What's new

Antony to Commission INS Sahyadri on Saturday

Copy Maar Li U.S. kI..:lol:
On topic: Still we are far behind in numbers as compare to China. I wish one of us should start a Thread comparing Chinese and Indian Navies.

gr8 idea man! And then we should open a thread called: Who has the biggest dick ? :cheers:

gr8 idea man! And then we should open a thread called: Who has the biggest dick ? :cheers:
Damn.. dare to post sleeping pics of that to compare?:rofl:

Imho, it is necessery to post comparisons of forces, just to educate People like me, As I am aware of numbers only, not the technological aspects. And there are lots of people like me to get knowledge of it.

Nice pics :D
Second seems of Delta Land-warrior, is he ??? Heard of them but never seen any pic

A US Navy SEAL.

^^^ China's technology is relatively gettting better than anything India can purchase, let alone produce.

Type-095 SSN and the follow on to the Type-052C destroyer will be huge advances in Chinese military technology.

In the future not only will China have more numbers but also greater technological capabilities than India.

Ofcourse they are better than IN in SSN, they are developing it since 1970s & IN on other hand since 1990s, but mate u cannot say that for Type -052C follow on ship, since the follow on of Kolkata class (which already is technologically great) will be one hell of a beast.

P.S. How is life as a cheerleader???

^^^ China's technology is relatively gettting better than anything India can purchase, let alone produce.

Type-095 SSN and the follow on to the Type-052C destroyer will be huge advances in Chinese military technology.

In the future not only will China have more numbers but also greater technological capabilities than India.

Now that GOD has spoken and given the final answer all discussion should cease !

BTW the thread is about commissioning of an Indian ship - where is the need to compare with anything ?

I wonder when you will rename Bangladesh to CHinese Autonomous region of Bangladesh

Are you sure ???
"Helmet, knee-caps and shoes" made me think that is Delta :D

yes mate, here is the link :

US Navy SEAL Impression in Nomex Tan Flight Suit picture by daywalker21_2009 - Photobucket

The Hindu report:

Stealth frigate INS Sahyadri commissioned

While stressing on the need for a strong and vigilant Navy to defend the mainland, island territories and offshore assets, Defence Minister A. K. Antony on Saturday announced that the Navy would get seven more frigates under the next P-17A project.

“Cost negotiations are on into the P-17 A project and once that is done, the proposal will go to the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) for approval,’’ Mr. Antony told journalists at Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) complex in Mumbai. He said the Navy would continue to get five warships of different capabilities every year. He said the ongoing downturn in the economic situation would not affect defence plans. “First, let us spend the money which we have and then we will ask the government for more,” he said.

The Defence Minister was talking to media persons after commissioning INS Sahyadri, a Shivalik class stealth frigate, equipped with an array of modern weapons and sensors to operate both in peacetime and in a multi-threat environment. The warship has been built by MDL over the past seven years.

Mr. Antony emphasized that a strong Navy would successfully defend India’s exclusive economic zone, along the country’s vast coastline and maintain sea lanes of communication.

“The maintenance of a strong and credible Navy and strengthening cooperation and friendship with other countries to promote regional and global stability is the need of the hour. Today’s commissioning of the third stealth frigate of Shivalik class therefore marks yet another significant step in securing our maritime goals,” he said.

Pointing out that Indian Navy’s role as a key facilitator in promoting peace and stability in the Indian Ocean Region has been highly appreciated, Mr. Antony cautioned that the present operating environment of “our Navy dictates that we balance our resources, with a strategy that is responsive across the full range of blue and brown water operations.”

The Defence Minister said the Navy must maintain operational readiness at all times to thwart any possible misadventure directed against India’s national interests. “The country’s warship building programme must meet the Navy’s force level requirements. Over the years, there has been a gradual shift from being a Buyer’s Navy to a Builder’s Navy,” he said.

Mr. Antony said the focus must be on benchmarking our shipbuilding practices with the best international practices. He urged the Indian industry to participate whole heartedly in shipbuilding programmes and consolidate the Navy’s strengths.

Later, responding to questions from journalists, Mr. Antony said that in the past six months four rounds of discussions with the chiefs of three services have been held and defence procurement and modernization programme of the armed forces was going on smoothly.

On queries about allegations of corruption and leakages in the armed forces and the alleged involvement of controversial arms middleman Abhishek Verma in some deals, the Minister said that some cases had already been referred to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Enforcement Directorate (ED) and the two agencies were probing them.

INS Sahyadri

With the commissioning of this indigenous stealth frigate, third and last in the Shivalik class series, the Indian Navy has added teeth to its surface combatants’ fleet. The first two stealth frigates in the class are INS Shivalik and INS Satpura, which are now on active naval duty, including anti-piracy operations in the Gulf of Aden. The three stealth frigates in the P-17 project have cost about Rs. 10,000 crores. The first two warships – INS Shivalik and INS Satpura – were commissioned into service in April 2010 and August 2011 respectively.

INS Shivalik had only recently sailed up to China’s western Pacific coast on a long haul deployment and had docked in Shanghai. The Project 17 warships are named after hill ranges in India and the 143 meter long, 6,000-tonne vessels have advanced design and stealth features in the Indian Navy stable.

INS Sahyadri is equipped with some of the most advanced surface and air-to-air missiles of Russian, European and Israeli origin and can carry two helicopters – a mix of Dhrun, Sea King or Kamov – onboard for various missions.

Capt. Sanjay Vatsayan, the Commanding Officer of INS Sahyadri, read out the commissioning warrant amid cheers from a distinguished gathering. Among those present were Union Ministers Sachin Pilot and Milind Deora, Defence Secretary S.K. Sharma, Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Nirmal Verma and senior Navy officers. A crew of nearly 300 officers and men from the Navy will man the latest stealth frigate.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3665741.ece

Stop playing china card , have your country (whatever) designed any thing ?

The main iceing on the cake will come when the first kolkata destroyer of P-15A will be Commissioned in september this year.
are sea trials of kolkata going on or yet to start in few days..........?????

Mazagon Docks Limited (MDL) - Completed with Project - 17 looking forward for Project - 17A:tup:

Brahmaputra Class Frigates were approved by GOI in 1986 & all 3 commissioned by 2005 (19 years).

Shivalik Class Frigates were approved by GOI in 1997 & all 3 commissioned by 2012 (15 years).

P-17A's approved by GOI in 2011 & all 7 to be commissioned by ??????

Mazagon Docks Limited (MDL) - Completed with Project - 17 looking forward for Project - 17A:tup:

Brahmaputra Class Frigates were approved by GOI in 1986 & all 3 commissioned by 2005 (19 years).

Shivalik Class Frigates were approved by GOI in 1997 & all 3 commissioned by 2012 (15 years).

P-17A's approved by GOI in 2011 & all 7 to be commissioned by ??????
It shows how are we giving China to go way ahead of us in naval power, instead of catching up. We are lagging behind and gap is increasing day by day. They have increased their capacity but we are still in nascent phase for such a long time. Technologically they are also getting ahead and not to forget increase in their offensive power.

Delays are still not sorted out. IAC-1 delayed, Scorpene subs delayed, no news on 2nd indigenous SSBN (Aridhman, may be its status is kept secret).

P.S. Everyone, kindly don't accuse me of bringing China in it....its a major reason we are building our naval strength along with our ambition to be a blue water navy.

Dude you know you are sounding like a kid who says my cousin Mamu's friend's Father in law is a Big shot in honolulu....i don't know why Few Pakistani's and Bangladeshi's has started chest thumping on Chineese achivements.....

@Jha Agree with you sir....I think India should go for
6 Talwar Class{Krivak class}
6 Shivalik Class{Order for Next Batch should be given Private Ship yard}
7 P17A

Ho gaya..? Now shooooo...

OT : Shivalik class has a a lot of potential. We should be inducting more of these rather than the Krivaks.

It shows how are we giving China to go way ahead of us in naval power, instead of catching up. We are lagging behind and gap is increasing day by day. They have increased their capacity but we are still in nascent phase for such a long time. Technologically they are also getting ahead and not to forget increase in their offensive power.

Delays are still not sorted out. IAC-1 delayed, Scorpene subs delayed, no news on 2nd indigenous SSBN (Aridhman, may be its status is kept secret).

P.S. Everyone, kindly don't accuse me of bringing China in it....its a major reason we are building our naval strength along with our ambition to be a blue water navy.

Why bringing China in it......:lol:

On a positive note, when construction for Brahmaputra class began, facilities were not in place to construct such a sophisticated frigate, by the time we reached to the Shivalik's our construction time decreased, i mean building world's largest stealth frigate in 15 years time i.e. on average 5 years per ship not at all a bad job, i m sure MDL has now got the technological expertise to build such warships & P-17A will be built by both MDL & GRSE, so i m sure till 2025 (max.) we will have all 7 commissioned into the navy.

+ how can one forget the follow on order of Talwar class (3 more), the earlier order was signed in 2006 & by 2013 (9 years) we will induct all three thus if say contract is signed in 2012 we will get all by 2020, this means IN will induct 7+3 = 10 more frigates in next 13 years (nearly one frigate per year) :woot:

Why bringing China in it......:lol:

On a positive note, when construction for Brahmaputra class began, facilities were not in place to construct such a sophisticated frigate, by the time we reached to the Shivalik's our construction time decreased, i mean building world's largest stealth frigate in 15 years time i.e. on average 5 years per ship, i m sure MDL has now got the technological expertise to build such warships & P-17A will be built by both MDL & GRSE, so i m sure till 2025 (max.) we will have all 7 commissioned into the navy.
As I said they will have significant influence in Indian ocean in future and not to mention possible docking and naval base at Gwadar which would easily be given by Pakistan.

Indian Ocean will soon become one of the most competitive region comprising US, China and India's fleets along with SCS and Pacific region.

P.S. Would have PMed you if I could, but buddy you are doing a great job on this forum. Always posting on defense related threads and posts and on covering most of the topics especially the recent ones. Way to go buddy. Good to have posters like you.:tup:

Back
Top Bottom