What's new

Apple iPhone 5 Launched :)

I'll pass, waiting for this :P

A2pxBbLCcAA49l4.jpg

Then i wonder how huge will be Galaxy Note by this time...lol

Apple haters, I'm back.... :angry:

Can't seem to choose which thread to troll. Any ideas? What has Zarvan been doing today??? :smokin:

The new IPhone 5

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Talon, what's up? Any interesting thread today that we can all troll as a group?

For someone who has had the Iphone 3G for ~4 years now and has been waiting to upgrade for ~18 months now I have to say I was annoyed last year when after a 18 month delay (breaking form the 12 month cycle) Apple brought out one a souped up version of the 4 and not the Iphone 5 as had been expected. But after ANOTHER 12 months beyond that let down I am utterly dismayed by the Iphone 5 which is just another souped up IPhone 4 in all honesty. The new capabilites are nothing specail and the phone as a whole is not as desirable as it has been in the past given the competion has really stepped it up. I had been looking at the NOTE 1 since I heard about it a few months ago and love the screen size but thought I'd wait and see what the IPhone 5 looked like and hope against hope that the rumours were inaccurate or underestimating the upgrade but no the changes are minimal to say the least.

So I am at a loss- my heart says IPhone 5- I love the simplicity, the layout, the IPod side to it but my head says for the money you can get the NOTE 2 which has everything and more I want from a phone. My dad has just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 and whiltst the screen is very impressive and the speed great to me it just feels cheap and I really don't like the Android Operating system (but I'm sure within a few hours I could get used to it).

I have a feeling my heart will win out.....

I will buy the Note 2 or if a new Nexus phone comes along.

Good to see a sane person like @Asim staying away from this latest over-hyped, sub-par Apple toy.

More need to wake up to Apple's deceptions. If we don't then we will be driving Apple cars, buying Apple fridges... Okay, may not not that far but Apple is already planning to capture the interactive television market--and it just might.

We should never give so much power, media, money, and lack of criticism to any company in the world! And especially to a greedy company like Jobs--who never bothered about charity much, unlike Gates. Apple is for the wannabes and hipsters. Too bad even poors can't resist the marketing onslaught and peer pressure and some times buy Apple.

The only reason I stick to Iphones is their simplicity in modding... as opposed to an Android Homebrew.. the Iphone can be customized easily.
Moreover.. it works with this in my car.. something no Android offers yet.

And Ive modded even that.. to make it use navigation in Pakistan.. along with playing games on the screen.
All without ever picking up my iphone from the cradle..
So till android comes up with that.. sorry.. Ill stick to the iphone.

Its on Android too

AppRadio 2 (SPH-DA100) - In-Dash iPhone® 4/4S and Android™ Compatible Car Receiver with 7" Capacitive Multi-Touch Screen, Built-In Bluetooth for Hands-Free Calling, and On-Screen Access to Compatible Smartphone Apps | Pioneer Electronics US - which means compatible with hundreds of devices now.

Asim, what will be the general price range in UAE?

I searched on apple website, but it says that cheapest version is for 199$, which is 730 AED< and top version 399$, which is around 1500 AED i think. There is some condition on it though.

While the Galaxy SIII is 2500 AED.

The only reason I stick to Iphones is their simplicity in modding... as opposed to an Android Homebrew.. the Iphone can be customized easily.
Moreover.. it works with this in my car.. something no Android offers yet.

And Ive modded even that.. to make it use navigation in Pakistan.. along with playing games on the screen.
All without ever picking up my iphone from the cradle..
So till android comes up with that.. sorry.. Ill stick to the iphone.

I am no tech guru, but my cousin is, and he just transforms his Galaxy nexus all the time, overclock etc etc. He changes the speed and all with much ease, and according to him the Iphone is much more rigid and does not allow the flexibility that Android offers.

Good to see a sane person like @Asim staying away from this latest over-hyped, sub-par Apple toy.

More need to wake up to Apple's deceptions. If we don't then we will be driving Apple cars, buying Apple fridges... Okay, may not not that far but Apple is already planning to capture the interactive television market--and it just might.

We should never give so much power, media, money, and lack of criticism to any company in the world! And especially to a greedy company like Jobs--who never bothered about charity much, unlike Gates. Apple is for the wannabes and hipsters. Too bad even poors can't resist the marketing onslaught and peer pressure and some times buy Apple.

Well there is the political factor too behind my choice but mainly its because of lack of innovation.

4" screen is too small for today's phone, maybe if Iphone 5 had come out last year with these specs it would have been respectable.

Right now all they have working for them is a respectable PPI Pixels per inch. But they are on a screen with lesser inches so technologically its not much of a big deal.

With the S3 and Note 2 catching up on pixel density and screen resolution - the main deciding factor now is performance - where S3 and Note 2 win by miles, there are Apps where now Android outperforms IOS and then there is the choice between Jelly Bean vs IOS6. IOS6 has some minor modifications to it only - still no widgets. You still have to open an App to tell the temperature in various cities, or see how your stock is performing.

And you still have very rudimentary actions on all your notifications. Suppose you get an SMS, you have to click OPEN to mark it read even though you get it on your screen and you HAVE read it. Little UI things. Apple hasn't changed the phone since the 1st Iphone, basically.

You know how people say I like Apple for its simplicity? This sort of thinking got Nokia too. People remain a "simple" smartphone user for say an Year. People of all ages can do a lot of things with phones once they get a hang of things. Eventually people want to stop doing dumb things on smart phones.

Asim, what will be the general price range in UAE?

I searched on apple website, but it says that cheapest version is for 199$, which is 730 AED< and top version 399$, which is around 1500 AED i think. There is some condition on it though.

That is contractual price. In UAE there is a trend to buy the phone. So it will be about AED 3000 and will at max drop to AED 2500

While the Galaxy SIII is 2500 AED.
From the malls...

Buy from online sources and it will be like under AED 2000.

I am no tech guru, but my cousin is, and he just transforms his Galaxy nexus all the time, overclock etc etc. He changes the speed and all with much ease, and according to him the Iphone is much more rigid and does not allow the flexibility that Android offers.

You can download the Android source and make your own Android version - maybe Android Shawerma :). Once the source code is public anything can be done and it can be installed on ANY device as long as compatible drivers are freely available. Which for Nexus phones they are - Samsung, well hacked ones are, people are bugging Samsung to release the official ones.

I did not like iPhone 5 by pictures... Apple simply lacks innovation after Steve Jobs passed away and now earning from Samsung by dragging them to courts :rofl: and from crazy fanboys who still are loyal to apple for "unknown reason" although I would still agree to the fact that iPhone's screen is the best screen available in terms of sharpness / brightness and the gaming experience has never been better. These two advantages are still attracting customers and besides that it's all about android.

---------

Forget iPhone for a day ---- buy Macbook Pro with retina display... Best Internet machine I ever used in my life.

Apple is market leader in laptops ---- and really really far ahead... After 12 years, I really liked a laptop machine with I feel is bundled with plenty of innovations and better User Experience.

Phones main ab apple woh nahi jab iphone 2, 3 or 4 launch howa thaa to innovative lagta thaa

You can download the Android source and make your own Android version - maybe Android Shawerma :). Once the source code is public anything can be done and it can be installed on ANY device as long as compatible drivers are freely available. Which for Nexus phones they are - Samsung, well hacked ones are, people are bugging Samsung to release the official ones.

Yeah. That is the thing I like about Android. Flexibility.

It is much more innovative, than the iOS.

This will be downfall of Apple now, atleast for the Iphone. All that Iphone has is the marketing department. They do a really good job of over-hyping their products.

Appleheads ....

I like the word.Apple heads!!!:lol:

Well what do you know, Iphone 5 has only a nano-SIM compatibility, is there a Nano-SIM available in Pak?

Back
Top Bottom