What's new

Anybody with a contact in BIDA, BEZA?

OK, so a random guy is now more knowledgeable than an industry body or market research firms. I rest my case.

The internet is full of "random guys". You shouldn't come here. They spread lies you see.

The religious flag waving is an indication of low IQ, not that I give a damn about such people.

What religious flag ?

Adopting a Microprocessor architecture is same as design? :cheesy:

I am not understanding what you mean. You were the one who claimed Shakti to be an Indian design.

And the same intel invests $300 million for a new R&D centre in the same India. Absolutely wow. :agree:

And that 300 million dollar R&D center has produced a new-design processor for the world ? Something novel ? What is its name ?

Please do educate me on this Mr. Gaddafi, when did the oh-so-great Chinese come up with their own architecture for their home designed microprocessors?

You ask them. In their big Chinese semiconductors thread some of them were talking about a Chinese indigenous processor and which has 2000 instructions. I asked them to direct me to the architecture details and asked them why it has 2000 instructions. Those posters haven't answered yet.

The internet is full of "random guys". You shouldn't come here. They spread lies you see.

What religious flag ?

I am not understanding what you mean. You were the one who claimed Shakti to be an Indian design.

And that 300 million dollar R&D center has produced a new-design processor for the world ? Something novel ? What is its name ?

You ask them. In their big Chinese semiconductors thread some of them were talking about a Chinese indigenous processor and which has 2000 instructions. I asked them to direct me to the architecture details and asked them why it has 2000 instructions. Those posters haven't answered yet.

1. I have already provided much credible sources than ''random guys''.

2. The green flag. Doesn't it belongs to the ''evil juice'' religion ??

3. Shakti is an Indian design based on RISC-V architecture. Just like how Chinese loongson processors use MIPS architecture.

4. Again, Google up. I thought you know way too much than anyone else.

5. So you don't know. Ok.

1. I have already provided much credible sources than ''random guys''.

The person you quote is exaggerating.

2. The green flag. Doesn't it belongs to the ''evil juice'' religion ??

That green flag is of the Libyan Jamahiriya i.e. Libya before the 2011 NATO+GCC invasion.

3. Shakti is an Indian design based on RISC-V architecture. Just like how Chinese loongson processors use MIPS architecture.

Design... Base design... is not the same as implementation. Shakti and Loongson are implementations. RISC-V and MIPS are designs.

Terms like "Based on" are just fine print.

4. Again, Google up. I thought you know way too much than anyone else.

I googled and found this :
SiFive has launched a new 'Performance' family of RiSC-V processor cores, with Intel offering one for evaluation on its 7nm foundry process. Reports say Intel is considering buying SiFive.
SiFive is an American company ( google for Naveed Sherwani ) whose processor products are based on RISC-V implementations. At best your 300 million dollar Intel R&D center in India with the great Ravi Kuppuswamy ( the one with the Indian h/w industry award ) will be working on RISC-V implementations i.e. if Intel does buy SiFive. Unless this 300 million dollar R&D center actually designs an entirely new processor.

BTW why didn't Mr. Kuppuswamy exit Intel and set up a company that by now has actually designed a new processor from his learnings from his "Made in India" processor ( that six-core one ) that his team "designed" 13+ years ago ?

5. So you don't know. Ok.

OK, from the "LoongArch" section from Loongson's Wikipedia page :
The LoongArch ISA manual has been made partially available in August 2021 with the publication of its first volume documenting the basic architecture.[30] The ISA is overall similar to MIPS64r6 but incompatible, the main difference being the removal of the delay slot and a major change in instruction encoding,[31] resulting it being referred to as "a fork of MIPS64r6".[32][31] Further reporting in August suggested this may be the case, with Linux maintainers complaining that submitted LoongArch code is "...a blind copy of the MIPS code...", however "only with a different name".[33]

The previously reported "MIPS compatibility"[31] is in fact based on a binary translation flag similar to the system for handling x86 and ARM in LoongISA. Similar to LoongISA, the instruction-set extensions (SIMD and binary translation) are not yet documented, making this functionality unusable. The ELF ABI is also marked as "TBD"

And from this article :
LoongArch includes extensions such as vector instructions, virtualization, and binary translation, with around 2500 instructions. EET China has more details about the “first self-developed ISA” in China. Loongsoon notably designed binary translation tools for MIPS Linux, ARM Android, x86 Linux, and x86 Windows instructions into LoongISA so that existing software can be reused. MIPS Linux to LoongISA performance is same to be the same, but there’s a noticeable performance hit for other architecture/OS combos with for instance, x86 Windows to LoongISA only achieving 70% of the native performance.

So the LoongArch processor has MIPS64 ( American design ) as base instruction set and other parts of the design but also includes x86 and ARM instructions to run Linux and Windows. This is the main reason for those 2500 instructions.

All in all the Chinese don't have any indigenous and novel processor.

Last edited:
:lol:

Walton certainly does not design anything, especially with its meagre $350K R&D budget. It cannot design even a refrigerator compressor, which it claims to manufacture (which India has been doing since 1964). As a country that files fewer patents than a single IIT, Bangladesh certainly hasn't reached that critical mass required to do any cutting edge R&D.

India exports ~$12 billion worth of electronics, compared to ~$12 million by Bangladesh. 1000 times more for a population 8 times more. That says a lot.

And as for R&D: Commenting on India's contribution in the global semiconductor industry, Gupta says, "any chip getting done in the world will have some contribution from Indian semiconductor ecosystem. More than 90 per cent of semiconductor companies have their R&D Centres in India where cutting-edge chip development work takes place. The semiconductor R&D alone produces almost $2.5 billion in revenue and $20 billion including the Electronics Products and Embedded systems.

source

So India with ''no design capabilities'' as you claim earn more than 2000 times more electronics merchandise and R&D exports. Cool story bruh. :disagree:

Let's give the tall claims a rest for now and enlighten us on what type of electronics that is exported worth $12 Billion and a credible source for such a claim.

I for one am interested to know.

That quote is from the chairman of India Electronics and Semiconductor Association, who knows far better than a ''Gaddafi flag-waving'' Indian (?) member on PDF.

There are several reports available on the internet, which detail the size & capabilities of the Indian ER&D sector, particularly semiconductor design. Google it.

As for Indian institutions designing microprocessors,

VIKRAM-3201-ISRO
Shakti Processor-IIT-M

And these are commercially viable/available microprocessors? My understanding that these are just one-off research prototypes or maybe a few used on ISRO launches only. India as a large country of 1.4 Billion people is EXPECTED to have these research institutions at a minimum (and in fact far more) - however if you compare them to China they kind of pale in what Institutions in China are achieving (China already has an 8 core x86 processor ready after prototyping and in commercially viable production, after US sanctions went into effect).

Trying to compare Indian achievements with Bangladesh (while more illustrious and prolific) will only make Indians feel better temporarily, and achieve nothing else. I don't know if Indians can see the irony that they are comparing their achievement with that of Bangladesh, whose economy is one eighth the size of India's.

It's like the pointless query, why doesn't Bangladesh manufacture X86 chips, satellites, locomotives, subway rolling stock or earth-moving machinery. Why doesn't Sri Lanka? We in Bharat do.

If it was commercially viable, I am sure Bangladesh would. Arguing with Indians only versed in non-technical and non-finance disciplines is a non-starter.

@jamahir bhai I think you pointed out the difference between designs and implementations very well.

Ultimately, these kind of schoolyard games are pointless.

Last edited:
The person you quote is exaggerating.

Again I don't see how he is exaggerating. Credibility matters.

That green flag is of the Libyan Jamahiriya i.e. Libya before the 2011 NATO+GCC invasion.

The Libya of Gaddafi. OK. Definitely has nothing to do with religion.

I googled

And didn't see this?

Intel's New Rs. 1,100 Crore R&D Centre in Bengaluru

Design... Base design... is not the same as implementation. Shakti and Loongson are implementations. RISC-V and MIPS are designs.

So ISA is the only thing required for microprocessor design, it's open-source as well. Wonder why every tom, dick and harry didn't come up with their own design.

And you want India to have one?

So butthurt, formerly known as Niligiri, is back after 1st ban under new id and ruining BD section threads again!

:hitwall:

Let's give the tall claims a rest for now and enlighten us on what type of electronics that is exported worth $12 Billion and a credible source for such a claim.

Don't worry, this isn't like one of your ''we export transformers'' kinda claim.

As per DGCI&S data, India exported $ 8.8 billion in 2018-19 and $ 11.7 billion in 2019-20

source

The top contributor is mobile phones.

New Delhi: India’s exports of electronics goods touched an all-time high of Rs 9812 crore in March, just before Covid second wave hit the country, data released by the commerce ministry last week showed.

Of this, mobile phones remained the top contributor with exports worth Rs 3421 crore or roughly 35% of total electronics exports.

Trying to compare Indian achievements with Bangladesh (while more illustrious and prolific) will only make Indians feel better temporarily, and achieve nothing else.

I don't see Indians claiming that we are far ahead of China in anything while lagging behind in exports. Your lot OTOH does that by starting comparisons & dragging India into unnecessary discussions. And cry ''But what about China'' after getting a reality check.

You aren't Chinese, you are Bangladeshi. You seem to forget that often.

however if you compare them to China they kind of pale in what Institutions in China are achieving (China already has an 8 core x86 processor ready after prototyping and in commercially viable production, after US sanctions went into effect)

According to your dear Jamahir bhai, it's nothing to boast about. To quote him verbatim,

So what exactly are you cheerleading about? :lol: x86 was developed by Intel, and the Chinese one isn't indigenous for not coming up with own ISA.

It's like the pointless query, why doesn't Bangladesh manufacture X86 chips, satellites, locomotives, subway rolling stock or earth-moving machinery. If it was commercially viable, I am sure Bangladesh would.

It isn't. Bangladesh ranks at the bottom of the Economic Complexity Index, and your failure to diversify is well known. You cannot even manufacture machinery for your largest industry- RMG and that says a lot.

Viability has nothing to do with your incapability. You cannot even manufacture motorcycles- the only decently selling automotive product in your country- with any respectable level of localization.

Arguing with Indians only versed in non-technical and non-finance disciplines is a non-starter.

I do apologize for not being as knowledgeable & competent as your very own market research firm ''LightCastle BD''. The Dhaka apartment-based one.

And these are commercially viable/available microprocessors? My understanding that these are just one-off research prototypes or maybe a few used on ISRO launches only.

I don't remember claiming they were, except for the IIT Madras one. Vikram is made for ISRO for use in it's launch vehicles.

GDP is not the only criteria. @bluesky has rightly said.
Imagine Amzaon, Ali baba, and Elon take BD nationality and bring all the reserve in BD banks. The GDP of BD will increase but it doesn't reflect the parity between poor and rich. Human development index is a good measure to judge people condition in a country. @UKBengali @Bilal9

GDP is not the only criteria. @bluesky has rightly said.
Imagine Amzaon, Ali baba, and Elon take BD nationality and bring all the reserve in BD banks. The GDP of BD will increase but it doesn't reflect the parity between poor and rich. Human development index is a good measure to judge people condition in a country. @UKBengali @Bilal9

Overall HDI measurement-wise - India and Bangladesh are neck and neck. 0.645 vs. 0.632.

However if you count many specific HDI benchmarks which take into account Women's employment and childrens health, then we are ahead of India. This has been validated many times by India's own press/media. If you are a woman, Bangladesh is a far better place to be, even for being born as a fetus, and not being killed before birth.

This was written by an Indian lady doing her doctoral thesis in Bangladesh, after Mota Bhai asserted some Sanghi falsehoods, irking Bangladeshis.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With better development indicators, specter of a Bangladeshi cross-over to India is ill-founded

In the last decade, on a range of social development indicators, Bangladesh has fared better than India. Even on the cricket pitch, Bangladesh beat India at the junior world cup. So why would Bangladeshis en masse want to leave their cherished homeland?

Written by Swati Narayan |

Updated: February 14, 2020 11:07:30 am

In an age of dog-whistle scaremongering, a Union minister alleged on February 9 that, “half of Bangladesh will come to India if citizenship is offered.” But no crystal ball prediction could be more deluded.

This year Bangladesh’s economic growth rate has surpassed India. In the last decade, on a range of social development indicators, from infant mortality to immunization, Bangladesh has fared better.
Even on the cricket pitch, Bangladesh beat India at the junior world cup. So why would Bangladeshis en masse want to leave their cherished homeland?

Undoubtedly, since economic liberalization, Indians have grown much richer than Bangladeshis, but in terms of quality of life our neighbor largely outshines us. India trails across several (not all) composite indices from the latest Global Hunger Index to the Gender Development Index.

Even on the 2019 World Happiness Index, Bangladeshis score better. While, technically, on the Human Development Index, Bangladesh scores marginally less, this is largely because the index merges income and non-income parameters.

My recent doctoral thesis sought to decode precisely this South Asian puzzle. How have India’s poorer neighbours forged ahead in social development? In the case of Bangladesh, the most prominent factor has been the country’s ability to dissolve inequalities through sustained investment in public services and the bridging of social and gender distances.

First, healthcare. Till the Eighties, Indians lived longer than most South Asians. But now, despite being poorer, an average Bangladeshi female child at birth can expect to live for four years more. Fewer Bangladeshi children also die before their fifth birthday. The formula for this success has been relatively simple. Since 2009, the government has constructed well-stocked “community clinics” in every third village. In addition, for four decades, committed cadres of government health workers have delivered medicines and family planning to women in the comfort of their homes.

Second, on the education front, even though India has a demographic dividend, Bangladesh has achieved a marginal advantage in youth literacy. Further, across income quintiles, Bangladeshi girls have higher educational attainments than boys. Most importantly, my doctoral survey in Panchagarh district found that Bangladeshi children had better reading skills than the Indian average as assessed by Pratham. Across 44 Bangladeshi schools, there were lower levels of teacher absenteeism. Further, the government provides free textbooks in the government, non-government (NGO) and madrassa-run schools promptly at the start of the academic year, without the chronic delays which plague India.

Economist Jean Drèze has aptly described India as amongst the world champions in social underspending. In contrast, Bangladesh despite being a poorer neighbor since the Nineties, has spent a greater proportion of government expenditure on education and healthcare. The fruits of these sustained investments have reaped rich dividends.

Third, on the nutrition front too, Bangladesh fares better. Thirty three per cent of Bangladeshi children are underweight compared to India’s 36 per cent as per the demographic health surveys. Similarly, a greater proportion of Indian children are also stunted. Further, the inequality between wealth quintiles is more stark in India. A few years ago, the Bangladeshi government, with the help of NGOs, hired a unique cadre of “Pushti Apas” (nutrition sisters) who went door-to-door in their social endeavors. Unlike the Indian Poshan Abhiyan’s focus on vegetarian foods, they did not shy away from teaching mothers to feed growing infants a balanced diet with mashed fish, meat and eggs.

Fourth, even at the turn of the millennium, at least 80 per cent of Bangladeshi homes had toilets, even if rudimentary. By 2016, 96 per cent of households and 80 per cent of schools in my doctoral survey had proper sanitation. Apart from the typical Islamic emphasis on hygiene, local governments not only provide cement rings for free to poor families, but they also regularly spread messages through community group discussions, mosques, mass media and schools. Local entrepreneurs have also ensured that with the innovation of plastic pans, the cheapest toilets cost less than Chinese mobile phones.

That apart, Bangladeshi women are also increasingly assertive. The 2006 World Bank Survey on Gender Norms found a growing trend of “educational hypogamy”. In sharp contrast to India’s decline, Bangladeshi women also have higher labor force participation. Apart from the urban readymade garment sector, thousands of rural women work in agro-processing tea factories, jute mills, poultry and dairy industries.

Every morning, streams of women in saris can be seen walking towards these factories with characteristic steel lunch dabbas in their arms.
In comparison, India is grappling with the worst unemployment levels in 45 years and sinking economic growth rates.

Government ministers should pull up their own socks, instead. Berating our neighbors with the false bogey of illegal immigrants, in light of the Citizenship Amendment Act, is nothing but an unjustifiable Islamophobic distraction. Instead, it would be far wiser for the Indian government to humbly learn the recipe of South Asian success to improve the lives of citizens from the impressive “Shonar Bangla”.

This article first appeared in the print edition on February 14, 2020 under the title ‘Bangladesh fares better’. The writer is a visiting fellow at the Institute for Human Development.

Last edited:
It isn't. Bangladesh ranks at the bottom of the Economic Complexity Index, and your failure to diversify is well known. You cannot even manufacture machinery for your largest industry- RMG and that says a lot.

Whatever makes you warm and fuzzy all over. We know which cluster-f*ck of a nation is the bottom of the barrel in everything, it's better you compare your sad sh*t-show with Bangladesh and find some solace - instead of comparing with China and be humiliated at every turn, which you lot should be doing anyway.

@Beast, @DalalErMaNodi, @F-6 enthusiast, @Atlas bhais look at this guy making idle puffery boasts. :-)

It's clear you don't belong to any business family and have little business sense. If I make socks and add value using manual labor, why should I care about manufacturing those machines locally, which is of no benefit to me? I will let Germans or Swiss do it because they do a far better job and are experts at it, we are not Kanjoos like some people that we have to copy and manufacture third rate copies of Ritter or Toyoda machines to shave a few bucks off every month for production.

Certain things should be left to the experts. This is the exact reason your third rate Apparel industry could not compete with that of Bangladesh, because you don't get the concepts of efficiency and reliability, only do-rupya kanjoos-e-makkhichoos concept.

Pathetic.

Viability has nothing to do with your incapability. You cannot even manufacture motorcycles- the only decently selling automotive product in your country- with any respectable level of localization.

Are you friggin' kiddin' me? With your "screwed-together-with-chinese-parts" cellphone industry and "mostly-assembled-from-CKD-kits" auto industry - you have the gall to come talk to a country like ours with an economy an eighth of India's and claim superiority?? Have some shame - "Mr.-Highwater-Polyester-pants-with-neon-running-shoes-fashion-icon". :lol:

Most local motorcycle companies (Runner, Walton) use CAD CAM, Clay models and have their own R&D units to develop their own designs. Which is far better than what Hero, TVS and Bajaj did back in the day when they started out. Dhokeybaaji from Mitroon Desh as usual. These factory footages have been shown in videos in this section more times than I can count.

Compared to Hero, which three decades ago, stole (copied) technology from Honda, and broke off Honda partnership after doing so, we are doing fine as a late bloomer on the economic and manufacturing front.

Thank your Sanghi stars we let Hero and TVS setup assembly plants locally in Bangladesh (among other Indian vehicle manufacturers). These companies will appreciate your trolling as an Indian, which will affect their bottom line in our country.

Your friggin' Sanghi boasts about having superior "Indian Two-whealarr Tek-na-lajee" doesn't hold water as all Indian motorcycle brands (Including Hero) stole Japanese tech and judging by quality did a $hitty job to boot on the copying. TVS-Suzuki and Bajaj-Kawasaki did the same, broke off partnership after stealing technology. In any case, keep on harping about superior Indian under-200-cc tech to us Bangladeshis, I will help fan the flames.

Fret not, Bangladeshi customers will vote with their pocketbooks when they see the mentality of "Superior" Indian's like you online. Keep on trolling. :lol::agree:

I do apologize for not being as knowledgeable & competent as your very own market research firm ''LightCastle BD''. The Dhaka apartment-based one.

Better stats than your Modi propaganda IT cell. They talk facts, not BS or hype.

I don't remember claiming they were, except for the IIT Madras one. Vikram is made for ISRO for use in it's launch vehicles.

I thought so. As usual all show and no go, when it comes to economic success. Try to cut up ISRO launch vehicles for people to eat, they can have that with Pav-bhajee and some Gol Gappa...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom