What's new

Any replacement for Bangladesh A-5 jets?

Conqueror...BD won't be sold the same stuff which PAF or PLAF uses but still there would be risk of India "getting close and personal" to those. So even though there are less chances of it.. it is still a risk.

Highly unlikely for iaf to get a close look at those JFTs if ever procured in the future by BAF. By your logic such products won't even leave manufacturing plants if there are any fears.

We have discussed it to death J-10 is out of question for BAF for the next 5 years atleast. Yes BAF can get a better product because they would be the one to procure they have every right to demand according to their requirements if PAF/China is unable to provide them, then they can ditch and pick something else from someone else.

Why won't posters understand that JFT full fills every role BAF is looking for except for a long range. There is a remedy for it as well air refuellers or customized CFTs, BAF could opt for the BLK II.

The J-10 is available for the export market.

In the 21st century our air force look like a big joke in front of in indian air force . we need to replace current junk by jf-17 as like paf and as for front line j-10b for our air force .

India has vast land areas to defend hence the requirement of a larger AF. You should not compare or look to match India's AF. Just concentrate on minimum defence requirement for now.

India has vast land areas to defend hence the requirement of a larger AF. You should not compare or look to match India's AF. Just concentrate on minimum defence requirement for now.

Even the achieving the quality is very dificult for us at this moment as our defence budget is very low only 1.4~1.5 billion dollar . if our government increase the defence budget only then we may think about some quality stuff .unlit now jf-17 and j-10 is our only option :hang2:

In the 21st century our air force look like a big joke in front of in indian air force . we need to replace current junk by jf-17 as like paf and as for front line j-10b for our air force .

Judging from the nature of corruption in our country, it is best not to buy anything for the air force. I'll never pay more than the product's worth with my hard earned money. That's what happened in the MIG-29 deal back in the 90's.

Things like air force and navy are very expensive matters, and corruption doesn't help in any of them.

Best thing is to focus on empowering our businesses, foreign direct investment and provide the necessary infrastructure and environment for those to happen. The Asian Highway would make things even better. And of-course there the two potentially emerging super-powers, India and China; both our neighbors.

Once our vile politicians are knocked out, there will be plenty more new toys to choose from in the future. And technology is fast.

No use brandishing our angry fists at India. Our military is no match against the Indian military to begin with.

Everything will take time. All we need to do is wait.

J-10 is not yet available for export market had it been the case, Myanmar would have gotten its hand on J-10 instead of JH-7s or for the fact North Koreans were so eager to wet their hands with J-10. Or even PAF could have bought J-10As to replace oldest Mirages in service.

We should set up some kind of organisation to build indegeneous aircrafts, we could build aircrafts like trainer or trasport aircrafts before moving on to armed aircrafts. By the way, the f-16 falcons are quite cheap now as the f-16a/b costs around $14 mil per unit

J-10 is not yet available for export market had it been the case, Myanmar would have gotten its hand on J-10 instead of JH-7s or for the fact North Koreans were so eager to wet their hands with J-10. Or even PAF could have bought J-10As to replace oldest Mirages in service.

It has already been confirmed that PAF ordered J-10As and expects delivery by 2014-2015.

"The first foreign buyer of the J-10A will be Pakistan, a source from the Chinese aviation industry said. In March, Pakistan’s Air Chief Marshall Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed confirmed that a deal with China had been reached, and the aircraft would be delivered in 2014 and 2015. The version for Pakistan will be called the FC-20."

China readies J-10A fighter for export - upiasia.com

Therefore, it is available for the export market. Don't know about Burma or North Korea. The J-10 doesn't come cheap, but not too expensive either.

Jokes apart why no get some f16 old blocks from usa it wont coast much

We should set up some kind of organisation to build indegeneous aircrafts, we could build aircrafts like trainer or trasport aircrafts before moving on to armed aircrafts. By the way, the f-16 falcons are quite cheap now as the f-16a/b costs around $14 mil per unit

Better not to buy USA-made aircraft. American Congress has too many assholes in it.

IMHO, Baf should go for a good quality fighter like Gripen in very few numbers. Bangladesh being a peaceful nation in a generally non-hostile nieghbourhood won't be needing an air superiority aircraft, but rather something good in A2G role.More over, having a few Gripens is way cooler than having whole alot of JFT's or anything...

Zabanya, Please take your time to read more in Military Aviation Section J-10 Thread.
When I said it is not available for exports I was referring to other nations. Pakistan is the only export customer of J-10B not J-10A. I doubt there would any other export customer for J-10B atleast not in next 5/6 years except for Pakistan.

The J-10A production might already have ended/ceased, as China is now more focused on J-10B with better stronger and lighter airframe. the news you posted is of 2008, many things changes, I believe JF-17/FC-1 is equally capable Fighter. You and few others are not focusing on what BAF's requirements are. We don't know the exact details of the deal costing each J-10B for how much but the estimates are around $28-30 million special deal I presume. The standard price tag is around $40M that is quiet expensive for BAF even the twin engine mig-29s baseline is $30-34M. The only option is softloans and that BAF can easily get due to better relations with Chinese and russians.

beckham...you buy planes to make airforce look cooler?
Let me remind posters here that there is already an MOU/Agreement and work might start on JFT with many further improvements and stealth characteristics possibly BLK III would be the one.
What else is BAF looking for? Retractable Refuel Probe or customized CFTs and so on..

Bangladesh will replace those a-5 as they are no longer in production... hopefully are goverment will get su-30 or su-35 but to be honest BAF will most likely purchase su-30 or jf-17 remember guys are budget is low... we may push it up a notch to purchase such aircraft including gripen hopefully not another 2 squadron of mig-29s -_- bangladesh economy has to be good to purchase such aircraft even the above named aircrafts, we have tremendous amount of growth potential but there is no way of doing that unless that greedy b i t c h is out of power.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom