What's new

An open letter to the people of India on the Kashmir issue

That "everlasting peace" thing is a mirage, when talking about Pakistani jihadi groups. They will always have reasons to trouble India, even if the Kashmir issue is resolved. Spreading islam for example, or establishing sharia. The lashkar-e-toiba has as one of its aims the establishment of islamic rule from spain to malaysia. As long as there are people who believe in establishing their ideology through force, there will be no everlasting peace.

Besides, we are far beyond the point where you can threaten us with troubles unless some parts of Kashmir is given to you. We have learnt how to keep out Pakistani jihadis, or at least prevent them from entering in sufficient numbers to be effective. Other than a few terrorist attacks now and then, they are not in a position to threaten us with enough violence to intimidate us into giving away our territory. Besides, each terror attack (like 26/11) only strengthens our resolve and determination to protect ourselves in future and hate the jihadis even more.

The population has lost its enthusiasm for these groups and secondly so has the state in a large part. I don't see these guys ten years from now regardless of whether they want to establish the flag from here to wherever. You are right about India shutting out such groups and they will pose less of a risk in the future.

Anyway I was discussing for the sake of it really.

My take.. the solution will come to fruit only under 2 conditions
1. One of the 2 countries becomes so weak that it is walked over by the other. This solution is very low probability since both countries are nuclear powers
2. Both countries (or at least one of them) becomes so successful that giving the concessions on the Kashmir does not stay a core issue for them

Apart from that, Kashmir will stay as it is today

That certainly is the case.

The instrument of accession was to be based on 2 bearings - the state's geographical position to India or Pakistan and the majority religion of its inhabitants .

No such thing existed. :rolleyes1:

Are you saying India had 0.7 million soldiers in Kashmir prior to 1962? :lol: I knew about comprehension issues with you guys, but did not realize the history was a gone case too :)

We have all the necessary trade that we need across the world and when that energy corridor becomes a benefit generating deal for Pakistan, we can discuss it in more detail. After all for last 5 years you folks have been singing around the tune of IPI, then IP and then IPC gas pipeline which is all but dead now.

btw, this was the situation of the Pakistani terrorist attack on the state of Kashmir when India intervened. But I know you guys like to live in the alternate reality where you managed to win something from India (except peak 5353 :D) and hence like to believe that your terrorists captured the Pak Occupied Kashmir from India and not maharaja of Kashmir

800px-J%26K02low.jpg

oh Goodness me,You guys are having trade across the Globe as is everyone do but having something(strategic routes;)) is one thing and using meager alternative's to make up for it is the other thing,and some of indians got so paranoid about the strategic routes that they actually started to believe existence of Border with Afghanistan(once again thanks to your brainwashing of Media)...regarding IPI if i recall it correctly it was India who chickened out first thus put the whole progamme in jeopardy and uncertainity..

P:S i didn't know that you will draw some irrelevant maps to make your shallow argument more weight-full but alas you failed badly...:lol:

I read what he has to say.One thing I noticed from the tone, he doesn't identify himself as an Indian himself and addresses the people of India in second person narrative.

Anyways, why are we discussing this?Kashmir is an integral part of India, period.

Now that you are writing completely unrelated points to your original contention,
I presume you concede
1) Instrument of accession does not mandate a plebiscite
2) UN resolution calling for a plebiscite is not binding & not mandatory.

it would appear unrelated if you insist in going in circles ,

1) It was India that took the Kashmir issue to the UN SC in 1948, as far as UN is concerned Kashmir is a disputed territory

you should be questioning Lord Mountbatten & Nehru on the need for plebiscite, not me

My dear Maharajah Sahib,

Your Highness's letter, dated the 26th Octobers has been delivered to me by Mr. V.P. Menon. In the special circumstances mentioned by Your Highness, my Government have decided to accept the accession of Kashmir State to the Dominion of India. Consistently with their policy that. in the case of any State where the issue of accession has been the subject of dispute, the question of accession should be decided in accordance with the wishes of the people of the State, it is my Government's wish that, as soon as law and order have been restored in Kashmir and her soil cleared of the invader, the question of the State's accession should be settled by a reference to the people. Meanwhile, in response to your Highness's appeal for military aid, action has been taken today to send troops of the Indian Army to Kashmir to help your own forces to defend your territory and to protect the lives, property and honour of your people.

My Government and I note with satisfaction that your Highness has decided to invite Sheikh Abdullah to form an Interim Government to work with your Prime Minister.

Yours sincerely,

(Sd/-) Mountbatten of Burma

Legal Document No 115--Reply from Lord Mountbatten to Maharajah Sir Hari Singh
dated 27 October 1947

2) It was not be mandatory to rogue India but the countries that sponsored the UN resolutions from 1949 to 1970 don't share India's view.

it would appear unrelated if you insist in going in circles ,

1) It was India that took the Kashmir issue to the UN SC in 1948, as far as UN is concerned Kashmir is a disputed territory

you should be questioning Lord Mountbatten & Nehru on the need for plebiscite, not me

My dear Maharajah Sahib,

Your Highness's letter, dated the 26th Octobers has been delivered to me by Mr. V.P. Menon. In the special circumstances mentioned by Your Highness, my Government have decided to accept the accession of Kashmir State to the Dominion of India. Consistently with their policy that. in the case of any State where the issue of accession has been the subject of dispute, the question of accession should be decided in accordance with the wishes of the people of the State, it is my Government's wish that, as soon as law and order have been restored in Kashmir and her soil cleared of the invader, the question of the State's accession should be settled by a reference to the people. Meanwhile, in response to your Highness's appeal for military aid, action has been taken today to send troops of the Indian Army to Kashmir to help your own forces to defend your territory and to protect the lives, property and honour of your people.

My Government and I note with satisfaction that your Highness has decided to invite Sheikh Abdullah to form an Interim Government to work with your Prime Minister.

Yours sincerely,

(Sd/-) Mountbatten of Burma

Legal Document No 115--Reply from Lord Mountbatten to Maharajah Sir Hari Singh
dated 27 October 1947

2) It was not be mandatory to rogue India but the countries that sponsored the UN resolutions from 1949 to 1970 don't share India's view.

You are infact going around in circles talking about a plebiscite being mandatory when it only existed in intent.
Don't confuse intentions at one point of time to the actual reality.
Yes, India at one point intended to conduct a plebiscite. But it is not mandatory for us to do so and neither are we obligated to do so.

You are infact going around in circles talking about a plebiscite being mandatory when it only existed in intent.
Don't confuse intentions at one point of time to the actual reality.
Yes, India at one point intended to conduct a plebiscite. But it is not mandatory for us to do so and neither are we obligated to do so.

the intent was mandatory , do you have an issue with that, I only highlighted the mandatory intent, hope that keeps you off the loop

how India views the plebiscite - mandatory or obligatory , is India's choice and India knows what the outcome will be if plebiscite is conducted in Kashmir

why must Kashmiris cross over minus their land, ? ,

People from Pakistan punjab and sindh left their land moved to India in 1947 (similarly people from UP Bihar and other parts of India migrated to Pakistan)
Its their mistake that they were unable to take decision at that time

@karan.1970

See this is what i was Talking about...You may well deny it but your Govt has some real Pain in Rear regarding it...

India expresses concern over China-Pakistan Economic Corridor

Dude, dont be naive. The objection being raised is the standard templatized objection since a 3rd country is investing in a part of Pakistan that India claims as its own.

oh Goodness me,You guys are having trade across the Globe as is everyone do but having something(strategic routes;)) is one thing and using meager alternative's to make up for it is the other thing,and some of indians got so paranoid about the strategic routes that they actually started to believe existence of Border with Afghanistan(once again thanks to your brainwashing of Media)...regarding IPI if i recall it correctly it was India who chickened out first thus put the whole progamme in jeopardy and uncertainity..

Will ignore the initial jibber jabber, but regarding IPI, well, we did screw you over.. Didnt we ? :)

P:S i didn't know that you will draw some irrelevant maps to make your shallow argument more weight-full but alas you failed badly...:lol:
Dude, its a map from Wiki.. Not drawn by me.

Back
Top Bottom