What's new

An Article about the Hazaras

another landlocked country ??

I was only half serious. Afghan pashtuns claim Pak lands based on common ethnicity even though they are majority in only 30% of Afghanistan land themselves and Kabul is majority farsi/dari city.

m14327_af.png

Hazaras should start with federation system first and hope for the best.

"Pakistan Air Marshal Sharbat Ali Changezi, who even as a junior flying officer in 1955, refused to be presented to the visiting Afghan king, Zahir Shah, because of his persecution of the Hazaras."

img_0848.jpg

I am a student of history. I have not come across many history books about Hazaras even though I have read the accounts written by Air Marshal Changezi.

I would like to know as why Mongol tribes chose to settle in Hazarajat and not other areas of present day Afghanistan and the history of the Hazarajat from the Timurid times until the time of the Barakzais.

Any suggestions?

Great thread and it is in the correct category. Appreciate your effort. Maybe you could list the contribution made to Pakistan by the Hazara's community like soldiers, sports people etc. I love football and the place my brother works ( UK ) has a young Hazara lad who apparently is like the next Maradona.

Maybe you could kick off with General Musa Khan?

@xenon54 Is there any Turkish connection here?
Is he Pak Hazara or Afghan Hazara?

They're Sunni Hazaras, they went to Hazara division and we went to Quetta.
Most of them are now mixed with Phatans today.
They are still my tribesmen, regardless of their Religion, However most of them don't identify themselves as Hazaras since they fear getting killed for it.

Thanks mate

Here are a few pictures of relatively young Hazaras in different Armed forces:
View attachment 242179
View attachment 242180
View attachment 242186
View attachment 242187

View attachment 242181
View attachment 242183 View attachment 242184
It is good to see so many Hazara's in Pakistan's military.

Look buddy if there's an army of beastly looking Asian men who just went through and killed off most of central asia in a wild killing spree, asking for your surrender, food and provisions, only an idiot would refuse and think that they'd be spared.

Why not, let me impose a special tax that you get because you're born as a special ethnicity. Ideal Civilization right? Even the Greeks would come to you and beg you to let them use your extremely civilized methord of collecting tax from one ethnicity to fill up their empty coffers.

While ethnic and religious tolerance was extremely high in the great and mighty Mongol empire.

Afghanistan is not only Pashtuns, nor was it back then.
I'm sure you wouldn't want to invite, welcome or give your land to INVADERS. It was an invasion, not hey Khorasan province mind if I take you over?

You have no right to tell me where my homeland is when you yourself came with Alexander. And or are remains of a Hebrew tribe.

You're mixing up two separate things, first you're talking about the totally just and needed for obvious reasons invasion of Khwerezemia.
And then talking about how bagdad fell about half a century later during Halagus invasion.

I don't think the Vizer would betray the fine and just caliph if he hadn't started sectarian differences. (Or insulted the poor guys poetry)
We got minimal resistance thanks to friends, and drowned the already small army.
Halagus entered with the intention of arranging a few marriages with the caliphs family and other influential people.
That's when one stupid Arab decided to take a potshot at the guy who just took over the city, and hit one of his top advisors. Pissing off the Khan greatly.
The Caliph said "it is the will of God" that you captured the city ect, ect.
And Halagu said "What will happen to you is also the will of God". Before promptly wrapping him in a carpet and getting him trampled by horses.
Look, history is history. It is matter of Truth that the Mongols INVADED the lands they did and it is a matter of TRUTH that they committed heinous oppression of the natives. Of course this is not unique to Mongols, many nations have done this, however now that you guys are Muslims (alhamdullilah), one should call a spade a spade, and condemn the wrongdoing of theirs, even if they were your ancestors.

If you guys are proud of what they did, then of course the descendants of those who were oppressed will not look kindly upon you.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom