What's new

APCs,Anti tank tracked & wheeled systems

i dont think its burraq (second pic is the isreali CAT) i herd burraq ll be at least a meter high chassi which ll be 30 degree V shaped and a larger engin block which ll be heavily armoured

Lol, looks like someone armored an old VW bus. I almost expect camoflaged hippys to pop out.

Nice engineering made by which turkey or pakistan

Al-Fahd - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Saudi Arabia, here is the IFV version.

271607021OhgqDm_ph.jpg

08bj3rf

s4vzg6.png
Burraq.jpg

MRAP: Burraq

The second pic is not burraq MPV....... Look closely at the windows n the back tyres......... and the turret for the gunner which is also absent in the second pic..........Heck even the design is different..

On topic here is LAV the one i talked about:
2iw6539.jpg

A few more:
2m6a8et.jpg

28hicft.jpg

1fzb7c.jpg

PIFV,M113A2 with 2 RRs, talha with quad Anzas n anti aircraft guns....

1 of these r also parked outside an army installation in multan cantt.. i can post picks if u want??

i thought this thread was abt sub continent... not the whole world.

Stryker
Stryker_ATGM_Anti-Tank_Armoured_Vehicle_USA_03.jpg
Stryker_wire_cage_US_Army_01.jpg

A. Infantry Carrier Vehicle B. Command Vehicle C. Mobile Gun System D. Fire Support Vehicle E. Medical Evacuation F. Mortar Carrier
G. Engineer Squad Vehicle H. Anti-Tank Guided Missile I. NBC Reconnaissance J. Reconnaissance Vehicle
SoldierTech_Stryker1.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Heavy casualties from roadside bomb attacks during anti-Taliban operations have led Pakistan's state-owned Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) to increase vehicle protection and develop an indigenous mine-resistant, ambush-protected (MRAP) vehicle, the Burraq.

Military spokesmen have acknowledged the considerable casualties caused by improvised explosive devices (IEDs). This is echoed by South Asia analyst Brian Cloughley, who is familiar with some of the countermeasures employed.

"The Army's casualties from IEDs in [Khyber Pakhtunkhwa/Federally Administered Tribal Areas] began to increase in 2006, and countermeasures were taken, including local upgrades, less use of unarmored vehicles and introduction of more [armored personnel carriers] from the eastern frontier," he said.

He also said HIT concurrently increased production of the U.S. M113.

Initial efforts to counter the IED threat by acquiring MRAP vehicles from the U.S. were unsuccessful because of the high cost of overseas options, said Haris Khan of the Pakistan Military Consortium. Therefore, during the initial anti-Taliban operations, troop movements were carried out in soft-skinned vehicles (trucks and pick-ups), which offered no protection against small-arms, sniper, mine, IED and RPG-7 attacks.

The M113 was better protected but not the ideal response.

"The M113's armor doesn't provide much protection from small-arms' fire, never mind IEDs of the size that are now being employed by the insurgents," Cloughley said.

HIT responded by developing a lighter bar-armor package for fighting vehicles that has been fitted to the M113 and the Type-59II, which along with the Al-Zarrar tank, is used for mobile direct-fire support.

Earlier this month, at a conference organized by Defence iQ, a military forum, HIT chairman Lt. Gen. Ayyaz Salim Rana specifically cited Dragunov/SVD-armed snipers as a danger to the operators of turret-mounted heavy machine guns. In response, HIT developed a sheet-metal shelter to allow the heavy machine gun to be fired from under armor.

The Army also has deployed HIT's Mohafiz security vehicle, based on the British Land Rover Defender 110. The Mohafiz does not offer much protection against IEDs or mines. A slightly less armored variant of the Defender, the British Snatch vehicle, has been heavily criticized for its lack of protection in Afghanistan and Iraq.

To counter the IED/mine menace, HIT developed the Burraq, a four-wheel-drive MRAP first seen on state media briefly in February 2010.

Despite being denied the opportunity to publicly unveil the Burraq at the canceled IDEAS2010 show in December, HIT still refused to give any information. Still, Cloughley has praised it as "a step in the right direction." From his initial observations, Khan said, "it can accommodate at least eight or perhaps even 12 men," and probably weighs about 12 to 15 tons. He said the main benefit of the Burraq is its obvious V-shaped hull and raised compartment to protect the crew against mines and IEDs. He also said that, like the Mohafiz, it would provide "basic protection against 7.62mm armor-piercing bullets, though it may have the capacity to have additional armor fitted to withstand 14.5mm or even RPG-7 rounds."

He also observed that the Burraq used the same wheels as the Mohafiz, which perhaps indicates HIT tried to use as many existing subsystems from the smaller vehicle as possible to hurry the Burraq into service.

"It is certainly geared toward fighting in the rough terrain of northwest Pakistan," Cloughley said.
s4vzg6.png

Wildcat Armored Vehicle

wildcat_side_open.jpg

Bakhtar Shikan - Anti Tank

baktar_shikan-atmws.jpg

m113-mouz-image01.jpg

Some HongJian 8 (or Baktar Shikan) missiles were handed over to the Bosnian Muslim forces against Serbia Army in the early 1990s. The combat results showed that the missile had no difficulty in penetrating the front armour of the Serbia’s M-84 main battle tank.

Tactical and Technical Specifications of Baktar Shikan Anti Tank Missile
- Max Range: 5000 m
- Calibre: 152 mm
- Weight of the tube contained missile: 37 Kg
- Penetration: more than 1200 mm
- Elevation: ± 10°; azimuth: ± 200°
- High anti-jamming capability
- Command transmission distance: < 5.5 km
- Night fighting capability: detection, 4 km; recognition, > 2.5 km
- Mounted on vehicle and helicopter
- Complete technical support system

Thermal Imaging Sight: