What's new

An Indo-Arab blunder?

So are there not any border control or are there simply too many potential illegal's that you cannot cope with the numbers?

I agree regarding the illegal immigration. KSA has deported about 500.000 illegals since November last year. Can you imagine?

It is a very very long border crisscrossed by literally thousands of water bodies, river deltas and mangrove forests which are extremely difficult to patrol.

There are border controls wherever possible but it is the combination of corrupt border control officials along with a very difficult terrain which makes it easy for potential illegal immigrants. Add to that, the lure of smuggling profits in an impoverished landscape. Border control between India and Bangladesh is actually, a joke.

Those illegal immigrants simply have to go. They have made life of ordinary law abiding citizens very difficult.

So some Arab realize that Indians feel cheated by Arabs after getting India's blind support for Palestine.

Arabs aren't going to change and the proof is their anti-India resolution regarding Kashmir passed in OIC every year.
Arabs dont give a crap about palestinians mere bhai, its all lip service.

It is a very very long border crisscrossed by literally thousands of water bodies, river deltas and mangrove forests which are extremely difficult to patrol.

There are border controls wherever possible but it is the combination of corrupt border control officials along with a very difficult terrain which makes it easy for potential illegal immigrants. Add to that, the lure of smuggling profits in an impoverished landscape. Border control between India and Bangladesh is actually, a joke.

Those illegal immigrants simply have to go. They have made life of ordinary law abiding citizens very difficult.

Ok, that explains it.
I think that the failure of many Arab countries and in general countries that have large numbers of immigrants (especially from neighboring countries) is that they are not trying to solve the roots of the migration. On could argue that this is the responsibility of the state that the migrants are escaping from but on the other hand richer states should help more IMO. But on most instances the problems are simply to big to solve by others or long-term projects.

@Contrarian

Well, it is good that the mutual trade is growing. Closer economic cooperation = lesser chance of conflict.

Arabs dont give a crap about palestinians mere bhai, its all lip service.

Some rulers are not willing to risk much for them but the Arab street is very supportive for the Palestinians. Besides that conflict is far from being an Arab conflict. It's one of the main conflicts of the 21th century that transcends religion, ethnicity etc.

Ok, that explains it.
I think that the failure of many Arab countries and in general countries that have large numbers of immigrants (especially from neighboring countries) is that they are not trying to solve the roots of the migration. On could argue that this is the responsibility of the state that the migrants are escaping from but on the other hand richer states should help more IMO. But on most instances the problems are simply to big to solve by others or long-term projects.
True. And Bangladesh has shown some level of competence in growth. They are growing economically. We can only hope that after a decade, their need to jump borders reduces.
On the Indian side, we are investing more on better border closure.
@Contrarian

Well, it is good that the mutual trade is growing. Closer economic cooperation = lesser chance of conflict.
Our goal is more sinister :D

True. And Bangladesh has shown some level of competence in growth. They are growing economically. We can only hope that after a decade, their need to jump borders reduces.
On the Indian side, we are investing more on better border closure.

Our goal is more sinister :D

Well, that's good for India I guess. I hope the same can take place in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia overall.;)

LOL, that does not sound very friendly. Don't forget that you are on a Pakistani forum!:lol:

LOL, that does not sound very friendly. Don't forget that you are on a Pakistani forum!:lol:
Nah..I was just hoping some Pakistani nationalist will pick it up and start something. Always fun to watch people foam at their mouths.
In any case, the outcome will still be the same - that of lesser chance of conflict. So win-win.

Let us be honest here for a second.

What is it that India can give the Arab world (22 countries in total and about 450 million people) that fellow Muslim countries and main allies and trading partners such as USA, China, West Europe cannot give us?

On the other hand India is still largely dependent on natural resources originating from the Arab world due to the growing demand and very high population.

Also there are millions of Indian citizens working in the Arab world. I think that they send the most remittances back to india of all regions in the world.

On the other hand the Arab world (in particular the Arabian Peninsula across the Arabian Sea) and Northern/Western India have enjoyed an ancient cultural and trade connection that is still vivid to this day.

India does not need to be for or against Israel as they are not the main players in that conflict nor even located in the region. I struggle to see what weight India's words carry in Israel. Contrary to the words of for instance the US or EU.
Actually Arabia had even a greater relationship with peninsular and southern India during the early medieval period.
The Arabs established several trading posts in southern India during the rule of the Rashtrakuta Dynasty in the 8th and 9th century. During the early medieval period several Indian Dynasties like the Rashtrakuta Dynasty and the Pandya Dynasty
appointed Arabs as ministers. The Arab Scholars like Sulaiman, Masudi, Ibn-Hakul and Abu-Zaid have a word of praise for peninsular India and particularly for the ruler of the Rashtrakuta Dynasty.

The Arab scholar Sulaiman stated:" In the whole country of the Hindus there is none more affectionate to the Arabs than the south Indian Rashtrakuta king and likewise his subjects also profess the same love for the Arabs."
The 10th century Arab scholar Masudi says: "Amongst the kings of Sind
and Hind none treats the Arabs who are established in their domains with more
distinction than the Rashtrakuta king. In the cities of the Rashtrakuta kingdom the
Muslims were honored and protected and they were allowed to erect their own
mosques."

@Foot12

Thanks for that information. Sorry for my ignorance but what does "Peninsular India" mean? Is that just Southern and Central India?

Yes, but it is worth noticing that the trade and cultural relations are actually 5000 years old. That is very impressive.

Another fellow heritage is the dhow.

Traditional dhow
by Tobi Roaming Africa, on Flickr

Dhow at Sansibar
by luthi, on Flickr

Dhow in Mirbat harbour, Oman
by Eric Lafforgue, on Flickr

De Dhow Dhow Dhow De Da Da Da...Tanzania

@Foot12

Thanks for that information. Sorry for my ignorance but what does "Peninsular India" mean? Is that just Southern and Central India?

Yes, but it is worth noticing that the trade and cultural relations are actually 5000 years old. That is very impressive.

Another fellow heritage is the dhow.

Traditional dhow
by Tobi Roaming Africa, on Flickr

Dhow at Sansibar
by luthi, on Flickr

Dhow in Mirbat harbour, Oman

De Dhow Dhow Dhow De Da Da Da...Tanzania
The Rashtrakuta Dynasty ruled the major part of Peninsular India from the 8th to the 10th century.
Peninsular India stretches from Maharashtra in the north to Kerala in the south.
Picture7.png

The Rashtrakuta Dynasty ruled the major part of Peninsular India from the 8th to the 10th century.
Peninsular India stretches from Maharashtra in the north to Kerala in the south.
Picture7.png
I have to read about them I guess.

Have you tried sailing on a dhow? It is amazing. I did that once in Oman. Are such boats still present in India and made by hand?

I want to visit that part of India. I mean the entire Western coast from Gujarat to Kerala. I think that this is the part of India that has most ties with the Arab world and Middle East overall and it is probably also one of the most beautiful areas of India.

I am less familiar with the Eastern coastline of India - the one bordering the Bay of Bengal but that is also interesting probably. I once read that Arab and Muslim traders reached that part of India too. At least they reached Sri Lanka.;)

Where are you from in India mate if I can ask? Also can you recommend some Indian dishes from your hometown/region.:D:lol:

You are welcome on the Arab Section of the forum.

Have you tried sailing on a dhow? It is amazing. I did that once in Oman. Are such boats still present in India and made by hand?

I want to visit that part of India. I mean the entire Western coast from Gujarat to Kerala. I think that this is the part of India that has most ties with the Arab world and Middle East overall and it is probably also one of the most beautiful areas of India.

I am less familiar with the Eastern coastline of India - the one bordering the Bay of Bengal but that is also interesting probably. I once read that Arab and Muslim traders reached that part of India too. At least they reached Sri Lanka.;)

Where are you from in India mate if I can ask? Also can you recommend some Indian dishes from your hometown/region.:D:lol:

Peninsular India and Gujarat are the most developed regions of South Asia so its the best place for tourists.
I was born in the land of Shivaji Maharaj if you know what that means.8-) But I grew up in a foreign country.

Peninsular India and Gujarat are the most developed regions of South Asia so its the best place for tourists.
I was born in the land of Shivaji Maharaj if you know what that means.8-) But I grew up in a foreign country.

Can you explain to me what "Peninsular india" means preciselly? Visually with a map. You already wrote what it is but I would like to see a map.:)

Do you mean Goa specifically?

What is Shivaji Maharaj? Where does that lie in India? Ok, that is not bad then.

Hey, what about some dishes/cuisine from your region? Can you inform us here?

Also which part of India has the best beaches? The Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean coastline or the Bay of Bengal coastline?

I need to visit India. Preferably sailing along the coastline. A trip from Oman should/could be arranged if just some of the more dangerous routes can be avoided and pirates.

@levina @ranjeet @INDIC @Contrarian

Can you be helpful to answer my posts here.

Can you explain to me what "Peninsular india" means preciselly? Visually with a map. You already wrote what it is but I would like to see a map.:)

Do you mean Goa specifically?

What is Shivaji Maharaj? Where does that lie in India? Ok, that is not bad then.

Hey, what about some dishes/cuisine from your region? Can you inform us here?

Also which part of India has the best beaches? The Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean coastline or the Bay of Bengal coastline?

I need to visit India. Preferably sailing along the coastline. A trip from Oman should/could be arranged if just some of the more dangerous routes can be avoided and pirates.

@levina @ranjeet @INDIC @Contrarian

Can you be helpful to answer my posts here.
Peninsular India consists of the Indian states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Picture7.png

How about this one

Kerala has the best beaches.

Peninsular India consists of the Indian states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Picture7.png

How about this one

Kerala has the best beaches.
Better to post a political map of the peninsular India. You are mentioning the states and al-Hasni would not understand. That way he can pin point exactly what you are talking about.

Actually when you visit our state you must Malabar area.You can still find some traces of Arabs on our
coastal area of Kerala.
You can visit our Kovalam beach and back waters of Kerala.It will be a good experience.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom