What's new

APCs,Anti tank tracked & wheeled systems

well i dont see half of these are going to destroy tanks stryer and ot

TOW on Humvee
bsjeep.jpg

maybe this a way cheaper method!

Its not a Humvee, its a land rover defender

now that ive looked it up a bit , these vehicles are quite practical !

pretty much everybody messed up with the term 'tank destroyer'.pretty much all picture are IFVs with missile on top of it

a tank destroyer is a specific vehicle which is designed to meet specific role,that is to defeat enemy's heavy armor.i usually has big gun(>90mm),lightly armoured and fast(since mobility>protection in their book).a good example is french ERC-90 sagaie

however the trend for tank destroyer vehicle is pretty much died out anyway.modern warfare demands for vehicle which shares similar basic structure(part commonality and thus reducing cost) but can be upgraded for other tasks.not to mention that the use of ATGM which has better range,accuracy and lethality than cannon shell

From what I understand, the Stryker MGS is meant as an infantry fire support system, not a tank destroyer. It would be more effective in reducing defended strong points than taking on tanks.

so basically our apc dont come under tank destroyers criteria..

05pakistan.large2.jpg

Al-Talha
7_Med.jpg

Al-Sakb
800px-Sakb_APC_1_.jpg

Al-Hadeed
hadeedwj1.jpg

Its not obsolete but the new smart bombs , pose a great danger to all such vehicles from air in absence of SAM in pakistan army

There is lesser chance of head to head battle then a battle involving airforce vs Tanks

We live in an era where one airforce tries to wipe out other , and then goes after tanks from air, and then follow it up with their own tanks ... for decisive advantage ....

It never hurts to not have these missiles / anti tanks just in case you do get a scenario with tank vs tanks on ground

tank destroyers have not become obsolete; at least in subcontinent.

however their importance is reduced.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom