What's new

Antony to Commission INS Sahyadri on Saturday

P.S. Would have PMed you if I could, but buddy you are doing a great job on this forum. Always posting on defense related threads and posts and on covering most of the topics especially the recent ones. Way to go buddy. Good to have posters like you.:tup:

thanks buddy, my pleasure :enjoy:

^^ waiting for INS Kolkata

P 15B destroyers will weigh 8,000 tons not 7,000 tons as per updated wiki

it means it weighs as much as daring class destroyer

^^ waiting for INS Kolkata

P 15B destroyers will weigh 8,000 tons not 7,000 tons as per updated wiki

it means it weighs as much as daring class destroyer

pls correct me if i m wrong - there is a difference between standard displacement & full displacement, i think Kolkata class standard is 7k tonne & full 8k tonnes whereas Daring class has standard disp. of 8k tonnes so full may be much higher. Also is there any other destroyer in the world heavier than that??

Also, u talking about kolkata class - p15A or follow on ships - p15B??

Video of the event!

why the headline in video is India Launch New Navy Aircraft I.N.S Sahyadri :what:

New ships require less men for operations and they are inducting more men .

thanks for info

so this stealth ships ,i guess ,require 20 to 30% less personnel due to greater degree of automation,right?

Last edited by a moderator:
why the headline in video is India Launch New Navy Aircraft I.N.S Sahyadri :what:

thanks for info

so this stealth ships ,i guess ,require 20 to 30% less personnel due to greater degree of automation,right?
I already asked....:chilli:

Is it me or anyone else think that the lady would have been more comfortable if she could explain in English. And too much gestures....but overall nice explanation which we rarely see...

Next in the line:

INS Kamorta
INS Tarkash
INS Kolkata

& biggest of them all INS Vikramaditya
In time specification when will we get the ships' name in bold....:undecided:

Now that GOD has spoken and given the final answer all discussion should cease !

BTW the thread is about commissioning of an Indian ship - where is the need to compare with anything ?

in order to get idea that how much advanced our ship is

it is logical to compare your warship with rival's warship

In time specification when will we get the ships' name in bold....:undecided:

Well according to wiki, INS Kamorta will be commissioned in Aug than both INS Tarkash & INS Kolkata in sept. maybe be one of them delayed till October.

pls correct me if i m wrong - there is a difference between standard displacement & full displacement, i think Kolkata class standard is 7k tonne & full 8k tonnes whereas Daring class has standard disp. of 8k tonnes so full may be much higher. Also is there any other destroyer in the world heavier than that??

Also, u talking about kolkata class - p15A or follow on ships - p15B??

sorry,perhaps that 8,000 is not full loaded weight of P 15B but standard one

Daring Class Destroyers

Length: 152.4 m (500 ft 0 in)
Beam: 21.2 m (69 ft 7 in)

P 15B destroyers

Length: 163 m (535 ft)
Beam: 17.4 m (57 ft)

The displacement of each Project 15B will be approximately 8,000 tonnes. As with most Indian design, the ship will operate two helicopters.

it seems that both ships will have nearly same standard weight, by seeing their length and beam

in order to get idea that how much advanced our ship is

it is logical to compare your warship with rival's warship

What comparison with a rivals warship do you see in post No 42.

I see only general statements.

Well according to wiki, INS Kamorta will be commissioned in Aug than both INS Tarkash & INS Kolkata in sept. maybe be one of them delayed till October.
4 ships and one ACC in this year....yay....:victory:

What comparison with a rivals warship do you see in post No 42.

I see only general statements.

i was replying to your post that why comparison is logical when you said why comparison?

i was not referring to post number 42

Back
Top Bottom