What's new

Another Altaf Drama begins

I thought his shenanigans is more of a political blackmailing Ganjaa on gaining favours or settling some past grudge instead of change of heart for PTI-PAT.

They used to be, but at this point there are two things on his head.
First and foremost: the Scotland Yard noose closing in on him. He wants to get out of that net because that net he cannot change regardless of whether Karachi is brought to a total halt or not. Any actions taken while he is in country he can change with that.

Second, he wishes to hand over the leadership to a successor before he goes. This is to ensure the continiation of the party and not a tussle later. Basically, the idea is that this successor will be empowered by Big Bro himself before he conks out for good so to ensure a similar grip on the party later on.

Third, He also has ideas of grandeur in that he wishes to maintain his relevance on the greater political stage of Pakistan. Essentially he wants to taste the power of holding an office in the government of Pakistan before he goes.. as a self assuaging act.

First and foremost: the Scotland Yard noose closing in on him. He wants to get out of that net because that net he cannot change regardless of whether Karachi is brought to a total halt or not. Any actions taken while he is in country he can change with that.

Second, he wishes to hand over the leadership to a successor before he goes. This is to ensure the continiation of the party and not a tussle later. Basically, the idea is that this successor will be empowered by Big Bro himself before he conks out for good so to ensure a similar grip on the party later on.

Third, He also has ideas of grandeur in that he wishes to maintain his relevance on the greater political stage of Pakistan. Essentially he wants to taste the power of holding an office in the government of Pakistan before he goes.. as a self assuaging act.

That seems plausible, but why did Scotland yard extend his bail for so long? I know he has some good lawyers working for him, and a lot of the legal help is Pakistani-Mohajir origin, but still, Scotland yard needs to take him into custody and investigate every nook and cranny he has. The moment he is bailed out, he comes back on telephone and skype speaking like a load of poo......and the usual party resignation, this that drama continues.

15 days and he will rid Karachi of land mafia.....lulz, what?

he is placing his open demand for getting back to Pakistan, in otherwords if PTI want to see his favor, then they have to let him get back to Pakistan or if Govt want his sole favor during current situation, then they have to let him to come Pakistan now...
apni qeemat bta raha Govt and PTI, Qadri...

That would be next to impossible, that MQM guys (Maqbool I think) speech in NA was being praised a lot by MQM supporters. I thought Altaf was a bit jilted by that and this was his usual practice for publicly re-affirming his control over party affairs and negating the effect of Maqbool's speech (Altaf tends to demote every popular MQM leader after a while).

That would be next to impossible, that MQM guys (Maqbool I think) speech in NA was being praised a lot by MQM supporters. I thought Altaf was a bit jilted by that and this was his usual practice for publicly re-affirming his control over party affairs and negating the effect of Maqbool's speech (Altaf tends to demote every popular MQM leader after a while).
Sorry to dis agree, he is piss of by over all parliamentarian not solving the crises and bashing insulting each other, anger on rabeta committee is a different issue.

That is because Maqbool is not the favourite. These people are public faces but are not the favourites to lead the party.

That seems plausible, but why did Scotland yard extend his bail for so long? I know he has some good lawyers working for him, and a lot of the legal help is Pakistani-Mohajir origin, but still, Scotland yard needs to take him into custody and investigate every nook and cranny he has. The moment he is bailed out, he comes back on telephone and skype speaking like a load of poo......and the usual party resignation, this that drama continues.

15 days and he will rid Karachi of land mafia.....lulz, what?

They have procedures and he as good lawyers that know how to exploit it.

I would not balk at the capacity MQM has to turn Karachi around if given a free hand.

That is because Maqbool is not the favourite. These people are public faces but are not the favourites to lead the party.

They have procedures and he as good lawyers that know how to exploit it.

I would not balk at the capacity MQM has to turn Karachi around if given a free hand.

Land mafia or extortion.

take your pick.

Back
Top Bottom