. Both sides troll each other, and both then proceed to show-off their identity. These threads are then trolled by the same trolls, and the process is repeated. The best response is to ignore the trolls and be secure enough to know your identity.

And if we go to claims through religion, we could claim the first person, in our view, was Muslim. :omghaha

So yeah, let's forget about how old it is. Not to forget that we share the same history, the only difference is that ours has a touch of Islamic civilisation mixed with the Indian part

I've been around this forum almost as long as you, and it's always been the same. Both sides troll each other, and both then proceed to show-off their identity. These threads are then trolled by the same trolls, and the process is repeated. The best response is to ignore the trolls and be secure enough to know your identity.
baat to aapne sahi kahee. par agar yahaan aap jaise log bhi to kam (less) hai na ki trolling kam ho aur discussion zyada :police: waise main forum ki baat nahi is thread ke baare me bol rahaa tha

And if we go to claims through religion, we could claim the first person, in our view, was Muslim. :omghaha
lol...same here in hinduism. we all are so myopic we dont even want to listen to others' point of view.

So yeah, let's forget about how old it is. Not to forget that we share the same history, the only difference is that ours has a touch of Islamic civilisation mixed with the Indian part
if only i could show this post to each and every pakistani , indian and bangladeshi. in one simple sentence u have captured best of both the worlds. and it even gets better...coz its true

uttaraṃ yatsamudrasya himādreścaiva dakṣiṇam
varṣaṃ tadbhārataṃ nāma bhāratī yatra santatiḥ

"The country (varṣam) that lies north of the ocean and south of the snowy mountains is called Bhāratam; there dwell the descendants of Bharata."

From which book is this hymn from ??

Haplogroup R1b / R1a
Y-Haplogroup_R1_distribution.png

50% of North indian men have direct Indo-european ancestry, same thing goes for Iran and Pakistan and other 'Aryan' descended peoples.

Proto-indo-european religions/cultures share many common elements that can lead a people to greatness.
Italic (Roman empire), Celtic (British/America/USA), Slavic (USSR), Germanic (German Empire/British Empire/USA), Hellenic (Greeks in their many eras), Hindus (Indus-valley civilization).

A study was also undertaken on Pakistani boys in 2009. Young male children, who belonged to haplogroups R1a or R2, showed more signs of aggression and dominance as children than did young pakistanis of other haplgroups (mainly to hg G, H, J2, and L).
The logic behind testing children is that adults have learned to exhibit more acceptable behaviour due to education and cultural controls. Being aggressive does not just mean being prone to violent behaviour, but also being verbally aggressive, argumentative, uncooperative, stubborn/obstinate, and having a generally more competitive attitude towards others.

Razib Khan and Zack Ajmal both belong to haplogroup R1a.
R1a1a conquers the world…in a few pulses? : Gene Expression

If you want India to be great, start annihilating non-indo european ethnic minorities.

:hitwall: is irritating to watch people spew cr@p on things they know nothing about

Please explain in english?

You assumed I was Indian because I knew Indus river and India's local name and their Mahabharata? lool which Pakistani doesn't know this (well the ones who watch Bollywood anyway)?

Buddy I don't need to answer sh*t! Just couple of hours ago I was called Indian and looked down upon because my grandparents are Mohajirs. :angry: Then you tell me what should stop me from acting like an Indian?

I've always been your proud Pakistani. Go through my posts, get mods to check my IP address, they will all scream PAKISTANI! But I don't have anything to prove. Good knows. :/

Well there is no short coming of people who claim they r Pakistanis but actually do things which severely dent the interests n ideology of Pakistan.

U a Mohajir or not, but the reality is that now yr born n brought up in Pakistan, this is yr land n yr home country now.
Where yr ancestors used to live is irrelevant in this 21st century.

So now anyone who asks u that where yr from be in Pak or elsewhere say him proudly that yr from land of pure n please dont say yr a mohajir or indian.

Thanks.

Oh bhai Sahab..History padho... before Mughals named itHindustan ..and British named it India......My country was called "Bhāratavarṣa".

Read people read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharata_(emperor)

Mughals came in this region very late!!!

Mughals de-thrown Ibrahim Lodhi who was a Muslim Leader.

Im talking about even before that era when the initial Muslims came here for trade from Hijaz.

And wiki is not a Source for gaining right knowledge.

who are u to give certificates on validity?

The language is super alive and is not like Urdu a mish mash mix of everything and nothing.

Nobody is giving any certificate but if u come out of yr bharat matta then u will know not many people universally believe it as Word of God even the educated hindus also dont follow it anymore.

We r proud of this language called Urdu because of this very reason that it is a mixture of many local languages n it binds people in it. It represents every language,race,cultures n plays a part of a bridge b/w them for communication n its no where close to being dead and for yr info it is now 4th biggest language spoken n understood worldwide.

Now what about Sanskrit?
Tell me any country who has it as its national language?
Even Indian prefer hindi.
And how many in the world speak n understand this language?
Close of none or maybe 0.5-0.1%.

Yes son, There was nothing before Muslim religion was formed by a person name Muhammad..

Arian came to a country called "Inida" and wrote the book named "Indica" much before concept of allah exist, even much before monotheism exist..

The Arabic system what you refer as (0-9) is nothing but Indian number system, which was spread to west by Arabs.. Even the story of great flood was copied from Indian mythology.

Ever heard of Mahajanpad?? Oh! I forgot, there was nothing on earth before Islam was founded..

Read some good history book. Human civilization started 100,000 year ago, it doesn;t start from foundation of Islam...

Dude the first person who set fool on this Word was Adam n he was messengers of All Mighty Allah.
He preached the Teachings of Islam.
Allah All Mighty sent 1 lakh 24000 messengers in this world time to time for different nations n tribes. Prophet Muhammad is Last n Final of those Prophets.

Yr religion is also one of them n if u compare islam(which is now the latest form of Religion from God) n hinduism they r very similar.

Back
Top Bottom