What's new

Anyone in Sindh Objecting to KALA Bagh Dam? One more flood One more Year

No new canals should be built in Punjab. Punjab is already one of the most densely populated in area in world and second most densely populated in Pakistan after Peshawar and surrounding areas
True canal system leads to population growth

If you don't believe it - punjab went from a semi desert area with low pop density to what it is now in just 100 years - all due to canal system based agriculture

Last edited:
Why Pakistan remains a country that is hit by droughts and strangely then by floods ............ to get an answer research about flood economy (Pakistan version), you won't find anything on internet, but if you know some baray sahib from WAPDA wagaira they may tell you.

You think all these vultures who make billions easily out of these floods will let go that easily? Relief packages, aid, rescuing people etc etc ....... all these are their ways to earn billions from this.

Read up this joker…

1661574372701.png

Read up this joker…
This is a small dam burst in Noshera. Kalabagh is in noshera.. so yes, if wanna be Kalabagh is destroyed, then it wd be a disaster..
But why they don't tell you that bsuted damas are normallt poorly constructed due to corruption.. as our mountains aren't rocky,, so we need concrete walls and pillars, embeded into the mountains, until we hit rocks in the mountains..

Not winning an election doesn't mean party is unpopular also religiously rural Punjabis and Sindhis are same. Agar direct election main Imran Khan Bilawal sa haar jaye to keh saktay hain Sindh main unpopular ha. Pti lost many seats in interior sindh with close margin

And pti election performance in Gujranwala division was not any different from interior sindh balkay ziada margin sa haray thay. Wo bho secular hain?

I said youth bro, not the aksariyat.

Sindhi youth as well as Baloch youth make Raja Dahir a hero lmao.

Youth is in aksariyat everywhere in Pakistan. Uski bhi religious and political reasons hain secular honay ki waja sa nahi

JSQM aur BSO secular nationalist orgs hai bhai.

PPP youth secular aur leftist hai. PPP rig karti hai vote.

What pain? If anything Sindh would wish that dams would be storing water now. But tarbela filled up weeks ago. Dams only fill up in monsoon when Indus doesn't need extra water, if anything it need less. Then dams release more water then they receive in spring. Only dams can assure minimum flow of water in Indus through out the year.

Sindh is drowning because of indus flood. Northen KP/Balochistan cannot do anything as its mountainous area, so only preventing construction near river bed is the way to go. But south punjab and sindh can be saved with more dams in upper area. With Bhasha and Kabalgh dams, Indus would have 10MAF less water now and floods will be less severe.

Sindhis would be must in favour of dams if not for politics and agendas.
I’m not a hydrologist/engineer so I’m not sure how long a massive new dam would take to intitially fill up to reach its base level. If Kalabagh or a similarly massive dam is built it would take some time, similar to the issue with the Ethiopian Renaissance dam and the issues they are having with Sudan and Egypt downstream. There maybe a year or a few years of not an insignificant amount of water not going downstream as the dam fills. That period of tine can be used to malign the dam. Once the dam is up and running though, it would be a blessing for the people of southern Punjab and Sindh, especially Karachi and the mangroves in the delta.

watch this.. shared before... if not strong, dams will bring havoc, too.. we need emergency diversion canals to flood low basin area..
I also agree we need canals to divert water East/west across the rivers of Punjab and into the marginal farming lands of the desert areas like Cholistan. At the very least this water should be used to increase arable land or replenish aquifers.

Because PPP thrives on stroking Sindhi ethno-nationalism. Their whole voting strategy is to say "Ham tumhain zalim Punjabi aur Pathan say bacha rahay hain".

Government did not show any interest because this is a long term project, and no one wants to start a project which gets completed after their term ends. PTI did it, and look at how they are suffering now with the claims '4 saal main aik bhi power plant nhn lagaya'. Meanwhile N nay aik saal main 10 plant laga kar bera gharq kar dia hai.

Even if the proposed system ONLY stops two floods in a decade, this would be a worthwhile investement. But the added benefits from energy production, irrigation (making previously arid land farmable), and solving water issues of different localities would only bring in more revenue.
That’s why if there is one thing I can accomplish be on this forum, all these years, is to advocate for the “Pakistan flood control system”. It’s potentially the most consequential project to sustain the nation for at least the next 50 years.

That’s why if there is one thing I can accomplish be on this forum, all these years, is to advocate for the “Pakistan flood control system”. It’s potentially the most consequential project to sustain the nation for at least the next 50 years.

Do you have any articles or paper that is available to learn more about Pakistan flood control system?

He will get a permanent ban and all his posts gone. He also had other ID’a pathetic troll.
I think he purposely did it to get banned

True canal system leads to population growth

If you don't believe it - punjab went from a semi desert area with low pop density to what it is now in just 100 years - all due to canal system based agriculture

@Mirzali Khan you found it interesting too right?, I am obbssesed with the whole canal system

If you liked it , here's an interesting thread I made based on that video

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom