What's new

Ancient India Had Planes: Controversial Claim At Science Congress

One of the oldest and prestigious Science Congresses in the world, actually.

When was the last time such an event took place in your place(wherever that may be)?

I opened a thread today asking for the science congress to be renamed Bhakt Congress

Indian Bhakt Congress

The papers are with HAL. Besides there are many designs - only one lasted for 37 seconds. IISc studied and concluded that almost all are aerodynamically bogus. But exceptions are there.

A flight over Chowpatty that made history - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site
Shivkar Bapuji Talpade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Check the references in the end)

We are talking about heavier than air travel. :)

In fact check this out - the list is pretty large ...
List of aviation pioneers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

IISc specifically studied this supposed flying machine and concluded this was bogus too. Won't stop @$$holes from Bollywood to make a movie on the same.

Jab elephant wala bhagwan ho sakt@ hai to ye kiyoo nhi hhahahaahahah

Jab Jannat me Adam or Eve ho sakte hain jo Apple kha ke dharti pe aate hain, to ye kyon nahi ho sakta :azn:

concluded this was bogus too
Not all were bogus. :D The Vaimanik Shastra was a book written in 1920s with little scientific relevance. But there were other books that had sound designs, theoretically. Read the PDFs ... on mobile now....pretty interesting.

one day India would say King Soloman was Indian and the Flying Carpet in the tales
"One Thousand and One Nights"
is also Indian creation to fly.

I feel sorry for Indians. This is the official mantra at the highest level now.

Not all were bogus. :D The Vaimanik Shastra was a book written in 1920s with little scientific relevance. But there were other books that had sound designs, theoretically. Read the PDFs ... on mobile now....pretty interesting.
Jitni discussion is forum me in funny claims ki hoti utni toh ISRO ki achievements ki bhi nahin hoti. Sometimes I wonder ye defence forum hai ya religious history forum. :what:

Jitni discussion is forum me in funny claims ki hoti utni toh ISRO ki achievements ki bhi nahin hoti. Sometimes I wonder ye defence forum hai ya religious history forum. :what:
This is a sensational place. One where emotions and sentiments rule instead of rationale. For a more unromantic look at the Indian Science Congress check this -
Indian Science Congress

Last edited:

I was talking about the aircraft that is being referred to in 'Hawaizada'.

neither, it's mostly troll/counter troll type stuff. :lol:

I hope they are uploaded. The newspapers are purposely ignoring the other work done there,and promoting just govt hatred. It's quite sad to see hatred of BJP become hatred of the establishment (and even going to the extent of providing **** versions of events in CT ops).

Anyway on topic of ISRO, they actually had a very busy booth:
ISRO, DRDO stalls biggest draw on Day One of Pride of India exhibition | The Indian Express
check this out:
Indian Science Congress showcases robot with multiple cameras to defuse bombs - IBNLive

Here is the official site:102nd Indian Science Congress I hope the videos of these presentations will uploaded to the web.

This is a sensational place. One where emotions and sentiments rule instead of rationale. For a more unromantic look at the Indian Science Congress check this -
Indian Science Congress

I saw this.
Arre main toh bahar tha, itna sab kuch science congress mein bol rahe the aur media log in do ki bhasan ko leke babal mach diya? Baki sab news kahan gaya??

modi ji does not poop, he works so hard it all gets consumed and burnt by his super vedic digestive system
:lol: :lol: :lol:

36868581.jpg

These are mostly myth and stories created to entertain people about Vedic period. Even Greeks and Italians do not believe in their myths as actual history. India and especially Hindus feel a need to create history based on myths.
basis of many religion lies in myth and impossible feats eg.. dividing sea, back from dead, flying horses etc

Actually the first flight happened in 1895 -
Flying high - Deccan Herald

Too bad it lasted only 37 seconds. :( The Wrights made stabler flying machines.

Overall the Science Congress was extremely successful and it was packed!
At Science Congress, Vedic aeroplanes and virus-proof suits | The Indian Express

This has piqued my interest. Will have to look into it. :)
Been looking for the translation of Vymanika shastra, but ONLY found many vedic translations of Astronomy,universe and quantum physics in recent book fair translated by sanskrit pandits.
Its better to learn Sanskrit oneself and read those texts, but those Vymanika shastra texts are not found anywhere except in Maharasthra which is said to be in a museum.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom