What's new

An Indo-Arab blunder?

For tourists its the best to go to peninsular India as it is the most developed region of South Asia. On the other hand
north India and particularly eastern India are some of the least developed regions of South Asia so I wouldn't
recommend you to go there. But if you really want to visit north India then you should go to Lucknow
but never go to Rajasthan.:lol:

But what is wrong with Rajasthan? I have heard about Lucknow as a city with a big Muslim population.

I am surprised to hear that Northern India is less developed than Southern India. But again I had really no particular reason to think that.

@INDIC

Well I am mostly interested in the Western pat of India. Meaning everything from Gujarat to Kerala due to that region having the closest ties with the Arab world and the ME and due to the beaches, cuisine, the fact that almost all Indians I know are from that part of India etc. But I believe that many other areas of India are interesting too. I just know more about those areas of India. Not an expert by any means.

Also how would you Indian users explain to a stranger the difference between Western India and Eastern India? I mean between the coastal areas of Western India bordering the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean and their Eastern counterparts bordering the Bay of Bengal?

Surely there must be considerable differences?!

It's a not very well-known part of India. I mean the areas south of Calcutta all the way to the Southern tip of India. I am talking about the Bay of Bengal coastline here. I imagine that those areas are interesting too.

@al-Hasani In India, you don't find negativity towards Arab countries for various reasons. There are at-least few million people from South India are working in Arab countries, most of them are Hindus. The issues we read\heard now and then are isolated and not seen as common to everyone. I have few friends who are Software Engineers and happy to stay there instead of coming to USA, so that they can travel to India frequently. Earlier most of Hindu families used to keep their kids back at home for studies, now you see that they are happy to send them to schools there itself.

@sreekumar @Foot12 @INDIC

Thanks for all those replies.

Would you overall say that relations between the Arab World/ME and the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa and Kerala are the closets overall? Especially the coastal areas? That's what I have read everywhere at least.

@Foot12

Well that can explain why almost every Keralan member here on PDF has been friendly to us Arab users and we to them and why Keralan Indians are doing well in the ME.

@INDIC

I was of the opinion that Northern India was more developed than Southern India?

@sreekumar

Good to met another Keralan here!:cheers: I imagine that you like coconut curry sauce too.:lol:

Also how would you Indian users explain to a stranger the difference between Western India and Eastern India? I mean between the coastal areas of Western India bordering the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean and their Eastern counterparts bordering the Bay of Bengal?

Thanks.

Coconut items are our lifeline.
It is part of our culture.
India is vastly diversified with lot of cultures and languages.
But we are one.Due to some reasons there is development gap between states but things will become in near future.
Except some 7 or 8 states all other states have some good development.Half of them are developed or near developed.
But that poor 8 stateshave half of our population.
But now all these states have good GDP growth.

Please find a recognized map of Asia before 1947 having Pakistan in it. The land was always there, but the State wasn't. Is it so hard to reconcile to this simple fact?

Stop f@rting like a dumb...Pakistan was always there, with a different name though. I already educate you in another thread.

Coconut items are our lifeline.
It is part of our culture.
India is vastly diversified with lot of cultures and languages.
But we are one.Due to some reasons there is development gap between states but things will become in near future.
Except some 7 or 8 states all other states have some good development.Half of them are developed or near developed.
But that poor 8 stateshave half of our population.
But now all these states have good GDP growth.

Southern Arabian cuisine also uses coconut a lot and I love it raw and coconut milk too. It's perfect for spicy dishes.

That's good to here.

@SouthDesi

Very good. India is an observer member state of the Arab League and our ties are at least 5000 years old and the biggest Indian diaspora in the world is in the Arab world. I believe that there is a lot of potential for cooperation on a human level as both regions have a big potential and a big market.

I must say that my impression of Indians in real life have been good and I have seen many similarities be it from values, cuisine etc. Some people are also somewhat similar in looks.:rofl:

But what is wrong with Rajasthan? I have heard about Lucknow as a city with a big Muslim population.

I am surprised to hear that Northern India is less developed than Southern India. But again I had really no particular reason to think that.

@INDIC

Well I am mostly interested in the Western pat of India. Meaning everything from Gujarat to Kerala due to that region having the closest ties with the Arab world and the ME and due to the beaches, cuisine, the fact that almost all Indians I know are from that part of India etc. But I believe that many other areas of India are interesting too. I just know more about those areas of India. Not an expert by any means.

It's a not very well-known part of India. I mean the areas south of Calcutta all the way to the Southern tip of India. I am talking about the Bay of Bengal coastline here. I imagine that those areas are interesting too.
Actually Rajasthan has a lot of great medieval Palaces and forts. And I heard that several tourists from Europe
and Eastern Asia go to Rajasthan to visit these Palaces.
But Rajasthan is Rajput territory. The Rajputs were involved in a lot of battles with the Arabs during early medieval period.
But if you have a large shield and some good bodyguards then there shouldn't be a problem for you to visit Rajasthan my Arab friend.:lol:

@INDIC

Lucknow was the Capital of Nawab of Awadh, Awadh was a breakway region of Mughal Empire in early 1700s and had role in anti-British revolts, Awadh is known for their cuisine, culture and their sweet sounding Urdu. Eastern India is less developed compared to West India. There is two types of cuisines in India North and South, majority of North eat wheat bread roti as the staple food while in south the idli-dosa or sambhar-rice symbolizes their cuisines. Bengalis are known for many varieties of fish curries and sweets. South Indians uses curry leaves, tamrind and coconut in their cuisines and curries which is non-existent in North India while North uses mustard oil for cooking the food and shares common similarities with the cuisines of middle East.

North aka Bhaiya land of UP and Bihar are shitiest and poorest states in whole South Asia with GDP per capita below $500 and population of over 300 million. :cheers: Though Haryana and Punjab which is North West is more developed and comparable to developed South Indian states.

when it comes literacy rate and other social indications, your Pakistan(especially Punjab) is most backward in entire South Asia. ;)

South India means 5 states(previously 4) in South India and rest of it called North India. Regions like Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Maharashtra are developed in North India.
Buddy, Maharashtra and Gujarat are West India

Karnataka, Kerala, TN, Andhra and Telangana are South India.
North India is J&K, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, Himachal, UP.
East India is Bihar, Jharkhand, WB, Odisha

Buddy, Maharashtra and Gujarat are West India

Karnataka, Kerala, TN, Andhra and Telangana are South India.
North India is J&K, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi, Himachal, UP.
East India is Bihar, Jharkhand, WB, Odisha

Yes, there are two type of classification. A Tamil will still call a Bengali or Gujarati as North Indian.

Yes..a lot of Shias in Lucknow mate :D
South India is much more developed than North India.
Its like this - West(only Gujarat and Maharashtra) and South India are developed, North and East India are not.
Well I am mostly interested in the Western pat of India. Meaning everything from Gujarat to Kerala
Western is just MH and Gujarat. The rest comes in South India.

Yes, Tamil Nadu(TN) (South East Coast) is a major industrial hub of India.
Bangalore is a major tech hub. Almost all fortune 500 companies have their tech or R&D offices in Bangalore.

Both these states come in South India.
East India is the most impoverished part of India.

Yes, there are two type of classification. A Tamil will still call a Bengali or Gujarati as North Indian.
lol.
The most generally accepted version is what the Planning Commission uses - which is what I listed.

hahaha...funny Indian logic...:lol::lol:

In Indian books the land of Pakistan dropped from skies in 1947...:woot::crazy::crazy:

The ancient Indian books says Bharat(you also know it as Hind or India) spread until bank of Indus and Gandhara in North-West, beyond that was the land of foreigners and Indians have nothing to do with Pashto or Baloch culture. ;) ;)

And what name was it again? :coffee:

This land was home to world's most known civilizations unlike some weak civilizations in the east that have no name & no pride of being themselves.

The ancient Indian books says Bharat(you also know it as Hind or India) spread until bank of Indus and Gandhara in North-West, beyond that was the land of foreigners and Indians have nothing to do with Pashto or Baloch culture. ;) ;)

Yes Bharat was the land that is today's India. The ancient India was the region that is today's Pakistan & that land has history, civilization & culture. This name came out from Sind/Sindh/Sindhu/Indus...also known as Harrappan Civilization. Poor Indians don't wanna be known as bhartis to the world when this was their ancient name instead they imported the name from Sind to make themselves feel better.:crazy::crazy::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom