What's new

An Indo-Arab blunder?

Can you explain to me what "Peninsular india" means preciselly? Visually with a map. You already wrote what it is but I would like to see a map.:)

Do you mean Goa specifically?

What is Shivaji Maharaj? Where does that lie in India? Ok, that is not bad then.

Hey, what about some dishes/cuisine from your region? Can you inform us here?

Also which part of India has the best beaches? The Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean coastline or the Bay of Bengal coastline?

I need to visit India. Preferably sailing along the coastline. A trip from Oman should/could be arranged if just some of the more dangerous routes can be avoided and pirates.

@levina @ranjeet @INDIC @Contrarian

Can you be helpful to answer my posts here.
If you were never in india before then you should go to Gujarat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maharashtra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, Karnataka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia or Kerala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
But for Arabs its probably the best to go to Kerala which seems to have enjoyed a great trading relationship
with the Arabs since medieval times.

But I would recommend you to go to the land of the warriors called Maharashtra.8-)

But Kerala is also great.

Can you explain to me what "Peninsular india" means preciselly? Visually with a map. You already wrote what it is but I would like to see a map.:)

Do you mean Goa specifically?

What is Shivaji Maharaj? Where does that lie in India? Ok, that is not bad then.

Hey, what about some dishes/cuisine from your region? Can you inform us here?

Also which part of India has the best beaches? The Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean coastline or the Bay of Bengal coastline?

I need to visit India. Preferably sailing along the coastline. A trip from Oman should/could be arranged if just some of the more dangerous routes can be avoided and pirates.

@levina @ranjeet @INDIC @Contrarian

Can you be helpful to answer my posts here.

Peninsular India means South India, Southern states are more developed that Northern states.

Shivaji Maharaj(King Shivaji Bhosle) was the founder of Maratha Empire as the successor state of Mughal Empire, by 1758 Maratha Empire was in control of most of India. British lie to you that they conquer India from Mughals while in reality British conquered India from Marathas, Mughal just hold the titular Emperor of India from 1758 to 1858.

Goa has best beaches in India.

That is already happening partially, it will happen fully within a year or two.
India and Pakistan have already liberalized their trading regimes 80% .

We have moved from a 'positive list' to a 'negative list'. Probably the biggest liberalization of economic ties in 50 years.
Now even the negative list is to be phased out soon - within a couple of years- for complete economic and trade freedom.

Their nationalists are opposing this tooth and nail though for obvious reasons.

Give it a decade or a decade and a half, a large of their economy will be firmly dependent on India :D

Wet dreams. :sarcastic:

You know that it is already liberalized right?
There is now a small negative list instead of a positive list?

Only the MFN/NDMA is remaining.
And on wet dreams..let me have mine :D

Nawaz had some business ventures he wants to make in India but even that has limits he wouldn't stick his neck out to far. Anyway by all means. :sarcastic:

@sreekumar @Foot12 @INDIC

Thanks for all those replies.

Would you overall say that relations between the Arab World/ME and the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa and Kerala are the closets overall? Especially the coastal areas? That's what I have read everywhere at least.

@Foot12

Well that can explain why almost every Keralan member here on PDF has been friendly to us Arab users and we to them and why Keralan Indians are doing well in the ME.

@INDIC

I was of the opinion that Northern India was more developed than Southern India?

@sreekumar

Good to met another Keralan here!:cheers: I imagine that you like coconut curry sauce too.:lol:

Also how would you Indian users explain to a stranger the difference between Western India and Eastern India? I mean between the coastal areas of Western India bordering the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean and their Eastern counterparts bordering the Bay of Bengal?

Surely there must be considerable differences?!

Thanks.

Nawaz had some business ventures he wants to make in India but even that has limits he wouldn't stick his neck out to far. Anyway by all means. :sarcastic:
Then you are not aware of all that has transpired.
Both Zardari and Nawaz want this to happen.
Zardari started the process and changed the trade from positive to negative list.

Nawaz already finalized the deal with Congress govt 3 months before elections in India. That was because BJP was opposing the terms on which it was finalized and it was apparent that BJP will form the next govt, so it was Pakistan which said that let us defer the signing till the new GoI is sworn in. That was sharp political thinking on Nawaz/his Govt's part.

All this has been reported in both Indiana and Pakistani newspapers.

Then you are not aware of all that has transpired.
Both Zardari and Nawaz want this to happen.
Zardari started the process and changed the trade from positive to negative list.

Nawaz already finalized the deal with Congress govt 3 months before elections in India. That was because BJP was opposing the terms on which it was finalized and it was apparent that BJP will form the next govt, so it was Pakistan which said that let us defer the signing till the new GoI is sworn in. That was sharp political thinking on Nawaz/his Govt's part.

All this has been reported in both Indiana and Pakistani newspapers.

Actually I am following it but let us see what happens. :D

Well that can explain why almost every Keralan member here on PDF has been friendly to us Arab users and we to them and why Keralan Indians are doing well in the ME.
One of the major factor why Keralans are the highest number of Indian people going to work in the Gulf is because Kerala was governed by Communist parties which systematically destroyed all industrialization in Kerala. There are very few jobs to be had in Kerala. There is extreme unionization and bad work culture. Which is why most Keralans work outside of Kerala - whether in India or in Gulf.

That is the intrinsic factor why Keralites leave Kerala. Then the physical proximity to Gulf comes in play and the much higher wages they get in Gulf compared to India.
I was of the opinion that Northern India was more developed than Southern India?
No.
Southern India is generally more developed than Northern India with the exception of Delhi and its surrounding areas.

I was of the opinion that Northern India was more developed than Southern India.

Thanks.

North aka Bhaiya land of UP and Bihar are shitiest and poorest states in whole South Asia with GDP per capita below $500 and population of over 300 million. :cheers: Though Haryana and Punjab which is North West is more developed and comparable to developed South Indian states.

Would you overall say that relations between the Arab World/ME and the states of Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Goa and Kerala are the closets overall? Especially the coastal areas? That's what I have read everywhere at least.

@Foot12

@INDIC

@sreekumar

Good to met another Keralan here!:cheers: I imagine that you like coconut curry sauce too.:lol:

Also how would you Indian users explain to a stranger the difference between Western India and Eastern India? I mean between the coastal areas of Western India bordering the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean and their Eastern counterparts bordering the Bay of Bengal?

Thanks.
For tourists its the best to go to peninsular India as it is the most developed region of South Asia. On the other hand
north India and particularly eastern India are some of the least developed regions of South Asia so I wouldn't
recommend you to go there. But if you really want to visit north India then you should go to Lucknow
but never go to Rajasthan.:lol:

@Foot12

@INDIC

@sreekumar

Thanks.

South India means 5 states(previously 4) in South India and rest of it called North India. Regions like Punjab, Haryana, Gujarat and Maharashtra are developed in North India.

You mean this song
A good friend sent it to me. I don't even understand one word but the song is awesome.

Could you identify that actress in the middle of that group?
Latest beautiful figure in our malayalam films.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom