What's new

Antony says India will match Chinese military infra buildup

Our military budget is flexible, it can be 100 billion this year and 200 billion next year.

This all depends on our wish.

Don’t go by nominal terms. According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, India’s defence budget (PPP) was $100 billion way back in 2009 while China’s was $140 billion. Given that you army is quantitatively larger than India’s, the money left for modernization and capital expenditure should be almost same.

Why dont you read news articles in the last 12 months??? Its a metaphorical term but I suppose eenglish is not our first language?

English may not be my first language, but I do have good command over English. And I do read newspapers. No where did I found that US is going down. In fact, it will be the only developed country to have its economy ranked in top 3 by 2040.

No. China is much closer to the US than India is to China.

China's GDP will suprpass the US's before 2020 and Chinese military technology is much closer to US than Indian is to Chinese.

Official figure of US defence budget is $650 Billion, while unofficial figure is said to have crossed $1 trillion, While China's official defence budget is $90 billion, while unofficial figure is around $140 billion

china's infra is > 11% of her humongous gdp as per 2010 ( as high as >29% in recent years), whereas india's is about 6% at its current peak, averaging more like 2% for the past decade, if i recall well.

with WHAT "india will match chinese military infra buildup" ?

with antony's 2-digit iq, excuse me if I am too optimistic, and his 12-inch-width mouth?

china's infra is > 11% of her humongous gdp as per 2010 ( as high as >29% in recent years), whereas india's is about 6% at its current peak, averaging more like 2% for the past decade, if i recall well.

with WHAT "india will match chinese military infra buildup" ?

with antony's 2-digit iq, excuse me if I am too optimistic, and his 12-inch-width mouth?

The cook turned stand up comedian is back ! He has got what it takes to be both; a single digit IQ

i just googled indian and pakistani gdps....

india 1.73 trillion

pakistan 174.8 billion

which gives indian economy is 9.9 times larger than pakistan economy....well done india

Dear Bro you googled wrong please find below link which show GDP of Pakistan in year 2010 i.e US$ 202.831 billion (2010 estimate) and current year we already pass US$ 210 billion till date and the figure you mention was in 2009

Pakistan GDP Data & Country Report | Global Finance

Dear Bro you googled wrong please find below link which show GDP of Pakistan in year 2010 i.e US$ 202.831 billion (2010 estimate) and current year we already pass US$ 210 billion till date and the figure you mention was in 2009

Pakistan GDP Data & Country Report | Global Finance

but ur figure about indian GDP is definitely wrong.....its 1.704 trillion according to the same website 2010 estimate

Official figure of US defence budget is $650 Billion, while unofficial figure is said to have crossed $1 trillion, While China's official defence budget is $90 billion, while unofficial figure is around $140 billion

China is indeed behind US right now, but at least China and US are both weapon makers, whereas India is only a weapon buyer so far.

So it shouldn't be classified into the same category with China.

yet another d!ck measuring contest!!! Guys plz wake up and smell the coffee. India cannot DEFEAT CHINA in a full-scale war in the near future. We can just try to ensure that we do not lose any territory. But yes, a border skirmish in lets say, North East, we may be able to push back China's advances, if that happens. and this is what India is preparing for.. a 2-front war, hold China and defeat pakistan... and btw, any sane person knows that if China and pakistan attack India together, that will turn into WW III (do your calculations.). i am not taking that scenario into account.

our economy is very small in comparison to china, and pakistan is much smaller than us in that regard. SO WHAT !!! that's why we r different nations!!! what we need here is a cooperative growth model, based on mutual respect, so that everyone can grow!!!! why do u need a war??? and btw, for the Indian Armed Forces, they need to prepare and be ready for every eventuality... History is a very rude teacher!!!!

China is indeed behind US right now, but at least China and US are both weapon makers, whereas India is only a weapon buyer so far.

So it shouldn't be classified into the same category with China.

No we should have a different category for China, the only country in the world to copy weapons

Back
Top Bottom