What's new

Any questions Regarding India

What is the largest chanllenge for rise of India inside India itself? Do you think any change should be done to solve it ? Is it a political change or reform ? Is the goverment or people doing any real action or just negotiation ? If you can, please explain more detailly.

IMO illiteracy.
And it is slowly being eradicated. There are various plans in place for it. The progress is slow though, much of it due to poverty, much due to corruption.

IMO illiteracy.
And it is slowly being eradicated. There are various plans in place for it. The progress is slow though, much of it due to poverty, much due to corruption.
So corruption is the main problem, right ? Any serious action performed to solve it ? Done by the Govt and people ? I always heard Indian citizens blame the corruption, China also has this problem. How can you solve it or any suggestions within the Indian situation(the largest democracy in the world) ? I am waiting for reliable reply.

So corruption is the main problem, right ? Any serious action performed to solve it ? Done by the Govt and people ? I always heard Indian citizens blame the corruption, China also has this problem. How can you solve it or any suggestions within the Indian situation(the largest democracy in the world) ? I am waiting for reliable reply.

It is not so easy. It is a long process. The democracy itself should be a solution. But for that, the voters need to be educated, in the sense of knowing sociopolitical character of candidates etc. This sense generally comes with literacy.

There are various laws out there, like right to information act.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Information_Act
The Right to Information Act 2005 (RTI) is an Act of the Parliament of India "to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens." The Act applies to all States and Union Territories of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir. Jammu and Kashmir has its own act called Jammu & Kashmir Right to Information Act, 2009. Under the provisions of the Act, any citizen may request information from a "public authority" (a body of Government or "instrumentality of State") which is required to reply expeditiously or within thirty days. The Act also requires every public authority to computerize their records for wide dissemination and to pro-actively publish certain categories of information so that the citizens need minimum recourse to request for information formally.
A person can ask for some information regarding anything related to the government. Like expenditure on some project etc. Such acts are there to curb corruption. But you have to be educated enough to use it. Most people probably don't even know about it!
Though I believe it is impossible to remove corruption completely, it is here even in west..

Other one is, Right to education
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_of_Children_to_Free_and_Compulsory_Education_Act
As you can guess, it is increase literacy. But it is still in its nascent stage.

The point is, due to various factors, the process to uplift the poor is slow in India. It is a really diverse country. You would find a different language every few hundred kilometers, different customs, different cultures. Each region has different problems. People choose their leaders not based on abilities, but on caste/region/religion. This things still have a strong impact on Indian society in general, and thus politics.

But with changing economics, and spread of media/education, people are getting aware. Elections are increasingly emphasizing on development and welfare of people than other factors.

This is a chain, people get more aware, they choose better government. Better government gives people better facilities, education, opportunities. In return, people develop (socioeconomically) and get more aware. It is a chain. It is just that this wheel is still turning very slow, but is acceleration.

It is not so easy.
This is a chain, people get more aware, they choose better government. Better government gives people better facilities, education, opportunities. In return, people develop (socioeconomically) and get more aware. It is a chain. It is just that this wheel is still turning very slow, but is acceleration.
Thanks for your answer, so develop the basic education is the key point.

But will the politician try their effort to stop the process?? they know that if the people are well-educated, it gonna be hard to manipulate them. Better to let them remain uneducated. Is this happening in India ? What are the majority politician's job ? In china, generally there is no politicians, just officers, almost all the officers are Engineer-background, very-rare lawyers.

But will the politician try their effort to stop the process?? they know that if the people are well-educated, it gonna be hard to manipulate them. Better to let them remain uneducated. Is this happening in India ? What are the majority politician's job ? In china, generally there is no politicians, just officers, almost all the officers are Engineer-background, very-rare lawyers.

In reality, that is one good thing about the politicians. They are not blocking education. In fact, this year the right to education bill was passed in parliament, which is a step in the right direction. Also, state governments are putting emphasis on not just primary education, but, specifically female literacy. For e.g, girls are given bicycles to go to their place of study, free of cost in 2 states in India.

The politician's job is primarily representing the constituency (his area) in the parliament. One thing, though, I will give to the politicians is that where education is concerned they have not put hindrances, but, encouraged it. The role of interpretation of the constitution is the role of the judiciary. This is out of the politician's responsibility. Their responsibility is in framing laws within the guidelines of the constitution, which in term is interpreted by the judiciary. Implementation of the law is the role of the excutive. The executive is composed of arguably some of the most intelligent Indians, comprising what is called the UPSC. Each state has its own State cadre also.

Hope have helped you understand a bit better.

Education is free in government owned schools along with free midday meals to students . Education and schools is also an election issue politicians can't fool people. Primary school enrollment already reached 99.99% in 2008 but lot need to be done for higher education.

Education is free in government owned schools along with free midday meals to students . Education and schools is also an election issue politicians can't fool people. Primary school enrollment already reached 99.99% in 2008 but lot need to be done for higher education.
I have seen Indian students doing well in the West. But some of them show me the picture that there are many kids in India sleeping on the street, lack of food. Is it the situation like now or these picture are old ones. 99.99 is good, keep on going. Another question is that why India GDP growth rate falls much ? I compare China and UK, China is still very good, the past 10 days holiday's busy traffic shows that the domestic market goes well, but many export-driven factory is dead. India is a more domestic driven economy, right ? Why gdp growth falls to 5.5% while inflation also goes 5%, China inflation is 2%, it shows that some shrinking is there, not as hot as before. Can you give some practical analysis ? No offensive please.

I see a lot of small kids in my neighborhood who are not going to school. They are migrant kids from villages and other states. I told my wife casually one day that they should be in school, not on the streets. My wife approached one family and offered help in enrollment of their kid....before you know she was swamped by three other families for help. The principal of the local school was also very encouraging. You see this will and hunger for educating their kids in every family.

It is very difficult to say how many kids are being left behind because of this displacement from villages to big towns. In a big country like India no accurate statistics can be done. You don't see authorities going around asking kids why they are not in school. Implementation is very lax and also basic infrastructure is crumbling and it has to be tackled with urgency.

I have seen Indian students doing well in the West. But some of them show me the picture that there are many kids in India sleeping on the street, lack of food. Is it the situation like now or these picture are old ones. 99.99 is good, keep on going. Another question is that why India GDP growth rate falls much ? I compare China and UK, China is still very good, the past 10 days holiday's busy traffic shows that the domestic market goes well, but many export-driven factory is dead. India is a more domestic driven economy, right ? Why gdp growth falls to 5.5% while inflation also goes 5%, China inflation is 2%, it shows that some shrinking is there, not as hot as before. Can you give some practical analysis ? No offensive please.

Those pictures may be recent. The children you saw in those picture may be migrated. Migrated from lesser developed states to more developed states. Since the migrated ones do not have their property in new state they have to sleep on street or railway stations. All the states of India are not evenly developed.
The economy of china and India can not be compared. The festive season in India will start from next month. GDP has fallen because some of the Govt policies went against country. India is service based economy unlike china which is industry based economy. If west faces slow down, services are to be affected.

India is multi party political party. most of the political parties are rival to each other. If governing party is going to cheat people, the opposition party goes to public. And appeal them to vote for them next time.
In India also, administrative work is done by officers who are appointed by clearing certain exam and interview. These officers do not changes with government. politicians just command them.

Q1: How Indians look at the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and the Middle East in General ?

Q2: How Indians look at the relations with Saudi Arabia ?
personal opinion
1) Palastine - Israel conflict is history based driven. Israel and and Palestine have to solve it mutually and peacefully. When whole Arab supports Palestine against tiny Israel, our sympathy develops more toward Israel. We think both Israel and Palestine should co-exist together. Iran and middle east countries should mind their own business. If one side is stronger over other, talks should be under the observation of UN

2) Relations between India and Saudi Arabia are mutually driven. Since India is non-muslim country, no special importance is given to Saudi Arabia. So far relations are friendly. I think SA is more logical country than any other Muslim country in the world.

Those pictures may be recent. The children you saw in those picture may be migrated. Migrated from lesser developed states to more developed states. Since the migrated ones do not have their property in new state they have to sleep on street or railway stations. All the states of India are not evenly developed.
The economy of china and India can not be compared. The festive season in India will start from next month. GDP has fallen because some of the Govt policies went against country. India is service based economy unlike china which is industry based economy. If west faces slow down, services are to be affected.
I see, I got two points from you. The development of India is not balanced, the same in China. Some rural areas in China is nothing better than India, from the picture view.
And China's contract-based Industry is influenced much, also you mention service in India is also influence a lot, the fall of west recently bring more negative effects on India comparing to China, right ?
Another question is that do you feel the economy goes down in India, inflation is too high? In China, I felt generally better compare to UK. Thanks man.
And do you know anybody work in the IT industry ? How it works in India ? How it get so many outsource jobs from outside ?

There are many reasons for economic slowdown. like recent corruption cases, policy paralysis and global slowdown. TMC the partner of ruling Congress party halted all types of reforms many parties are still against privatisation and foreign investments in India, now TMC has left the government and government is moving towards reforms.

I see, I got two points from you. The development of India is not balanced, the same in China. Some rural areas in China is nothing better than India, from the picture view.
And China's contract-based Industry is influenced much, also you mention service in India is also influence a lot, the fall of west recently bring more negative effects on India comparing to China, right ?
Another question is that do you feel the economy goes down in India, inflation is too high? In China, I felt generally better compare to UK. Thanks man.
And do you know anybody work in the IT industry ? How it works in India ? How it get so many outsource jobs from outside ?

Good command on English and low labor cost.

how much is the average income of the ordinary people in india?

There are many reasons for economic slowdown. like recent corruption cases, policy paralysis and global slowdown. TMC the partner of ruling Congress party halted all types of reforms many parties are still against privatisation and foreign investments in India, now TMC has left the government and government is moving towards reforms.

Good command on English and low labor cost.
How about inflation ?? Why it increased to that high ? Reform sounds a good idea. China also needs a lot of reforms.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom