What's new

Apple iPhone 5 Launched :)

I'm going to stick with my ThunderBolt until Iphone really comes up with something worth spending money on. Although my upgrade is due so if someone here wants to get there hands on Iphone 5 64GB, i can buy it and sell it to you for $900.
htc-thunderbolt.jpg

Hey is it true Iphone 5 16GB is for 199$...? Can someone please make it sure

$199.00 and you pay Carrier monthly the hidden charges are deducted there together by Apple and Carrier like AT&T or any other on contract.

$199.00 and you pay Carrier monthly the hidden charges are deducted there together by Apple and Carrier like AT&T or any other on contract.
Try buying without a plan with any carrier. First of all you won't find anyone selling it, if you do. Then they wont sell it under $1000.

$199 is for 16 GB
$299 is for 32 GB
$399 is for 64 GB
+WITH 2 Years contract.

I only want $500 for a phone which won't be sold without a contract with anyone. $900 is reasonal price if you really want the phone.

Its annoying that even Iphone 4 cost same as that of galaxy S3 when specification of S 3 are equal if not more than Iphone 5

The power of marketing. Of relentless bombardment in the media. Of Apple's Jehovah's Witnesses constantly preaching Apple to the unconverted. Of 'AAPL' stock-holders swarming the weblogs. Of journalists in Apple's good graces. Of keeping up with the Joneses...

We should dread the total dominance of Apple!

Here in Pakistan, a few shop owners told me that iphone may be over 1 lac :frown: which you ask me is way too expensive for a fone of its features and specs.

Here in Pakistan, a few shop owners told me that iphone may be over 1 lac :frown: which you ask me is way too expensive for a fone of its features and specs.

Imagine what kind of irrational mind would want to buy something so expensive when comparable phones are available much cheaper? This is sheer stupidity!
I can't imagine any need fulfilled by buying a phone in a poor country like Pakistan for Rs. 100,000+ (approx. $1100) other than to 'impress' others!
Apple: You have truly fooled millions! You have made people make decisions against their own economic interests. You are the ultimate evil in technology!!!

Imagine what kind of irrational mind would want to buy something so expensive when comparable phones are available much cheaper? This is sheer stupidity!
I can't imagine any need fulfilled by buying a phone in a poor country like Pakistan for Rs. 100,000+ (approx. $1100) other than to 'impress' others!
Apple: You have truly fooled millions! You have made people make decisions against their own economic interests. You are the ultimate evil in technology!!!
Remember back in the days when the developers were not lazy?

Just off the top of my head

1) lack of apps
To be fair, if people used it, there would be apps for it eventually. Vicious cycle to say we won't use it till it doesn't have apps and apps builders won't build apps till it has more users.

Although some apps like Augmented reality view is pretty cool. For example I can turn my camera onto Dubai's Skyline and name each and every building. The next time I take the cam onto the tallest building it will point out that this is Burj Khalifa. Its got some useful applications, - go to a cricket game, pull out your phone and it will point out from far which player is who just by looking at it through the cam.

2) lack of aftermarket support
Actually MS and Nokia both have decent support

3) more difficult to navigate than android/iOS
That's a UI issue and may just mean getting used to it.

4) almost no good phones (the lumia is pretty much the only good phone that uses Windows mobile)
They have had competing phones out there all throughout... And not the fault of MS.

5) the security of windows is questionable given Microsoft's past.
MS's security flaws are overplayed. They have the highest number of installations in the world, hence the highest number of viruses and rootkits are written for it.

6) no flash support (this is a big issue)
Not there in IOS either and Adobe has withdrawn support for Android too. The future is with HTML5. Although it has RIA support of Silverlight, so Apps can still be built for it.

The game is wide open and I would like to see Lumia compete. We don't want to replace Apple with Samsung. Ideal scenario for me would be Apple, Samsung/LG, HTC, Google/Motorolla M, Nokia, Sony, RIM all compete at the same level and I think they all are slowly getting closer.

Apple gives best screens, Samsung gives Power, HTC gives excellent UI, Google gives timely updates, Nokia is leader on the Windows phone format, Sony - Multimedia, RIM -- well BBM, I guess.

S3 is like fifty thousand (adha lac)

5) the security of windows is questionable given Microsoft's past.

Now that's is the extreme limit of ignorance, MS has been working the hardest, and has the most security related experience than linux or apple combined, because of the huge number of installations most hackers only care about that, and due to that reason more flaws are exposed and have a chance to get fixed. But since no one bothers to hack other OSs, they don't know how to deal with and what their weknesses could be IF and WHEN someone tries to attack them, they're practically helpless. Also, I always say, the best anti-virus is common sense. Secondly, iOS and android are more common so more hackers, and unlike MS they don't have the experience to deal with it.

It will be a cold day in hell before I pay the equivalant of 1 lac rupee, than again I would not buy an iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom