What's new

Anza Draws First Blood In Kargil

And its obvious you are biased against anything that does not meet your opinions.
So not an inch gained or lost.

So you still believe in this nobody knew about the operation except Musharraf fairy tale?

Really?

Nawaz was at home eating paya and had no clue? :disagree:

they were out side the reach of anza because it is a manpad and range is restricted Its a heat seaker you really cannot do nothing to heatseaker in terms of ECM just Flares if that even works most of the time it does not

"thank you come again":cheers:

Indians are in pain after they were reminded what happened in Kargil war & they are trying to find their way out of this with massive lies & propaganda.

So you still believe in this nobody knew about the operation except Musharraf fairy tale?

Really?

Nawaz was at home eating paya and had no clue? :disagree:

Everybody knew about it & Pak Army was doing very well in Kargil war but Mian Sahib screwed everything up by running to US & surrendering in table talks.

It was India who went running crying to US begging for help then puppet Mina sahib he surrendered. Only GOD knows how much Mian accepted.

I dont want to start a flame but my opinion is:
1. The ISI chief was Lt Gen Butt, a personal chum of Nawaz Sharif who dirctly reported to PM and who Mian sb later appointed as Army chief

2. There was alot of logistic movement of men and ammunation for this operation and the ISI head had to know of it, and if he didnt then he was the biggest nincompoop ever.

3. If he knew and chose not to tell PM then again who is to be blamed?

4. Other than ISI there are civil intelligence agencies also operating in Pakistan. We know that they all keep tabs on eachother so they could also be knowing.

I think Nawaz Sharif was in picture of the operation but chose to keep quiet and opted for wait and see so that he can have a win win situation.

its impossible that a PM of country does not know whats going-on hin his country.
if its true he is not able to be PM.
Pakistan saved a big big disaster by starting kargil. and leave indian media and pakistani media these things will not come in media. pakistan gain more from kargil .

Bullshit/bogus claims.......grapes r sour.

Grapes are sour indeed for you .

Why stop at engine trouble?

Why not blame the ISI.

ISI must have launched some birds up there. You know. It might be Hafiz Saeed or perhaps Wasim Akram?

Showing you the other side of story . Just because your military claims doesnot make it the truth and cannot be refuted by useless rant$ .

Indians are in pain after they were reminded what happened in Kargil war & they are trying to find their way out of this with massive lies & propaganda.

Everybody knew about it & Pak Army was doing very well in Kargil war but Mian Sahib screwed everything up by running to US & surrendering in table talks.

It was India who went running crying to US begging for help then puppet Mina sahib he surrendered. Only GOD knows how much Mian accepted.

I think you have read "in the line of fire" :sick:

p44s.jpg

IMagine anza on this WIth 2x4 launching barrels

Not a good thing to do IMO.

We were having problems with Mohafiz...by basing it on a Land Rover chassis.

Pakistan Marines can be seen firing Anza missiles amongst others, successfully scoring direct hits on Star Shells.

Last edited by a moderator:
But failed to score hits on aircrafts with some sort of ECMs, like Mirage 2000s or Mig-29s.
ECM for shoulder guided Missiles? ECM has little to do with Infra-Red seeker. ECM disturbs the target acquisition of radar seekers. Heat signature reduction and Flairs are better solution for MANPADs. Aside from that, MANPAD doesn't have the same window of opportunity as that of an A2A missile or even a SAM. Its fuel and reach is limited. Acceleration and Height would rather be better deterrence to MANPADs than ECM.

then its useless .. at least for time being. #droneattacks ;)

Yea I guess It is, but it was effective though and no dared crossed the LOC again, It is not deployed within the friendly borders or relaxed Borders only LOC and you have seen the results of it

"thank you come again" :cheers:

ECM for shoulder guided Missiles? ECM has little to do with Infra-Red seeker. ECM disturbs the target acquisition of radar seekers. Heat signature reduction and Flairs are better solution for MANPADs. Aside from that, MANPAD doesn't have the same window of opportunity as that of an A2A missile or even a SAM. Its fuel and reach is limited. Acceleration and Height would rather be better deterrence to MANPADs than ECM.

Flairs also come in ECM as a hole system bro.

And it depend on quality of seeker of missile & also quality of ECM too.

Yea I guess It is, but it was effective though and no dared crossed the LOC again, It is not deployed within the friendly borders or relaxed Borders only LOC and you have seen the results of it

"thank you come again" :cheers:

lol, I cannot understand that how Anza work on that. IF we really wann come in your territory, than we just need to scramble jet, they will fly at altitute of 10km and Anza can not do any thing .

lol, I cannot understand that how Anza work on that. IF we really wann come in your territory, than we just need to scramble jet, they will fly at altitute of 10km and Anza can not do any thing .

yup you are 100% right on that :cheers:

"thank you come again"

Indeed, but for some attack positions (like strafing the targets) aircraft has to come close on the target. These are the situations where MANPADs come handy. Kargil terrain is of such nature that high altitude bombing would have little impact or because IAF pilots were not expecting MANPADs (or even underestimating them). AFIAK, soon after this even IAF fleet did maintain a safe height.
Flairs also come in ECM as a hole system bro.

And it depend on quality of seeker of missile & also quality of ECM too.
Generally countermeasures are all consolidated under the umbrella of ECM. But technically ECM focuses on disturbing and manipulating the signals emitted by active devices (like radars). The purpose is to "misinform" the source of signal about the location of aircraft so that it may loose its guidance. IR, on the other hand, is a passive seeker since it uses optical warhead. Since passive seeker works by absorbing rather than emitting so the countermeasures for such systems are not technically called electronic counter measure.

Back
Top Bottom