What's new

Anger in Kerala as Amit Shah Turns Onam into ‘Brahminical Vamana Jayanti’

Hard to believe .Mythology has different versions and one is more truthful and way different than other.
Another version of Mahabali is that he began to outlaw the Indra through his good deeds.
And there is a reason for its legitmacy.All other Adharmic kings were killed by Vishnu through brutal ways .
In Mahabali's case he opted this way and even gave a boon to return for one day .
Means invasion theory is weak.

Sreekrishnan is also a Vishnu Avatar and most beloved God of most of Hindus .

You choose to believe the communist and the British, I choose to believe the Hindu scriptures and Hinduism.

I would call british and commi history as Mythology because that they what they really are. A spin and fantasy passed on has history. But you have no qualms about accepting that due to brain washing.

There is no "invasion theory' . Just because you have not read the Bhagvat Puranas or Vamana Puran does not mean you get to form your own "theory" to support your prejudice.

The Puranas (which mean story of old, or in other words History) mention Maha Bali in the TRETA YUGA. Its BEFORE Sr. Ram Chandra ji.

This means it happened between 8000 years to a few hundred Thousand years ago. Did Kerala even exist then to celebrate 'Maha Bali' as a King of Kerala ? :lol:

Kerala was created by Parashuram when he threw his axe and parted the sea to form Kerala. Parashuram was the SIXTH Avatar of Vishnu. Vamana was the FIFTH Avatar in the Dashavataram of Vishnu.

Any Hindu who knows the scriptures will laugh at the illogical claims of a Malayalee for celebrating Onam. For appropriating Maha Bali as a Mallu king. The whole thing is laughable.

In fact there is a Ancient City of Maha Bali Puram in Tamil Nadu which was known as the Capital of the King MahaBali. So if anything King Maha Bali was a TAMIL King.

There is a huge Temple in MahaBalipuram which has a cave called Vamana Cave with a statute of Vishnu in Vamana Avatar consuming MahaBali and his kingdom.

DSC_0101-Aps.jpg

The Magnificent temple at MahaBaliPuram.

The_Seven_Pagodas.jpg

Sea_shore_temple_1,_mahabalipuram.jpg

a96695_a456_india.jpg

mb3.jpg

mahabalipuram-10.jpg

Can you Show me a SINGLE temple to MahaBali in Kerala ? or even a single temple to Vamana ?

You choose to believe the communist and the British, I choose to believe the Hindu scriptures and Hinduism.

I would call british and commi history as Mythology because that they what they really are. A spin and fantasy passed on has history. But you have no qualms about accepting that due to brain washing.

There is no "invasion theory' . Just because you have not read the Bhagvat Puranas or Vamana Puran does not mean you get to form your own "theory" to support your prejudice.

The Puranas (which mean story of old, or in other words History) mention Maha Bali in the TRETA YUGA. Its BEFORE Sr. Ram Chandra ji.

This means it happened between 8000 years to a few hundred Thousand years ago. Did Kerala even exist then to celebrate 'Maha Bali' as a King of Kerala ? :lol:

Kerala was created by Parashuram when he threw his axe and parted the sea to form Kerala. Parashuram was the SIXTH Avatar of Vishnu. Vamana was the FIFTH Avatar in the Dashavataram of Vishnu.

Any Hindu who knows the scriptures will laugh at the illogical claims of a Malayalee for celebrating Onam. For appropriating Maha Bali as a Mallu king. The whole thing is laughable.

In fact there is a Ancient City of Maha Bali Puram in Tamil Nadu which was known as the Capital of the King MahaBali. So if anything King Maha Bali was a TAMIL King.

There is a huge Temple in MahaBalipuram which has a cave called Vamana Cave with a statute of Vishnu in Vamana Avatar consuming MahaBali and his kingdom.

DSC_0101-Aps.jpg

The_Seven_Pagodas.jpg

a96695_a456_india.jpg

mb3.jpg

mahabalipuram-10.jpg

Can you Show me a SINGLE temple to MahaBali in Kerala ? or even a single temple to Vamana ?

If he has any common sense he should keep his mouth shut hereafter of Mahabali being king of Kerala.

If he has any common sense he should keep his mouth shut hereafter of Mahabali being king of Kerala.

I welcome a debate as long as its sensible and rational. The whole spin emanating from kerala stinks of Ignorance and the most annoying part is to see them celebrating this ignorance as 'local custom', especially on Onam where Knowledge was suppose to conquer ignorance.

Since when did 'local custom' become 'anti hindu' customs ?

I would say this is an unnecessary controversy..... Amit shah can wish vamana jayanti, and Keralites can celebrate Onam....... Let us not forget we have our own celebrations during onam at Thrikkakkara temple in Cochin......

I welcome a debate as long as its sensible and rational. The whole spin emanating from kerala stinks of Ignorance and the most annoying part is to see them celebrating this ignorance as 'local custom', especially on Onam where Knowledge was suppose to conquer ignorance.

Since when did 'local custom' become 'anti hindu' customs ?

They are rabidly anti-Hindu while remaining nominal Hindus. They have huge contempt for rest of Indian Hindus and a supremacist attitude.

They are rabidly anti-Hindu while remaining nominal Hindus. They have huge contempt for rest of Indian Hindus and a supremacist attitude.

I would not want to generalise since a few sensible hindus still exist in Kerala :P , but the whole recent 'controversy' is just built on hot air.

I would not want to generalise since a few sensible hindus still exist in Kerala :P , but the whole recent 'controversy' is just built on hot air.

Sensible Hindus form a very minuscule percentage of Hindus in Kerala. I would make a distinction though between those Hindus who left Kerala decades ago before communism corrupted its soul. They remain traditional sensible Hindus. Again, I have heard somewhere there are more Mallus outside Kerala than within. So huge numbers of sensible Hindu Mallus do exist.

DSC_0101-Aps.jpg

The_Seven_Pagodas.jpg

a96695_a456_india.jpg

mb3.jpg

mahabalipuram-10.jpg

Did I say otherwise?
Noone knows when did the Mahabali got the prominence in Vamana Dwadesi .
Do you know that?
AFAIK communism was introduced only after Karl Marx and other Russian commies.
Keralites faith in Mahabali is starting even before that ,even before the Brits.
You are the one that said Mahabali invaded Indra and his kingdom

Well I have some doubt about it .
SriRam was also ruled during Tretayuga .

Nope .We have temples that still worship Vamana
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrikkakara_Temple
Mahabali prathishta can be seen in some temple as Upadavatha.

Perhaps this festival has some history from Chera rule.Not sure about it

Sensible Hindus form a very minuscule percentage of Hindus in Kerala. I would make a distinction though between those Hindus who left Kerala decades ago before communism corrupted its soul. They remain traditional sensible Hindus. Again, I have heard somewhere there are more Mallus outside Kerala than within. So huge numbers of sensible Hindu Mallus do exist.

Yup .Sensible BJP leaders was in embarrassment and in silence after Amit Shah posted stupidity

Not hindus ,but stupid people that cant understand native traditions in different places.You cant call this as a supremacist attitude

Did I say otherwise?
Noone knows when did the Mahabali got the prominence in Vamana Dwadesi .
Do you know that?
AFAIK communism was introduced only after Karl Marx and other Russian commies.
Keralites faith in Mahabali is starting even before that ,even before the Brits.
You are the one that said Mahabali invaded Indra and his kingdom

Well I have some doubt about it .
SriRam was also ruled during Tretayuga .

Nope .We have temples that still worship Vamana
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrikkakara_Temple
Mahabali prathishta can be seen in some temple as Upadavatha.

Perhaps this festival has some history from Chera rule.Not sure about it

Maha Bali story was a story told to children during the celebrations to ensure they are well behaved. Its the same reason the story of santa clause exist.

Children are told to behave well because their behaviour will be seen by Maha Bali when he comes to visit and he will be disappointed when they behave naughty.

As the children grew up they were suppose to learn the sashtras and puranas to understand the new significance and meaning of Onam. Only that stage of dharmic education was destroyed and the people got stuck with the mallu version of Santa Clause.

Of the Dasha Avatar, Four of Vishnu Avatar was in Satya Yuga, and Three of Vishnu avatar was in Treta yuga.

Vamana, Parushuram and Sri Ram in that descending order.

In fact Ram is an auspicious name because three of the Vishnu avatar was called 'Ram'.

1. Parashu Ram who's real name was 'Ram'. Prashu means axe. ParashuRam mean 'Axe carrying Ram'.
2. Sri Ram chandra ji, prince of ayodya
3. Bala Ram (Sri. Krishnas brother) who's real name as also 'Ram'. He was called bala rama because he was very strong.

Thrikakara temple worship is the original history of Onam in Kerala. As you rightly said, its a Vamana temple and the celebration there starts on Vamana Dwiti.

What is the stupidity? Have Mallu Hindus stopped worshipping Vishnu to be so insulted by Vishnu's name? What shameless bunch of people you are.

Vishnu was completely wrong here. King Mahabali was a just ruler who was most loved by his people. Lord Vishnu played trick to help treacherous Indra. We do not despise Vishnu but we love King Mahabali more than anyone else. You can come up with any excuse but you cant take out the love Malayalis have for their King Mahabali.

Vishnu was completely wrong here. King Mahabali was a just ruler who was most loved by his people. Lord Vishnu played trick to help treacherous Indra. We do not despise Vishnu but we love King Mahabali more than anyone else. You can come up with any excuse but you cant take out the love Malayalis have for their King Mahabali.

LOL.... you should stick to loving Jesus than Tamil king Maha Bali.

Jesus played trick on the jews and sided with the treacherous romans. Only in the end the jews stoned him and the Romans strung him up on a cross and his own follower made smart choice and sold him for 13 pieces of silver.

I suggest you leave Hinduism for Hindus. You still want to celebrate onam, do so by all means, just don't share your bigoted views with us. It only makes you more despicable.

I do not need to prove who is bigoted. You have proved it yourself.

LOL.... you should stick to loving Jesus than Tamil king Maha Bali.

Jesus played trick on the jews and sided with the treacherous romans. Only in the end the jews stoned him and the Romans strung him up on a cross and his own follower made smart choice and sold him for 13 pieces of silver.

I suggest you leave Hinduism for Hindus. You still want to celebrate onam, do so by all means, just don't share your bigoted views with us. It only makes you more despicable.

Vishnu was not wrong and neither is your love for King Mahabali. Vishnu did what was necessary to establish dharma and restore the cosmic order. Without Vishnu though there is no cosmic order or Mahabali, so consider that for a moment before you align your priorities.

I do not need to prove who is bigoted. You have proved it yourself.

LOL...... u'r the christian who though she could teach Hinduism to hindus.

I only replied back to you in your own coin because I do not think you deserve anything better.

Everything I have said about Jesus is factual, no ? He was stoned by the Jews, he was lynched by the Romans and he was betrayed by his own friend for money. That should tell you something.

Can anyone prove that Indra was superior or a better King than Mahabali? Our sacred texts are filled with the escapades of Indra. I may know little about religion but this is what a common man sees. Infact.. most Malayalees.

Dont think that I am ridiculing Hinduism in anyway. It is the religion of my ancestors and I admire its open ended philosophical beliefs. It gives a man freedom to seek knowledge on his own.
Vishnu was not wrong and neither is your love for King Mahabali. Vishnu did what was necessary to establish dharma and restore the cosmic order. Without Vishnu though there is no cosmic order or Mahabali, so consider that for a moment before you align your priorities.

You have scored a point. You can sleep a happy man now. :-)
LOL...... u'r the christian who though she could teach Hinduism to hindus.

I only replied back to you in your own coin because I do not think you deserve anything better.

Everything I have said about Jesus is factual, no ? He was stoned by the Jews, he was lynched by the Romans and he was betrayed by his own friend for money. That should tell you something.

Back
Top Bottom