What's new

Another Movie banned in Pakistan:Why? Muslim Girl Falls in love with Hindu

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure about India, but outside it's very rare. In my life I only knew one muslim girl who was in love with a hindu guy. I find most muslim girls to be very self conscious of their identity, even if they are not fully Islamic. This is a good thing. They will hardly ever consider marrying outside their faith

On the other hand, there were several hindu and specially (sikh) girls that I knew in Canada, who were in love muslim boys

Sikhs in UK are so scared that their girls will run off with Muslims. Many Sikh girls marry Muslims in UK.

Meanwhile here in the US my sikh friends don't give two damns and actually try to wingman for me. :lol:

it is rare indeed... same for Indians... both societes are traditionalist.. but happens nevertheless... :)
you meant first gen.. right? I agree, Indians can be ultra conservatives to complete liberals (first generation)

thats your take.. many of them do practice islam as they used to before marriage(prayers etc).. so technically they are muslims..

:lol:

There is no 'takes'.

You either are Muslim or you are not.

You can't comprehend Islam with Hindu lens.

most muslims do retain religion now a days, it was a practice that girl converts but no longer the case in India.. shahrukh and hritik's wife did not convert..
they remain practicing muslim/hindu. does not matter what others say about them.. lol

They can say whatever they want but according to Islam, God begs to differ on the subject.

Musharraf.........!
now do you want me to answer your question... why we did not do then and doing now? why dont you ask that question to the govt that banned.. :)

There is no 'takes'.

there is no hindu lens.. you are the one wearing green glasses.. or may be black..
i am talking legally they are muslims, unless they change their religion.. in UK and India..
what about law in pakistan? do they automatically become converts?

Shahrukh Khan and Amir Khan both married to Hindu girls...nobody bothered in India

I used to know somebody who is married to muslim girl... against wishes of her parents.. he is a hyderabadi.. :)
another hindu girl was married to a muslim, and converted...

There is no 'takes'.

That is the gist of the problem. Along with Indian Muslims in India trying to suck up to hindus by putting a hindu twist on Islam.
Like Salman Khan thinking its OK to bow to idol.

Though the Sonam Kapoor-Dhanush starrer is minting good money at the box office in India and overseas, the romcom cannot be shown across the border, banned by the Pakistani Central Board of Film Censors. Why?
This isn’t the first time that the Central Board of Film Censors (CBFC) of Pakistan has banned the release of a Bollywood movie in their country for ‘anti-Pakistan’ sentiments – some recent examples include Salman Khan’s Ek Tha Tiger and Saif Ali Khan’s Agent Vinod. Now Aanand L Rai’s romcom Raanjhanaa has been disallowed for screening by the Pakistani CBFC shortly before its scheduled release.

Amjad Rasheed, CEO of IMGC Global Entertainment and the importer of Raanjhanaa told a newspaper that he received a letter from CBFC demanding that he shelve the film’s release. “The letter states that Raanjhanaa portrays an inapt image of a Muslim girl (Sonam Kapoor) falling in love with a Hindu boy (Dhanush) and having an affair with him.”

Aanand Rai’s love triangle was scheduled to release in Pakistan during the last week of June. And they say art shouldn’t be restricted to any limitations or boundaries!

http://www.bollywoodlife.com/news-gossip/why-is-raanjhanaa-banned-in-pakistan/

I have watched the movie, Zoya (Sonam Kapoor) is not shown having an affair with Kundan (Dhanush). BTW the film is really good.

may be god agrees with me.. :lol:
dont be so sure...

We are 100% sure. :)

Perhaps yes ...perhaps no

She became Muslim. That is why Muhammad Ali Jinnah did not speak to his daughter because she married a non-Muslim and when she said to him but you married a non-Muslim he replied that she had converted.

We are 100% sure. :)
you never know.. people always claim new explanations for the same verses.. earth was flat and now round... society evolves...
anyway.. I dont think those who marry bother about mine or your view... and are always happy to reinterpret verses to suit them..
legal view in UK and India.. no change in religion unless you denouce and change..

it is rare indeed... same for Indians... both societes are traditionalist.. but happens nevertheless... :)
you meant first gen.. right? I agree, Indians can be ultra conservatives to complete liberals (first generation)

Not really... what i meant is tht the first n second generations are solid with their traditions... its only after the 3rd gen tht this "minority" emerges... as for indians... come on man... u live in UK... you know what im talkin about... indians are probably the "boldest" people in the region...irrespective of the generations...

My Name is Khan - Hindu girl marries Muslim guy .

Gangs of Wasseypur - Hindu Girl Marries Muslim guy

Jodhaa Akbar - Hindu girl marries Muslim Guy

Salman Khan dated many Hindu girls

ShahRukh Khan married to Hindu girl

Saif Ali Khan married 2 Hindu Girls

Aamir Khan married 2 Hindu girls

Yet, all huge HITS in India.

Us Indians are much more open minded people who don't look at everything from the prism of religion. :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom