What's new

Anybody with a contact in BIDA, BEZA?

OK let's not fight guys. If there is a grievance, air it to the mods please.

In India, a lot of this is due to "Make in India" initiative but whereas in BD, domestic companies like Walton are designing and manufacturing electronics, in India it is foreigners where the technology transfer to Indians will be very limited.

:lol:

Walton certainly does not design anything, especially with its meagre $350K R&D budget. It cannot design even a refrigerator compressor, which it claims to manufacture (which India has been doing since 1964). As a country that files fewer patents than a single IIT, Bangladesh certainly hasn't reached that critical mass required to do any cutting edge R&D.

India exports ~$12 billion worth of electronics, compared to ~$12 million by Bangladesh. 1000 times more for a population 8 times more. That says a lot.

And as for R&D: Commenting on India's contribution in the global semiconductor industry, Gupta says, "any chip getting done in the world will have some contribution from Indian semiconductor ecosystem. More than 90 per cent of semiconductor companies have their R&D Centres in India where cutting-edge chip development work takes place. The semiconductor R&D alone produces almost $2.5 billion in revenue and $20 billion including the Electronics Products and Embedded systems.

source

So India with ''no design capabilities'' as you claim earn more than 2000 times more electronics merchandise and R&D exports. Cool story bruh. :disagree:

Have you ever considered that these statements of yours simply feeds hindutva trolls?
Why do you bother about Hindutva here in an open discussion Forum where every nationality participates.

Unlike guys like you, I will keep on strictly stating the truths, be it BD or is India or Pakistan.

People like you tend to think no one else would know the reality in BD unless the reality is faked by people like you in this Forum.

You must be very stupid and senile. You just do not know all the educated people of this world already know what BD is and whatever you claim will not hold water for a split of a second.

The world knows that $22.5 billion worth of FDIs has entered India only in three months. Now, tell me about the reality in BD, any news on foreign investments in BD this year when the international newspapers continuously print about FDIs in Vietnam and India but not in Golden Bangladesh which is infested by people like you, Hasina Bibi, @UKBengali, @Homo Sapiens, and many others.

Learn to be sincere in your approach towards the country and be a patriot. BD people should focus only on the progress and welfare of the country and they do not have to worry about losing face in front of India.

Why do you bother about Hindutva here in an open discussion Forum where every nationality participates.

Unlike guys like you, I will keep on strictly stating the truths, be it BD or is India or Pakistan.

People like you tend to think no one else would know the reality in BD unless the reality is faked by people like you in this Forum.

You must be very stupid and senile. You just do not know all the educated people of this world already know what BD is and whatever you claim will not hold water for a split of a second.

The world knows that $22.5 billion worth of FDIs has entered India only in three months. Now, tell me about the reality in BD, any news on foreign investments in BD this year when the international newspapers continuously print about FDIs in Vietnam and India but not in Golden Bangladesh which is infested by people like you, Hasina Bibi, @UKBengali, @Homo Sapiens, and many others.

Learn to be sincere in your approach towards the country and be a patriot. BD people should focus only on the progress and welfare of the country and they do not have to worry about losing face in front of India.

Speaking personally i do not feel it necessary to air dirty laundry in public. I think its laughable when your brand of patriotism merely serves to lionise others and denigrate BD.

If progress is BD is not as fast or deep as someone else, it does not mean that progress has not occured. I celebrate each FDI in BD and incremental progress in any and every field. It does not matter what is happening in other countries and their progress. It is wrong for you to assume we are under any illusion as to where BD is in the development ladder.

I for one will remain an eternal cheerleader and well wisher of Bangladesh. In the company of other BD i will say things that i would not in a public forum. Self criticism and reflection in private but iron descipline in public. That is how I define patriotism.

How can you take the dude seriously when all neutral economic experts contradict his pessimistic outlook on the BD economy?

Sounds like a butt-hurt expat where things did not work out for him in BD and so running a vendetta against it.

He should be taking some kind of medication.
I could not take the tantrams anymore, had to put him on the ignore list.

India exports ~$12 billion worth of electronics, compared to ~$12 million by Bangladesh. 1000 times more for a population 8 times more. That says a lot.
In defence of Bangladeshi's. I'd say the tempo of progression was remarkable. I was in Dhala in 2017. A walk on the riverbank left me horrified. A stroll in the old Dhaka, almost made me to pack, and go, foregoing my assignment. It was then a long trip to factory towns around, which is left me with some hope for the country. I though "somethings must be coming out of this sooner, or later."

4 years ago, there been effectively no electronics industry in the country, now there are factories left, and right. India been trying to spin up its electronics Industry since Indra Gandi's time, and they still can't match even the freaking Vietnam, despite them having more engineers than even China.

Speaking personally i do not feel it necessary to air dirty laundry in public. I think its laughable when your brand of patriotism merely serves to lionise others and denigrate BD.

If progress is BD is not as fast or deep as someone else, it does not mean that progress has not occured. I celebrate each FDI in BD and incremental progress in any and every field. It does not matter what is happening in other countries and their progress. It is wrong for you to assume we are under any illusion as to where BD is in the development ladder.

I for one will remain an eternal cheerleader and well wisher of Bangladesh. In the company of other BD i will say things that i would not in a public forum. Self criticism and reflection in private but iron descipline in public. That is how I define patriotism.
Please ask the govt to industrialize. It will be followed by FDIs and so on instead of typing falsehood that will do no good to the country.

India has been striving for more than a century to industrialize. A century of vigorous efforts has caused to create a group of entrepreneurial people there and people have learned to work in factories with discipline and within schedule.

Both the GoI and its population supported the effort. This is why India could build 54 Barrages around BD and BD is begging China to help it build Teesta Multipurpose something. What a shame!!

In order to reverse the miserable situation, it is time the govt adopts a sound industrial policy.

You people enjoy this kind of farces but unfortunately, I am unable to share your amusement. When I protest you guys think I am fuelling Indian enmity. So, reverse the situation and Indians will not be amused. They are amused now because people like you or @UKBengali make extravagant claims on the economy.

I will still admit, it's just the current firehose of money coming into the country, which is currently compensating for the deficiencies. You need to seize every second of this opportunity.

In defence of Bangladeshi's. I'd say the tempo of progression was remarkable. I was in Dhala in 2017. A walk on the riverbank left me horrified. A stroll in the old Dhaka, almost made me to pack, and go, foregoing my assignment. It was then a long trip to factory towns around, which is left me with some hope for the country. I though "somethings must be coming out of this sooner, or later."

4 years ago, there been effectively no electronics industry in the country, now there are factories left, and right. India been trying to spin up its electronics Industry since Indra Gandi's time, and they still can't match even the freaking Vietnam, despite them having more engineers than even China.

You are engaging a troll who just came back from a ban. He is a very "new" member who just joined in June before being banned within 1-2 months.

As for BD you need to remember that BD only became independent in 1971 and was left to almost start from scratch after a 9 month long civil war. There was no money in the central bank in 1971 as the Pakistanis took it all.

Think about what China was like in 1999 and compare to BD of 2021. That was 50 years after they could properly start their development.

Please ask the govt to industrialize. It will be followed by FDIs and so on instead of typing falsehood that will do no good to the country.

India has been striving for more than a century to industrialize. A century of vigorous efforts has caused to create a group of entrepreneurial people there and people have learned to work in factories with discipline and within schedule.

Both the GoI and its population supported the effort. This is why India could build 54 Barrages around BD and BD is begging China to help it build Teesta Multipurpose something. What a shame!!

In order to reverse the miserable situation, it is time the govt adopts a sound industrial policy.

You people enjoy this kind of farces but unfortunately, I am unable to share your amusement. When I protest you guys think I am fuelling Indian enmity. So, reverse the situation and Indians will not be amused. They are amused now because people like you or @UKBengali make extravagant claims on the economy.

Can you please requote me back my "extravagant claims".

I am talking about electronics exports which certainly haven't picked up yet, unlike what Bangladeshis here claim. India has never incentivized or supported merchandise exports or manufacturing in a big way until very recently with the PLI scheme/ industrial corridor kind of scheme. And the difference is already visible, particularly in electronics.

The ones we did incentivize such as IT is doing good. Along with ER&D services. $32 billion worth of exports and high-end highly skilled jobs created in ER&D is quite good, by any standards.

You are engaging a troll who just came back from a ban. He is a very "new" member who just joined in June before being banned within 1-2 months.

Still salty about some old member owning you multiple times? Yeah, I did dig up those posts.

Refrain from posting BS claims if you don't want to get humiliated after getting countered with data. It's that simple. :rofl:

And as for R&D: Commenting on India's contribution in the global semiconductor industry, Gupta says, "any chip getting done in the world will have some contribution from Indian semiconductor ecosystem. More than 90 per cent of semiconductor companies have their R&D Centres in India where cutting-edge chip development work takes place. The semiconductor R&D alone produces almost $2.5 billion in revenue and $20 billion including the Electronics Products and Embedded systems.

The bolded part... A myth / delusion / whatever that many middle class Indians have. Can you tell me what exactly do these 90 percent of semiconductor companies R&D ? Can you direct me to the website of a single Indian company or institution which has designed a single local microprocessor ? What is this "cutting-edge" chip development taking place ?

Not a single local microprocessor or operating system despite at least two million computer engineers in the country and a few huge, decades-old companies connected to computing.

The bolded part... A myth / delusion / whatever that many middle class Indians have. Can you tell me what exactly do these 90 percent of semiconductor companies R&D ? Can you direct me to the website of a single Indian company or institution which has designed a single local microprocessor ? What is this "cutting-edge" chip development taking place ?

That quote is from the chairman of India Electronics and Semiconductor Association, who knows far better than a ''Gaddafi flag-waving'' Indian (?) member on PDF.

There are several reports available on the internet, which detail the size & capabilities of the Indian ER&D sector, particularly semiconductor design. Google it.

As for Indian institutions designing microprocessors,

VIKRAM-3201-ISRO
Shakti Processor-IIT-M

That quote is from the chairman of India Electronics and Semiconductor Association, who knows far better than a ''Gaddafi flag-waving'' Indian (?) member on PDF.

Trust me, I know about microprocessor and operating system design more than anyone on PDF. :)

And what is this question mark after "Indian" ? So anyone who is not an ultra-nationalist is not Indian ?

There are several reports available on the internet, which detail the size & capabilities of the Indian ER&D sector, particularly semiconductor design. Google it.

No, you please google.

There were some liars from Intel India who in 2008 formed a team, took a Intel Xeon four-core processor and engineered to make it six-core ( article 1, article 2 ) ? No design change, it remained the decades-old Intel x86 architecture processor. Just some engineering enhancement ( any engineering team in the world could do it, even in Intel USA. :) ). That's this team's achievement and they even got an Indian industry award for it ( article ). :lol: But I believe Intel in the end discontinued selling it.

As for Indian institutions designing microprocessors,

VIKRAM-3201-ISRO
Shakti Processor-IIT-M

*sigh*

Shakti is an IIT-M implementation of the American-origin and now international and open source RISC-V processor architecture. Shakti is not Indian. This is just like CDAC customizing the open source Debian Linux OS distro for India and calling it Bharat Operating System Solutions ( BOSS GNU / Linux ). Anyone in the world can implement RISC-V, even you. No great shakes.

About Vikram, can you prove to me that it is not some Western-origin design ? Any documentation about its architecture ? And if Vikram exists why Shakti, I mean RISC-V ?

And since you are talking about "indigenous" Indian microprocessors I will tell you about the AJIT processor "designed" in IIT-Bombay whose website says :
engineers from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay) have developed a new microprocessor called AJIT—the first ever microprocessor to be conceptualised, designed, developed and manufactured in India. This innovation could not only reduce the country’s imports but also make India self-reliant in electronics.
Marvelous. But what is it really ?
The name “AJIT” is not an acronym and is derived from Sanskrit, meaning “Someone who has not been conquered“. As far as I could gather information, the AJIT microprocessor uses SPARC ISA architecture. SPARC (Scalable Processor Architecture) is a reduced instruction set computing (RISC) instruction set architecture (ISA) originally developed by Sun Microsystems.
Giving a fancy Sanskrit name does not take away the fact that the processor is an American design just implemented in India. :rolleyes:

Trust me, I know about microprocessor and operating system design more than anyone on PDF. :)

And what is this question mark after "Indian" ? So anyone who is not an ultra-nationalist is not Indian ?

OK, so a random guy is now more knowledgeable than an industry body or market research firms. I rest my case.

The religious flag waving is an indication of low IQ, not that I give a damn about such people.

There were some liars from Intel India who in 2008 formed a team, took a Intel Xeon four-core processor and engineered to make it six-core ( article 1, article 2 ) ? No design change, it remained the decades-old Intel x86 architecture processor. Just some engineering enhancement ( any engineering team in the world could do it, even in Intel USA. :) ).

Incredible, ain't it? A bunch of dudes conned a multi-billion corporation by doing no value worth R&D. Now we know where that $2.5 billion goes.

And the same intel invests $300 million for a new R&D centre in the same India. Absolutely wow. :agree:

Shakti is an IIT-M implementation of the American-origin and now international and open source RISC-V processor architecture

Adopting a Microprocessor architecture is same as design? :cheesy:

Please do educate me on this Mr. Gaddafi, when did the oh-so-great Chinese come up with their own architecture for their home designed microprocessors?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom