What's new

Anyone in Sindh Objecting to KALA Bagh Dam? One more flood One more Year

To this day I don’t understand why kala bagh dam wasn’t agreed. Some of them who opposed this project are also in PTI and in the past Imran Khan was made to apologize for being pro-kala bagh dam by his own political party. 🤦‍♂️

Plans have been proposed but we need visionary and Bold leaders that are willing spend their political capital to prioritize water management ahead of nearly everything else.

Water management (including water treatment plants and aquifer replenishment boreholes) should help minimize waterborne diseases, expand arable land, allow people to continue to get water through current water distribution infrastructure such as Nulkas and canals, and minimize the amount of heavy metals in our water and the food the water is used to irrigate.
Nawaz Sharif had vision for kala bagh dam, motorway and Karachi as Dubai. Too bad, army didn’t support him.

I can understand his alleged corruptions but I was more interested in the projects that would have yielded better future of Pakistan was dented by political rivalry and castrating political party that would have put him on face of map hence posed threat to main establishments.

Nawaz Sharif had vision for kala bagh dam, motorway and Karachi as Dubai. Too bad, army didn’t support him.

Nawaja only had vision on how to expand his business empire and make his children billionaires.

To this day I don’t understand why kala bagh dam wasn’t agreed. Some of them who opposed this project are also in PTI and in the past Imran Khan was made to apologize for being pro-kala bagh dam by his own political party. 🤦‍♂️

I can understand his alleged corruptions but I was more interested in the projects that would have yielded better future of Pakistan was dented by political rivalry and castrating political party that would have put him on face of map hence posed threat to main establishments.
I too overlooked the allegations against Nawaz Sharif and even tried to meet him when he came to NY to speak at the UN. Tried to get him to read and implement the Pakistan Flood Control System presented to WAPDA in 2010 under the PPP government. I accepted that in Pakistan, there was a level of .... by the politicians if the people wanted to get projects done, but at this point we don’t even see that.

Last edited:
I noticed on my trips to Pakistan that they haven't made any efforts to desilt the Indus to help drain it to the sea. If there is an obstacle the river will just spread around it or overflow into surrounding areas. They need giant pumps to help pump the water into reservoirs and flood plains.

As much as i am in favour of Kalabagh dam and i think the real reason against its construction is all political. However i reckon that instead of spending all our resources on trying to convince the corrupt politicians on agreeing to build Kalabagh, we should divert them to other large dams that can be built that no one has any objection to.

Here is a short list

1. Katazarah Dam - 15000MW
2. Bunji Dam - 7100MW
3. Thakot Dam - 4900MW
4. Yulbo Dam - 2800MW
5. Patan Dam - 2400MW
6. Tungas Dam - 2200MW.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom