What's new

Apple iPhone 5 Launched :)

you must have used window mobile 6.0 apollo 8 and the win phone 7 fullfills all the needs I mean why should we stick with that damn same icons design of iphone 0S 123456. I used windows phone 7 and i don't see how it is a fail OS what is it that makes it fail please list them if you are referring to Apps then i really don't know how many thousand Apps are you requiring to install on a single windows 7 phone device.

Just off the top of my head

1) lack of apps

2) lack of aftermarket support

3) more difficult to navigate than android/iOS

4) almost no good phones (the lumia is pretty much the only good phone that uses Windows mobile)

5) the security of windows is questionable given Microsoft's past.

6) no flash support (this is a big issue)

7) no on device encription

8) not a good choice for people who own businesses, due to the functionality of the phones (android and even iOS are better).

9) the cost of the lumia is the same as the iphone/samsung galaxy S3 (which are both MUCH better phones feature wise)

10) Last but not least, I hate the way Windows phones operate, the tiles look hideous, and the overall operation is clunky.

Also on the lumia, the power button is really easy to accidentally trigger which can be a real pain in the rear end.

applications ''apk files'' that can be dowloaded for android are limitless, customizable, free/hacked --- this is the only restriction i see for the nokia phone which otherwise is very beautiful -- playing flash content is as important as having a good camera -- in the window phone , there is no ''menu'' or ''preview'' differentiation as in the case of android where we have 7 preview pages and a separate one long app list

1) lack of apps.

Oh, yeah?! 100,000 are not enough? And they are growing fast.

And don't tell us about Tiles being ugly. They are very easy to use. I have been using Windows Phone since November 2010 and simply love it. I did get frustrated by a lack of a VPN client and bought an Galaxy Note, which provided the functionality. But frankly Windows Phone worked for me better and so I took a loss and Ebayed the Note. Note was good but didn't work for me.
I can't wait for a larger form-factor Windows 8 phone comes out. With VPN and a better Remote Desktop application, I will be all set!
I will say though: Microsoft sucks in marketing!

Oh, yeah?! 100,000 are not enough? And they are growing fast.

And don't tell us about Tiles being ugly. They are very easy to use. I have been using Windows Phone since November 2010 and simply love it. I did get frustrated by a lack of a VPN client and bought an Galaxy Note, which provided the functionality. But frankly Windows Phone worked for me better and so I took a loss and Ebayed the Note. Note was good but didn't work for me.
I can't wait for a larger form-factor Windows 8 phone comes out. With VPN and a better Remote Desktop application, I will be all set!
I will say though: Microsoft sucks in marketing!

No worries, I didn't mean it to be offensive, everyone has their personal preference and that is fine with me. Of anything, I think it is great that there is more competition in the marketplace, it lights a fire under the backsides of manufacturers and lets us consumers get better products for better prices. How could anyone not love that?

1) lack of apps

2) lack of aftermarket support

3) more difficult to navigate than android/iOS

4) almost no good phones (the lumia is pretty much the only good phone that uses Windows mobile)

5) the security of windows is questionable given Microsoft's past.

6) no flash support (this is a big issue)

7) no on device encription

8) not a good choice for people who own businesses, due to the functionality of the phones (android and even iOS are better).

9) the cost of the lumia is the same as the iphone/samsung galaxy S3 (which are both MUCH better phones feature wise)

10) Last but not least, I hate the way Windows phones operate, the tiles look hideous, and the overall operation is clunky.

Also on the lumia, the power button is really easy to accidentally trigger which can be a real pain in the rear end.

Why is lack of Apps bothering you is it the iphone App store syndrome that you caught if "they have it why not we have it" believe me or try to check yourself more 35% of Apple Apps are crap or are in android but not in window phone market place the reason is Microsoft is not including crap apps and Apple-Andriod are including them. I mean most of the Apps developers can make compatible Apps for different platforms its not hard simply crap apps have been rejected strictly in windows app store.

What sort of after market support are you looking for pretty much all after market supports are the same. I experienced terrible and worst support for macbook air so i conclude iphone support is the same and yes the famous iphone low reception after market support is 90% never resolved.

You are clearly mistaken its easy to navigate.

Phones were not released because Microsoft had certain restriction towards windows phone 7 OS, Microsoft said Apollo 8 will have all the support and good hardware device needs that is why Samsung has also announced to release a product either SG III based for win phone 8.

Yes but so far we have seen the security issues with iOS and Andriod :)

There is alternative to flash.

device encryption coming to Apollo 8 Windows phone

What exact functionality makes it no business phone when mr. ballmer and team and nokia heads are using windows Phones the business leaders why would common businesses consider is not a good choice please explain...ballmer is not a dumb CEO.

Then you need to contact nokia for pricing don't blame Microsoft. Nokia has much better image-camera quality specially the latest products obviously 12MP phone does carry price against 8-9mp.

Operations of windows phone7 is very liquid smooth Tiles are active and smooth and keeps you up to date i don't know why you would want that same old damn icons standing there like in iphone ios even google is thinking of a massive changes to andriod.

It was the same with iphone 3gs-4 they were even defective maybe you can't handle your device properly.

out of all these options.. they went for the bigger screen. :hitwall:

Apple will end up same fate as Motorola.

so much for their $100B floating around getting wasted or sleeping in the Apple Bank Account. They couldn't invest a $500M on something that could be equally good as SG III.

Why is lack of Apps bothering you is it the iphone App store syndrome that you caught if "they have it why not we have it" believe me or try to check yourself more 35% of Apple Apps are crap or are in android but not in window phone market place the reason is Microsoft is not including crap apps and Apple-Andriod are including them. I mean most of the Apps developers can make compatible Apps for different platforms its not hard simply crap apps have been rejected strictly in windows app store.

What sort of after market support are you looking for pretty much all after market supports are the same. I experienced terrible and worst support for macbook air so i conclude iphone support is the same and yes the famous iphone low reception after market support is 90% never resolved.

You are clearly mistaken its easy to navigate.

Phones were not released because Microsoft had certain restriction towards windows phone 7 OS, Microsoft said Apollo 8 will have all the support and good hardware device needs that is why Samsung has also announced to release a product either SG III based for win phone 8.

Yes but so far we have seen the security issues with iOS and Andriod :)

There is alternative to flash.

device encryption coming to Apollo 8 Windows phone

What exact functionality makes it no business phone when mr. ballmer and team and nokia heads are using windows Phones the business leaders why would common businesses consider is not a good choice please explain...ballmer is not a dumb CEO.

Then you need to contact nokia for pricing don't blame Microsoft. Nokia has much better image-camera quality specially the latest products obviously 12MP phone does carry price against 8-9mp.

Operations of windows phone7 is very liquid smooth Tiles are active and smooth and keeps you up to date i don't know why you would want that same old damn icons standing there like in iphone ios even google is thinking of a massive changes to andriod.

It was the same with iphone 3gs-4 they were even defective maybe you can't handle your device properly.

1) Lack of apps, is never a good thing. For one there is the obvious reason, you have less selection, secondly trends tend to follow the present. If a phone doesn't have a lot of developers that support it, it doesn't tend to increase in the future. I may not use all apps, but if I need one it is there.

2) I think you misunderstood what the actual meaning of "aftermarket" is. "Aftermarket" means any accesory that is sold separately from the manufacturer. i.e. stereos, cables, etc. Apple currently has the strongest aftermarket support followed by Android. Windows phones such as the Nokia, have almost no support. This can be a big issue. For example, Pioneer stereos only support Android and iOS for their high end stereos. If you have a windows based phone you can't use their app radios, or stream 4g to your headunit.

3) This is a matter of personal preference, as I said above, everyone has their personal tastes, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

4) That is besides the point, the bottom line is the bottom line. There are not very many good phones for Windows mobile (the nokia is the only halfway decent phone currently available IMO)

5) iOS and Android have had their issues, but Microsoft has always been notoriously terrible when it comes to security.

6) Alternatives, yes, but they aren't good ones. The majority of sites use flash (even this forum) not having flash capability is just ridiculous in this day and age.

7) Again, it doesn't really matter if it is coming, the bottom line is that it doesn't have it right now.

8) I don't know how to explain this to you, it is a variety of reasons that only someone who runs a business could understand. I personally use a blackberry for business, because that is the best business phone IMO (even though it is a bit outdated) for business it is the best, hands down.

9) Nokia has always been expensive, they have to be to turn a profit, because they don't sell well. Nokia does not have better camera imaging. First off, the Galaxy S3 was rated as "best camera" second of all, megapixels have absolutely no correlation with picture quality. MP= the size of the picture you are taking. Unless you are making a huge picture, big MP counts are worthless.

10) Again this is all personal preference, everyone has their favored way of doing it. Some people like blondes, some like brunettes, some like redheads. Same thing here, everyone likes their own flavor of doing things.

11) Have to disagree with you here, I never had that issue. What is the "proper" way to handle a device? It is either sitting in my pocket, in my hand, or on my dash holder. If I have to change the way I do things so that the phone works properly, that is a major design flaw. No two ways about it.

Like I was saying before, these are just my opinions, I respect everyone personal preferences, and I like that there is more competition in the market. It is only good for everyone that the companies are fighting. I think the reason emotions run so high is that everyone spent $600+ on their phones and wants to believe theirs is the "best" :P

well apple working less on innovations and more on suing microsoft/samsung on silly patents issues and it prove their fear of competitions :p:D

9) Nokia has always been expensive, they have to be to turn a profit, because they don't sell well. Nokia does not have better camera imaging. First off, the Galaxy S3 was rated as "best camera" second of all, megapixels have absolutely no correlation with picture quality. MP= the size of the picture you are taking. Unless you are making a huge picture, big MP counts are worthless.

Well its fact that Nokia n8 is still champion of still image because of its powerful xenon flash but hey Samsung Galaxy Camera is coming soon :P

16 MP, autofocus, 21x optical zoom, pop-up Xenon flash, AF light
Features Wide-angle 23mm lens, geo-tagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, optical image stabilization
Video Yes, 1080p@30fps, 720x480@120fps

Samsung Galaxy Camera - Full phone specifications

Hey is it true Iphone 5 16GB is for 199$...? Can someone please make it sure

Back
Top Bottom