What's new

Another Ban : Zero Dark Thirty will not be shown in Pakistan cinemas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pakistan's film industry was better they should make films about Britain and US, these nations also have a very long history.

Since most pakistanis felt osama's killing was a bad thing, the movie would have hurt public sentiment - a genuine reason for banning the movie.

2011-Pakistan-01.png

If Pakistan's film industry was better they should make films about Britain and US, these nations also have a very long history.
First, it won't matter as for good propaganda through movies require strong movie industry, and for that Pakistan film industry had to be successful in Pakistan and also in Gulf Countries and Afghanistan for at least a decade.

All banning does is make people want things more. Stupid decision. If we were strong our culture would dominate them. The sons of Ibn Rushd, Ibn Khaldun and Al Masudi are actually banning things. This is amazing. Bans never work but only make people crave something more. If you do not believe me check what the most searched word on google is today in Pakistan.

People download 90% of their movies or watch online. In a country where nothing is implemented its amazing how quick we are with a ban because that movie will soon be sold by every shopkeeper in every nook and corner. We just gave more reason for people to stock up on it.

First, it won't matter as for good propaganda through movies require strong movie industry, and for that Pakistan film industry had to be successful in Pakistan and also in Gulf Countries and Afghanistan for at least a decade.

Krait I don't watch Indian movies but what was that movie in which Akshay Kumar is standing and giving speech to white people in Hindi?

In Pakistan we make films where we are kissing white peoples feet. Lol. Watch movie called baghi (lollywood) or was it soldier? **** forgot.

Basically guys this displays a mentality. There is a difference between a nation that guards its interests (is assertive) and one that is subservient. Never in history has a subservient nation dominated the world. It would be wise if we remember that when we are accepting our foreign policy as it is. We are doing things that will largely have no effect whatsoever.

Indians are increasingly assertive which is giving them growth. Pakistanis are not and our growth has slumped to 2%. Foreign investment even in Sri Lanka was higher than us.
Foreign Investment in Pakistan for the year 2012 remained US $766 million, lower than SriLanka ($956 mn), Bangladesh ($1193mn) and India ($39231mn).

We are suffering because of poor policy decisions.

@haviZsultan Problem is that many nations don't take Soft power as good weapon if used good fashion. Most of Indian movies are watched in Middle East countries.

Pakistan have good market in Middle East and enough number of Pakistani people to watch those movies. Then local people will also see it. Pakistan could have build a good image and soft corner among people of Middle East through their movies.

People think its not that important. Instead of banning this movie they should allow people to see what US says about their country and so people who keep silent even if US do anything,

Last edited by a moderator:
@haviZsultan Problem is that many nations don't take Soft power as good weapon if used good fashion. Most of Indian movies are watched in Middle East countries.

Pakistan have good market in Middle East and enough number of Pakistani people to watch those movies. Then local people will also see it. Pakistan could have build a good image and soft corner among people of Middle East through their movies.

People think its not that important. Instead of banning this movie they should allow people to see what US says about their country and so people who keep silent even if US do anything,

People haven't learned this simple thing Krait. Even Slackistan was banned and now literally everyone I talk to here in Karachi has watched it. People crave things more when you ban them. Instead good artists should be supported. For example South Koreas economic model which allowed the Korean economy to expand their GDP per capita from $2300 in 1980 to $30,000 in 2010 has a part that focused on Korean exporters and the most powerful companies. The weak were left out and there were no subsidies for them. Instead they focused on exports and obviously only the competitive, powerful ones could export their products globally. We can apply the same thing to projecting our image and culture worldwide. We could promote the best and most powerful of our films like Bol and Khuda Key liyey which have been relative successes but almost no one in India knows about them (particularly Khuda Key liyey had a focus on an International issue) despite sharing the same language.

I mean lets be truthful here. Many Pakistanis watch bollywood films (other than those like me) but Indians don't even know about Khuda Key Liyey. Also the focus of the film is on Muslims but then again India has no dearth of Muslims.

Bans never work. Its the ideology of a weak mind and it shows insecurity-that your worldview is failing and your own countrymen are being dominated by other peoples worldviews. It shows weakness but people don't see it. Furthermore the funny thing is what is implemented in our country. People will still stock up on the film. We don't understand this. All they have to do here is promote directors that have directed hits. You reward successful people, encourage talent and it will bloom. You bring Chaundhry sahabs in the movie industry it will go to the bin.

Do note just because the name is "Jism" do not watch the Pakistani film of the same name. :D
I actually watch Lollywood films as a statement of solidarity but am laughing usually.

@haviZsultan Actually people have seen Khuda ke liye in India and many people. They liked the movie. I saw some part and I liked it.

Indians are so obsessed with Pakistan they are discussing a ban of American film in Pakistan. Whilst not a single American present. Wow.

Indians are so obsessed with Pakistan they are discussing a ban of American film in Pakistan. Whilst not a single American present. Wow.
What ? Dude, currently there are two threads running on Beard of Indian Muslim and on Interview of Indian Muslim actor. This is called obsession. :D

What ? Dude, currently there are two threads running on Beard of Indian Muslim and on Interview of Indian Muslim actor. This is called obsession. :D

And check five dozen threads Indians start daily on Pakistans internal affairs. That is real obsession. Though this thread takes the cake for it isn't even your movie nor your country but still your boys would start thread about it and get involved in a daunting debate.

And check five dozen threads Indians start daily on Pakistans internal affairs. That is real obsession. Though this thread takes the cake for it isn't even your movie nor your country but still your boys would start thread about it and get involved in a daunting debate.
Dude its Pakistan Defense Forum. You have entire section on Social and Economic Issue. :hitwall:

Where should we discuss about Pakistan ? Chinese forum ?

Dude its Pakistan Defense Forum. You have entire section on Social and Economic Issue. :hitwall:

Where should we discuss about Pakistan ? Chinese forum ?

And they are discussing only two issues in the Indian section of the forum. Where do you want them to discuss it? Bhutanese forum?

If they are obsessed by opening only a handful of threads on India then what you guys do here, the word obsession doesn't even come close. Movie kiski, mulk kiska, and here come Indians on a troll bandwagon. Really, get a life.

And they are discussing only two issues in the Indian section of the forum. Where do you want them to discuss it? Bhutanese forum?If they are obsessed by opening only a handful of threads on India then what you guys do here, the word obsession doesn't even come close. Movie kiski, mulk kiska, and here come Indians on a troll bandwagon. Really, get a life.
Discussion on Beard of Indian Muslim ? Do you think this what you should discuss ?

BTW Indian social issue which has nothing to do with Pakistan is a banned topic. kindly ask any MOD or read the list of banned topics.

Discussion on Beard of Indian Muslim ? Do you think this what you should discuss ?

BTW Indian social issue which has nothing to do with Pakistan is a banned topic. kindly ask any MOD or read the list of banned topics.
first of all i dont open threads on india and i hardly ever post anything on indian issues. I don't care about Indian social issues, I don't post there, I don't even visit that side of the forum board. If they are violating some rules then I guess mods should close the thread and warn them.

I got this movie on Thursday and didn't even complete halfway that the interest was lost for being unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom