What's new

Anyone in Sindh Objecting to KALA Bagh Dam? One more flood One more Year

Please google the “Pakistan Flood Control System” a presentation given to WAPDA when the PPP were in charge, after the 2010 floods. It’s a plan that deal with the floods and DOESN’T require the build of a dam at Kalabagh, addressing the neigh-sayers fearing the diversion of water by upstream users.

I’ve been an advocate for this project since first hearing of it, over 10 years ago at this point, and even put in the leg work. I tried to get it delivered to Nawaz Sharif when he was PM and visit New York fir the UN general assembly. I also brought it to IK’s team when IK was the PM and visiting New York for the UN general assembly.

Dam doesn't consume water or divert it. If Punjab wanted it wouldn't allow even drop of water to go to Sindh in winter/spring months. It would rather irrigate huge tract of Cholistan and Thal plains with it. And you don't need dam to do that. Like when Ayub Khan gave 3 eastern rivers to India and now only in flood/monsoon they receive water.

Now current situation isn't preventable as there is nowhere to divert water in monsoon. Only dams can store and that to small amount but maybe enough to not cause this devastation.

The future is dams to store water in flood season/monsoon and slowly release it in winter/spring. Tarbela dam for a month have been releasing more water then storing, I'm sure this have played role in floods around indus. With Basha dam and Kalabahg dam, there wouldn't be need to release so much water in monsoon and indus follow will be normal or at least not like today.

Will dams in upper areas prevent all floods? Not really because Balochistan doesn't have river but hill ********. But it will prevent or reduce floods around lower indus region.

Last edited:
It is a political gimmick. It is not like Sindh would dry up or that PeePeePee cares about a drought, brought on by "imaginary holding back of 💦". All studies indicate that Sindh would receive a bigger water flow, if water is allowed to be stored upstream. It is only political. Countries are moving towards "storing 100% river water" but we are stuck in this time loop because of these non-idiots.

Last edited:
We need DEVELOPMENT

We need to utilise our resources and minerals

ETHNOCENTRIC JAHILAT AND STUPIDITY have stopped development for years for bullshit like ancestral land

Now people are suffering

Maybe this suffering is what they need to knock some sense into them

It's high time we shift our focus from motorways towards dams and canals Pakistan also needs better urban planning there should be greater effort to build cities in Balochistan this should be one of our main goals which is population shift to Balochistan as its largely unoccupied.

Major major areas where we need canals are Balochistan, Thal Desert Punjab, Cholistan, and Bahawalnagar.

Blue- Canals in operation.
Red- Canals Should be Built
Light Blue- Major Rivers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220826-103959_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220826-103959_Maps.jpg
    895.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Pakistani Politicians from PDM (PML/PPP/JUI) tola enjoying a nice dinner in CN tower in Canada a pretty expensive place

The expensive CN tower , meal no problem Pakistani Executive daily meal is covered by the poor awam
That’s the CN tower restaurant last I ate it didn’t serve halal food but even if it did stolen money being used to buy zabiha food is still haram. It also is very expensive, 60-100 dollars or so per meal per person. Has any media house covered this? Geo would be having a filed day if it was PTI or IK. What is SS plan for this once in a decade floods inundating us? We have had crops get decimated in south Punjab and Sindh, the real problems are months away with inflation and imports of foods which we would have normally gotten from our soil. Thanks to Mir Bajwa for getting this incompetent government which can’t handle something we have been dealing with since our inception. Maybe the judges can give a ruling if funding to help our brothers in Pakistan is illegal or not?

All politics aside if you guys are aware of good trustworthy charities that won’t lead to Bajwa and his cabal of Raja rental getting richer please share so we can try to help our country.

Sorry to be rude and blunt but Sindh and Sindhis have always been a hurdle to a progressive Pakistan.

There is no water problem. There is only a people problem.

It’s Up to Sindhis peoples to sort out their PPP shit. Till then, Keep drowning yearly

It's not just Sindhi's, election engineering is done in GHQ. IK lost out over 40 seats in 2018
thanks to so called neutrals.

Who gave Zardari and ShaThief family NRO? Who backed MQM? Who got all these mix achar
party together to overthrow IK?

Bhutto and ShaThief family suits the so called neutrals because they are even bigger crooks.
Even next election will be rigged to keep these guys ruling, If the next election is free and fair
without intervention from Neutrals then PPP and PMLN will be wiped out.

Please google the “Pakistan Flood Control System” a presentation given to WAPDA when the PPP were in charge, after the 2010 floods. It’s a plan that deal with the floods and DOESN’T require the build of a dam at Kalabagh, addressing the neigh-sayers fearing the diversion of water by upstream users.

I’ve been an advocate for this project since first hearing of it, over 10 years ago at this point, and even put in the leg work. I tried to get it delivered to Nawaz Sharif when he was PM and visit New York fir the UN general assembly. I also brought it to IK’s team when IK was the PM and visiting New York for the UN general assembly.

So why did everyone oppose it?

During PPP govt 2008-2013,

Pakistan witnessed intense flooding throughout country in 2010:

That time Zardari was president and his cabinet was on trip to Europe while country and people were sinking in flood water

View attachment 873675

View attachment 873677

View attachment 873678

View attachment 873676

PPP is still takingjoy rides. A stop over in Paris, dinner at the CN tower, boat cruise at the Niagara falls...

Doesn't any one see a connection between having a flood one part of the year, and a water shortage in another part?:what:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom